Blake Stone TC Demo

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EksFaktr

Re: Blake Stone TC Demo

Post by EksFaktr »

I read through the thread so far and hadn't seen this comment yet. In the secret to the left of the first hallway you start in (E1L1), there are a couple of Plasma Sphere aliens. Now, normally I get my shit wrecked by these guys if I'm not paying attention, but they were oddly... silent.

I even tried firing directly at them, and no reaction whatsoever. If I walk into them, I take damage from them still, as would be the norm, but for some reason, they refuse to wake up and behave themselves. Can anybody confirm this, or is this just something weird on my end?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

PlayerLin wrote:I see, but I forgot say the informants still become moving around if player fires its weapons..., no, in original they never moving at all whatever player/enemy do...

Also missing sound effects when informants give player items(in v0.20, still no energy packs, only give food tokens), use on out of order food machines/use on normal food machine but full of health and somethings...just silent, feel weird. :p

Kill Bio-Tech enemy(looks like informant but will attacking player when talk or fire a weapon nearby), do not play his death sound...

Weird, I try again by start new game with v0.20, but that monster still give me 1 point at all...

Also, the picture of Blake's mugshot should showed only one with current selected skill level in the difficulty level selection menu, now they all just show on there without change or something.
Fixed Informant/Biotech behavior:
- They don't move after you talk to them if they weren't already moving
- Sounds play when they give you things
- Fixed death sound definitions

Added "out of order", "can't eat now", etc. sounds to food units.

Tweaked the Plasma Alien so that the points values get assigned properly.

The skill screen in ZDoom doesn't allow for images to swap like the Blake/Wolfenstein skill screens did, so this is the best approximation that I can come up with.
EksFaktr wrote:I read through the thread so far and hadn't seen this comment yet. In the secret to the left of the first hallway you start in (E1L1), there are a couple of Plasma Sphere aliens. Now, normally I get my shit wrecked by these guys if I'm not paying attention, but they were oddly... silent.

I even tried firing directly at them, and no reaction whatsoever. If I walk into them, I take damage from them still, as would be the norm, but for some reason, they refuse to wake up and behave themselves. Can anybody confirm this, or is this just something weird on my end?
Try updating to the latest build of ZDoom. It seems that something (I have no idea what) changed in the last few months that lets the spheres work in newer versions and not older.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

I lost everything about my weapons, food tokens, score and whatever else when I get all 100% in floor 1(E1L1) and try go to floor 2(E1L2)...if I try to go back to first level, sometimes it does kill me because I see the High Score table when I'm in "lives: 0"... WTF... :shock:
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

PlayerLin wrote:I lost everything about my weapons, food tokens, score and whatever else when I get all 100% in floor 1(E1L1) and try go to floor 2(E1L2)...if I try to go back to first level, sometimes it does kill me because I see the High Score table when I'm in "lives: 0"... WTF... :shock:
Same thing happened to me before.

Also when I kill the plasma alien on the 4th floor with the silent pistol, it leaves a bloodstain on the wall.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

If you watch the video, you'll notice I lose all my weapons after being level 1. After level 2 I lost all my weapons again. Havent tested in the latest zdoom though.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Please test in the latest build of ZDoom and let me know if you still have the problem with stats and weapons resetting. Or give me more specific information so that I can continue to ty to reproduce the issue.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

AFADoomer wrote:Please test in the latest build of ZDoom and let me know if you still have the problem with stats and weapons resetting. Or give me more specific information so that I can continue to ty to reproduce the issue.
Use the latest one of GZDooM (G1.9pre-553) from DRD Team Dev Build site, seems it working, but I found sometimes I can't get 100% kill because seems some enemies get stuck on pushwalls or something I can't see/found(try to use iddt x 2 and check the automap, but still can't found the missing enemies), I can use "kill monsters" to force they all just die.

In the elevator menu, after selected any of floor that player can go to, and then the "level loading" screen shows, if I hit space or use key, the some parts of elevator menu will just showed out on the "level loading" screen and looks so funny. :P
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

PlayerLin wrote:
AFADoomer wrote:Please test in the latest build of ZDoom and let me know if you still have the problem with stats and weapons resetting. Or give me more specific information so that I can continue to ty to reproduce the issue.
Use the latest one of GZDooM (G1.9pre-553) from DRD Team Dev Build site, seems it working, but I found sometimes I can't get 100% kill because seems some enemies get stuck on pushwalls or something I can't see/found(try to use iddt x 2 and check the automap, but still can't found the missing enemies), I can use "kill monsters" to force they all just die.

In the elevator menu, after selected any of floor that player can go to, and then the "level loading" screen shows, if I hit space or use key, the some parts of elevator menu will just showed out on the "level loading" screen and looks so funny. :P
Both fixed...

- Added check to keep elevator screen from loading while level is loading
- Added check to remove attacker/pickup icon during elevator screen access
- Changed some checks in door script so that locked one-directional doors didn't take key items if attempted from the blocked side
- Changed indexing algorithm for item pickup messages to make hub-friendly
- Removed blood from some actors that shouldn't bleed when shot
- (Temporarily?) Removed Patrol.Clip state from patrolling enemies, as some were making their way outside the map
SyntherAugustus

Just played level 1 in gzdoom r535 and not only did it reset my weapons but it also ate 3 of my lives!
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

blackfish wrote:Just played level 1 in gzdoom r535 and not only did it reset my weapons but it also ate 3 of my lives!
When? After going to level 2? How many lives did you have before exiting? Did you have 100% stats?
SyntherAugustus

As soon as I hit the 2 button and it loaded the next level I was reduced to the pistol and 1 life. I had 34 kills and 15 secrets. If it matters I used a savegame while playing level 1.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

How many lives did you have before using the elevator?

There are only two places in the code where the inventory reset is called... When a player enters a new game, and when a player just died. In the first case, the script explicitly gives 3 lives. In the second case, the script should re-give the number of lives remaining for the player - this is the only place where you could possibly end up with weapons stripped and only 1 life...

You weren't manually changing any cvar values, were you? Specifically 'g_blakedead'?

EDIT: I'll do some testing with savegames as well... Maybe something's not saving across properly. Haven't been able to duplicate anything, yet.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

well, i didn't know you could working on tc blake stone, that's such a good news for all of apogee fans including me!

keep your amazing work, and i'll waiting for planet strike tc in your future works like what lostskull is wishing about!
Spoiler: EDIT: and i really hope you can fix the zdoom problem but gzdoom, i ran it with loader and zdoom version 2.7.1, it caused the error;
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

You'll need to use a newer version of ZDoom: one of the builds from DRD should get you going. :)

http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/zdoom/
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i downloaded a zdoom from zdoom.org/, i was never knew. and looks like it's service is all over, i guess. anyway thanks a lot!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”