[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Decent.
I'll try to make it look very doomish.
EDIT:
What about the new Resource and e1m6?

TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Wait a minute.

WildWeasel's "Operation Silver Hammer" have an M79.

EDIT: I've got it.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Apart from the fact it's a rendered model (not that I have something against them, but some other people do) , it's pretty decent..

..but what bugs me is that Nightmare wouldn't want me to make a centered one if they were satisfied with the angled one :roll:

TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Damnit.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@BioHazard - Well, then speed up and get this done :) But ... the bad thing about that is that you are almost the only person then having worked on E1M9 and I don't know if that's a good point for the style & design overlapping. On the other hand, it's a secret map, so who cares?! :) Do what you want to do, I am ok with it (just cm is left)

@Nightmare - Is the one in the latest resource buggy? For me it works fine!

@NMN - Well, I have absolutely no idea where the latest version of E1M6 is, does anyone else know? And yes, I am ok with the fact that you want to work on that piece! Just make it good! And as you know: I just will wait 2 more weeks for ellmo although I have the bad feeling, he doesn't even know that each week is now 2 weeks long... :( I'd be happy to get some sign of life from him!
About the resource wad: As I said, I have problems with my webspace but at the moment, I reupload it and in about 2 minutes, it should work! If not, we are all doomed for eternity

@Nightmare & Others - Exactly, the 3 tram stations should look equal, otherwise, the whole thing wouldn't work (concerning atmosphere and style)

@DarkArchon - Well, it is rendered and not centered which makes it useless for us :( NMn, go to work right now :) :) :)

**EDIT**
BTW, I was actually right, when I said about 30 pages earlier, that this thread will be over 120 pages long :)
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

nmn: Well, the link Tormentor provided on the previous page for the resource wad Works For Me (TM), so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Here's E1M6. I'm assuming this is the latest version, it's the one Kirby uploaded on the 9th October.

Torm: it's not buggy, just ugly! :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nightmare - Yes it works, but the file itself is corrupt (was just 500kb big) and yes, as far as I can remember, this was the latest version of E1M6, so NMN, have a lot of fun with this ... well ... unfinished thingie ;) (54 seconds left until the new resource is uploaded, if nothing goes wrong and my webspace provider once more kills the file before it is finished *die asshole*

*EDIT*
Resource file uploaded, link works now fine and file is not corrupt anymore! And now it is time to sleep for me, in 5 hours I have to get up again (5:00 AM) and go to work ... damn I am that happy ;) And don't forget to test E1M8 so I can fix all the bugs you (won't) will find until the end of week 3 *hehe*
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Nightmare-thx a lot :)

Torm- yep, I'll see to it. What was started must be done!

About ellmo-come to think of it.. I'm beginning to imagine the scene where I personally handle You the hatchet to cut his head off :twisted:

Ok, about e1m6..
[nmn]Prepare for Ownage Image [/nmn]
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Sorry to butt in on your little conversation but what the hell is Image meant to be?
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

It's SHODAN! :?
Don't butt in. E1m6-my goodness! She needs a lot of work. Not only because it lacks architecture, but it contains ugly architecture :| , so I'll probably have to cut out about 30 % of the map's *details* (sarcasm) to make it stand again. Damn

NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

SHODAN, the evil self aware Artificial Intelligence from the two System Shock games.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

I have a general idea for e1m6.
Question:
Can I have sunset on Phobos?
:twisted:
There's atmosphere, why can't I have a Vile Orange Dusk, with a ruined compound! Half-lit by the darkening sun and blinking lights! Where Terrors foul in every corner!
EDIT: Where the heck are the clouds flat in the res file? And where are the "warping" liquids? :|
Last edited by Nmn on Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

In my defense, that M79 is from "NAM", in which about the only good part about it is the weapon graphics. I added the doomguy hand myself.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I see..... First lexus with his :twisted: 's and now this.....

Actually there was an annoying person somewhere with the fake sig of "chicken is nice! :joker: " which was highly annoying :evil:
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

nmn: that sounds very cool :)

The warping liquids all begin with W. The clouds are among the skybox flats, which all begin with SB_ .

Return to “Levels”