Edge: The Game [Hatred]

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Reactor

Re: Edge: The Game [Hatred]

Post by Reactor »

Ethril wrote:To be fair, MicroSol owns most of the galaxy, and they're willing to throw all of that at one man if that's what it takes.
Partially this is true, albeit I noticed that less than half of ALL levels feature MicroSol starfighters (mostly on asteroid bases). On many levels, you need to fry completely unarmed vessels or harmless maintenance workers. On "SAVARA V", you actually need to eradicate war refugees and other civilians who are fleeing the planet (and yes, you actually get rewarded for it).

And the funny thing is, when you actually need to destroy the entire MicroSol fleet, all motherships are invulnerable, save for Vykomord's command ship at the end. Ye, so this is kinda funny...
WCstuck

Post by WCstuck »

video in main post dont work :(
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I guess they didn't expect that much of a shitstorm, so they set the video to private.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

At first I thought the name of the game was "Edge: The Game". I guess I misread the thread title.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I originally thought this thread wuold be about this.
Marisa the Magician
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Ah yes, my girlfriend mentioned that game too when I was talking about this.
EddieMann

Re: Edge: The Game

Post by EddieMann »

Snarboo wrote:
Blox wrote:Well the entire thing is just a big stab at the whole political correctness parade that is occurring.
Except it's made by literal neo-nazis.

And even if it wasn't, it would still look more like a piece of trash capitalizing off recent events than a well thought out, meaningful artistic statement.

I mean, I liked Postal 2 well enough, but this clearly does not have that level of self awareness or the sheer ridiculousness needed to get away with it like Postal 2 did. This game is literally Postal 2 if you stripped the fun and stupidity out of it, leaving a spiteful, hate filled husk in its place.

Actually, they're a Polish developer team and the guy you saw wearing the shirt had a grandfather who died fighting German occupation in WW2. That shirt had the symbol of the Polish resistance. Many of the people on the development team come from families that suffered worse than anyone during the holocaust.
~No.1585 Source
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Blox wrote:wow a smear campaign to demonize someone

never heard of that shit before, no sir
(btw gamers are dead and gamergate is about stomping on poor women because they won't bend over for prepubescents)
Seems as if you've only heard about gamergate from those against it. (Truly, GamerGate is the online backlash against perceived breaches of journalistic integrity on video game news sites that occurred as a result of some game dev screwing 5 dudes to get good reviews on her crappy "choose your own adventure" game. Anti-GamerGate feminists got GTAV banned in australia, GamerGate cost Gawker millions because one of their employees wanted to bring back bullying, etc.)

Also, Have you heard of MetalGate? some SJWs went for the metal community. http://www.metalinjection.net/editorial ... e-a-faggot
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

@EddieMann: That looks a lot less like "some SJWs went for" so much as just another voice in an ongoing dialogue.

Really, the only thing that really matches that description "some ___ went for" seems to be in the comments which look substantially like a /b/ raid (which it may or may not be, of course - if memory serves quite a few people on /b/ are metalheads and presumably have online presences elsewhere)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

EddieMann: It would be greatly appreciated if you would please NOT bring up Gamergate around here.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

wildweasel wrote:EddieMann: It would be greatly appreciated if you would please NOT bring up Gamergate around here.
But I didn't originally bring it up
My mistakes sir, thanks for the advice.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Hatred seems truly edgy, but if it manages to be more fucked up and psychologically horrifying than Postal 1, I'd buy it.

Part of me wants to buy it to see moral guardians cry over it, and another part of me hopes that RWS and Destructive Creations team up to make Hatred pretty awesome.
Big C

Post by Big C »

EddieMann wrote:Hatred seems truly edgy, but if it manages to be more fucked up and psychologically horrifying than Postal 1, I'd buy it.

Part of me wants to buy it to see moral guardians cry over it, and another part of me hopes that RWS and Destructive Creations team up to make Hatred pretty awesome.
Edit button, please.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Hatred was an explosive success on Greenlight, but apparently it's not good enough for Steam.
Literal scams and generally shitty games are perfectly fine, however.

Return to “Off-Topic”