High Quality Animations Project

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Gifty

Re: High Quality Animations Project

Post by Gifty »

Minigunner wrote:
Gifty wrote:Sarge's smooth explosion sprites
I'll just point out that SgtMarkIV actually wasn't the one who made those. I did.
Not to sound selfish or anything; I just don't like my work misattributed.
That was total negligence on my part, I apologize.
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

Eh, that's alright.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Hey! So despite the fact that this thread has long been in stasis and its owner no longer posts here, I've been working hard trying to keep it going because I really believe in this project. I've taken the last version from the OP and added a ton of my own stuff to it. I don't know if that's even ok, but hopefully it won't piss anyone off. Download here! Hopefully I've given proper credit to all concerned.

My additions include:
Spoiler:
I also smoothified the archvile's attack animation, but getting the tic rate is proving to be a nightmare so that's been left out for now. Anyone who might do a better job is welcome to have the sprites.
Last edited by Gifty on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
IMX

Post by IMX »

Looks good to me, a couple of issues

-Is it just me, or the Imp actually moves/attacks/everything about him is faster than vanilla?
-There seems to be an issue with the Imp's attack animation seen from his back, a frame of his frontal attack animation appears in the middle of the sequence
-It appears to be that there's some conflicts with the keycards' DECO in both ZDoom and GZDoom (2.7.1 stable and 1.9pre-327-gb91d5d5 respectively) Here is a portion of the logfile
Spoiler:
Also, just a personal thought, if this is a project focused on smoother animations, then there's no need for Perks' Sounds to be included in the pack.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Ah, that keycard thing was a sloppy mistake. I'm still feeling my way around coding, but it should be fixed now. Throwing PKsounds in there was just a tweak I made for myself and then forgot about, that's been rectified as well. As far as the imp stuff goes, I'm just using the original decorate from Sarge's version, but I hadn't noticed anything weird myself.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

@gifty: Is there any chance these would work with Brutal Doom SE?

Also any chance of a youtube video with these animations?
ArchXeno

Post by ArchXeno »

Skrell wrote:@gifty: Is there any chance these would work with Brutal Doom SE?

Also any chance of a youtube video with these animations?
That would take a hella large amount of work, but I can see Ketchup working well with this.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Pretty sure the extensive sprite work in BD would clash with this mod, unfortunately. As far as videos go, there's a really cool one in the OP; if you want to see my edits specifically, I'll maybe get to work on a video for that, depending on some stuff explained below

I'm trying to get in contact with Sarge to see how he feels about this project being continued. It didn't seem to me like he intended to come back to it, but I want to be sure that I've got his blessing before proceeding too much further. If he's done with the project, then I guess I'd make my own thread and keep making additions from there. If he's still attached, then I'll step back and let him do what he will. I just really want to see this project continued without overstepping my bounds.

EDIT: the keycard conflict seems like it's still an issue. I'm really better at spriting than coding, which is to say I can't code at all. I guess it would be prudent to ask for a life raft at this point. :P
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

if you want to see my edits specifically, I'll maybe get to work on a video for that
yes please!
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Here, I slapped this together.

You can probably see that a couple of animations still need some tic-tweaks; I'm hoping to iterate on some of this stuff, even the ones Sarge did.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

O_o I WANT ET! but I best wait till the finished product to get the best experience hah, Very impressive I might add.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Gifty wrote:Here, I slapped this together.

You can probably see that a couple of animations still need some tic-tweaks; I'm hoping to iterate on some of this stuff, even the ones Sarge did.
What song is this?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

"Zombie Compromise" by Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet, who you might know for doing the theme song to Kids in the Hall! I don't know what it is about surf music, but it fits in almost any conceivable context.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

so much beautiful animations also musics, there! anyway there's will be normal death animations for mancubus and arachnotron too?
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

The idle animation for the shotgunguy looked pretty cool, and there appeared to be some other cool things there as well. Perhaps a new thread should be started if there is to be a new attempt at this project.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”