Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
TerminusEst13

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Rustygold wrote:You want my honest opinion I think you should replace the security officer with strifeguy, Strifeguy could be the stealth In the game think of stealth killing Imps with a crossbow!
I would really rather not take out a popular and unique character to replace him with a glitchy, overpowered mess of a character.
I do like the idea of a Stealth character, but Strifeguy is quite a bit more than Stealth and is definitely not going to be included.

Sorry.
R17Quake

Post by R17Quake »

Rustygold wrote:You want my honest opinion I think you should replace the security officer with strifeguy, Strifeguy could be the stealth In the game think of stealth killing Imps with a crossbow!
Well, Corvus can kill Imps with a crossbow.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

with magic.

BTW, follow the rule if you could, rusty; do not bump the old-dated thread with useless suggestions by misreading or complimentig chit-chats but glitch report or OFFICAL NEWS.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Y'know... At least he had some input on the subject of the mod itself, as opposed to "Stop bumping!" It's ridiculous to see someone bump a topic for the sole purpose of yelling at someone for bumping the topic. You've managed to be more off-topic than the original "bump". Shame on you.
TerminusEst13 wrote:[...] a glitchy, overpowered mess of a character.
His arsenal could be quite good and unique after a significant overhaul... But by that point, why not find a character that fits the role already and requires less work? Besides, "significant overhaul" doesn't at all fit with the "mostly faithful" approach to the characters.

I can't think of an actual stealth character from an FPS that would be fitting. Even Hexen 2's Assassin wasn't that great at not being noticed. Just about any other character with a "stealthy" weapon only has one or two at most, and nothing else you could logically make less attention-getting. (I might manage to think of a good one later. Maybe.)

Besides, many megawad authors tend to specifically prevent you from trying to play stealthily or cautiously. :ninja:
VGA

Post by VGA »

Isn't it because the megawads are made for vanilla?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

NeuralStunner wrote:Y'know... At least he had some input on the subject of the mod itself, as opposed to "Stop bumping!" It's ridiculous to see someone bump a topic for the sole purpose of yelling at someone for bumping the topic. You've managed to be more off-topic than the original "bump". Shame on you.
sounds reasonable why i was always personal reacted for nothing-special bumps, so i apogize. but still it's kinda makes me feel down-beat also disappointed because the bump was not a author's good...or bad news, though. dunno why, but seems it's my instinct.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

All anyone here asks is that you learn from your mistakes, rather than defend them.

And now to go a bit more off-topic: After seeing Hyrule Warriors and how they're approaching Link as a combat unit, I can't help but think that's... almost exactly how I wanted to create a Link playerclass in Doom. S o basically if I ever get off my ass and actually make a Link playerclass I'll hop back here and ask how to better merge him with Samsara as an addon.
LuSan

Post by LuSan »

Greatings does this mod feature singleplayer?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

if you're playing it without doomseeker...yes, you can.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I was playing Deus Vult 2 with Samsara not too long ago, all by myself. BJ made some areas less frustrating thanks to Extra Lives and having a ripper weapon for all the massive imp battles. I've tried a Parias run before too.
President People

Post by President People »

Captain J wrote:if you're playing it without doomseeker...yes, you can.
Even with Doomseeker (with Zandronum, at any rate). Create Server, pick your wads, then play offline.
LuSan

Post by LuSan »

Thanks for the info guys, I was planing on playing it with ZDOOM, does it feature its own maps or I have to use a WAD?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

No maps included. Bot you can use nearly any IWAD + PWAD combination you might like. Going through a Doom 2 megawad is as possible as going through a Hexen megawad.
headrebe;

Post by headrebe; »

Any word on how Prisoner 849 is coming along? Unreal's one of my all time favorite games, and I'd love to be able to play as her through a few Doom WADs
ThatOneAnon

Post by ThatOneAnon »

I'm getting this error whenever I try to load Samsara. Any suggestions?
Attachments
FUUUUUUUCK
FUUUUUUUCK
Fuck.PNG (3.57 KiB) Viewed 646 times

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”