[RELEASED] Five Nights at Freddy's

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
skornedemon

[RELEASED] Five Nights at Freddy's

Post by skornedemon »

VERSION 1.2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a nice small project Ive been working on. Will be released in about a week.
Enjoy the video,and leave suggestions/comments. This was our run on Night 5.
The chat is from my testing TS server.

The release video!

Aaaaand a death montage.

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tjzd6 ... 60ff6c5.7z
Use this specific GZDoom build. 2.1 dont agree with the models, and anything lower messed with the brightmaps on
the models.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rkw8d ... dys1-2.rar
Last edited by skornedemon on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
TheBadHustlex

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

Post by TheBadHustlex »

These models are surprisingly well done.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

I dunno, man; After fighting the legions of Hell, I don't think Doomguy would have any trouble whatsoever with a handful of creepy possessed pizza mascots. I mean, they've got impressive strength due to being robots, but the lot of them combined couldn't even approach a Cyberdemon, to say nothing of the man who's single-handedly brought entire battalions of them to their knees on a regular basis for over 20 years.

I'm not trying to knock your mod or anything (It's pretty spot-on so far), I just think it's kind of silly when people make horror mods for Doom and keep the player graphics as a space marine. I mean, even given the fact that the Space Marines in Doom aren't even in the same league as the Space Marines in WH40k (Closer to the Guardsmen, which is still pretty damn good), we're still playing as a guy who can kill 8-foot demon warriors with his bare hands and run entire marathons at a speed that makes the best Olympic sprinters look like chumps (while carrying 400 pounds of equipment!).
Actually I always kind of enjoyed the absurdity of things like a mansion full of bunnyhopping space marines with pipe wrenches trying to solve a murder-mystery-in-progress (See: Whodunit)... but that doesn't make it any less absurd (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).
Maybe I'm just overthinking things and I should go to bed because I've been up all night and now I'm rambling so don't take anything I say here too personally.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

skornedemon wrote:

...most of the video was literally you guys crouching on corners........
skornedemon

Post by skornedemon »

Ethril wrote:I dunno, man; After fighting the legions of Hell, I don't think Doomguy would have any trouble whatsoever with a handful of creepy possessed pizza mascots. I mean, they've got impressive strength due to being robots, but the lot of them combined couldn't even approach a Cyberdemon, to say nothing of the man who's single-handedly brought entire battalions of them to their knees on a regular basis for over 20 years.

I'm not trying to knock your mod or anything (It's pretty spot-on so far), I just think it's kind of silly when people make horror mods for Doom and keep the player graphics as a space marine.
I should mention that the player model for the character is a temporary,still the quake3 doomguy from Revilution. You obviously wont play as doomguy lol. However I definitely recommend to not limit yourself to
the 'doom' mentality for mods with that. For anyone's mod,try to seperate doom and the mod(unless it's literally a level or something INVOLVING doomguy)
insightguy wrote:...most of the video was literally you guys crouching on corners........
Yeah this was just a recording of a recent playtest. Some people have other means of playing. You can easily move around if you so desire, some of those people were brand new to testing, and others have found
spots they seem to like(and as the video shows,it didn't help) including myself falling victim.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

I like the looks of this. Am wishing you the best of luck. :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Huh, now finally someone does making this mod up. I wish you a good luck, man. And i hope it has different individual gameplay, too. I cannot think anything about it, but you get the idea.
skornedemon

Post by skornedemon »

What do you mean by different individual gameplay?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Jeez, I had just considered myself finished with this game. THANKS FOR THE FLASHBACKS.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Gifty wrote:Jeez, I had just considered myself finished with this game. THANKS FOR THE FLASHBACKS.
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

skornedemon wrote:What do you mean by different individual gameplay?
uncommonly different than original gameplay.
skornedemon

Post by skornedemon »

Captain J wrote:
skornedemon wrote:What do you mean by different individual gameplay?
uncommonly different than original gameplay.
Are you referring to Doom or FNAF.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Both of 'em. just make the mod good to play, that's all.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Nice~ Although the complaint I have with games like this is how you are just hiding from the scary things rather than facing them. There's... kind of a reason I like Ghoul's Forest so much. The map looks pretty good though. ((Despite very few things I noticed like the arcade machines look a bit weird)) Will this work on Zandronum at all?
skornedemon

Post by skornedemon »

Zandronum likes to aggravate me, so if it works, it's completely by chance.

Currently how the animatronics work are as followed.
Bonnie will be the first to activate, followed by Chica. They are the generics. They'll wander aimlessly unless they feel a player is close by. If the player is doing less movement, then it'll attract far less attention.
Foxy will become 'active' sometime after Chica is active. Once foxy is active he'll still sit there until a dynamic timer gets past a number(this timer increases depending on what players are doing,more active players
make the timer go up slower). Once foxy 'activates', he'll seek out 1 random player, even if another player is standing infront of him. If he's seen the target,and it gets out of LOS, he can instantly change to another
victim if he can see one in 360 degrees. If foxy fails to kill anyone, his timer gets reset,but to an already high number. If he does kill someone,it goes back to 0. That leaves the bread and butter, Freddy.
Freddy is the anti-doomer. People that think they can run at top speed and be perfectly safe by kiting bonnie and chica(and even foxy). Freddy will attack his target if they arent looking at him. The moment they
look away, he'll lunge(at perhaps a speed faster than foxy). Othertimes he'll corner players,or force them to not be able to move by 'pinning' them if they're hiding.

With all this in mind, that means the true best way to play,is to hide, but to crouch and skulk around. Constantly changing rooms and locations if possible. Just keep checking your back for Freddy.

At a random time usually half-way into the night, the power will go out. At this time fun stuff happens. Freddy will start playing his trademark 'jingle'. He'll lock up(not animate) and just float at players.
He can warp to rooms that players arent in to try to head people off, and he'll always be after someone until the power goes back on. How do you get the power back on? A blue key spawns SOMEWHERE in the
building. Players will have to look everywhere(Ive made some pretty mean spots). Their only clue is that the key will flicker for a single frame of full brightness every 6 seconds. Once a player gets the key,
they must head to the back generator room and start it back up(Freddy also likes to instantly kill people who turn the power back on, so watch your backs even then). Then the rules continue as they did before.
The goal is to survive until 6 AM for 5 Nights. Each night gets more and more difficult. The night we were playing on is the equivalent to 4 or 5.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”