[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

TheBadHustlex wrote:I don't understand a word from these descriptions.
i get those words, since i does know guns 'n ballistic stuffs a lil' bit.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Well, I understand what the caliber is, but other than that, I'm a total Noob when it comes to weapons.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Good thing we're on the internet. Look it up.
comet1337_old

Post by comet1337_old »

why am i so terrible at this

-image snip-

believe this took over an hour? bceause it did

Image Image

maybe i can fool someone into thinking that this is supposed to be a gun
Last edited by comet1337_old on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Well, the base is there. Now, it needs some texturing.
Slax wrote:Good thing we're on the internet. Look it up.
Might do that later.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Modified the barrel venting on the M64A4/5 LMG and M30/A1 GMPG and added the M32/A1 Heavy Machine Gun (16.66x107mm MARS D).
Blox

Post by Blox »

comet1337 wrote:why am i so terrible at this
probably because you haven't done it for years like the ones who are making good sprites nowadays
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

Has anyone ever made a sprite of the Heretic staff with Doomguy's hands holding it? I tried making them myself, but they turned out like crap.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

comet1337 wrote:maybe i can fool someone into thinking that this is supposed to be a gun
I was reminded of this, so I decided to drop the link here for you: Here it is.Hopefully that can be helpful to you. :)
comet1337_old

Post by comet1337_old »

maybe it'll look like something with doom hands
Image Image Image
counts as practice i guess
maybe someone will be able to tell me if theres something completely off about it
maybe ill start shading somewhere in the distant future of never
jmickle

Post by jmickle »

i think its a pretty good base, could be excellent with some good shading! keep it up
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

The EM2015 semi-automatic battle rifle, utilizing the powerful 658x5,398mm Evangelion Special Purpose Cartridge developed to defeat AT Fields; it saw limited success in practice and thus was never fielded. This pickup isn't the same scale as the others by a goodly few orders of magnitude, although the weapon lends its design to the much later Mercader 449 rifle with the more infantry-scale IMPRI 4b Ionized Plasma Cartridge. The EM2015 was developed to exceed the combat capabilities of the EM-164 automatic rifle, which tended to be ineffective against most targets it was employed against, and exhibits excellent armor penetration.

ImageImage

MARS H with box magazines instead of the classic drum (the original concept drawings have box mags).
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Man, Railgunner, If you put these into a mod, how are you going to find hud sprites for them?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Man, Railgunner, If you put these into a mod, how are you going to find hud sprites for them?
I suppose I'd have to make them myself...which, quite frankly, sounds like a giant pain in the ass. The EM2015 probably won't get any even if the others do, given its actual size compared to the other weapons (its intended to be operated by an Evangelion Unit, while the next largest weapons I've made pickups for are man-portable heavy machine guns). Maybe I'll make them for the Mercader 449...

I probably should've given the weapon a different optic, as the EM2015 is supposed to have a holo sight, not an ACOG-type.

EDIT: The contrast on my most recent sprites seemed too low, and then this happened:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tidbit of lore: From about 2031 onward, the Kaiserli series of firearms were manufactured and supplied to the United States government by Gehiron, a then-new branch of Marco Arms. As MARS-type weapons were still being fielded to combatants during the Infinity War, Marco Arms enjoyed a warfare monopoly until Gehiron's contract expired in 2057.
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choke On Blood

Post by Choke On Blood »

Hellow y'all. I'm a beginner at spriting and make sprites for my own use, but here's a lil something that I'm working on. Advice is strongly appreciated. c:

Return to “General”