Modes of Destruction 0.4.1
NC HUD MoD Edition (standalone--do not load with any other NC HUD pk3s)
NEW since 0.4:
* Implemented scroton's BFG script
* BFG blast mode now spawns 40 zappers firing one trace each instead of 8 zappers firing five traces each. The total number of traces is the same but they can now be split among up to 40 targets.
* Implemented Sgt. Shivers' SMG reload.
* Added a status bar HUD based on the BTSX status bar to match the fullscreen HUD.
* Added an alternate mode to the BFG--all weapons have modes now!
* Added A_BossDeath to the Baron, Mancubus, and Arachnotron BFG deaths.
* No more Brutal Doom-like cacos. Cacodemons now have their original red appearance.
Spoiler: Old changelogsThis is something I've been doing as a side project for a couple of years. The main gimmick of this mod is that each weapon (except for the fists and BFG for the moment) have two switchable modes (toggled with alt-fire) that have different roles and behaviors. For instance, the plasma gun switches between a medium-long range projectile weapon and a short-range lightning gun that does massive DPS but at the expense of ammo consumption, for when you're in a tight spot and need to kill something big right now. It also features a heavily tweaked and extended version of Nash Gore with alternate/gib deaths for every enemy and four gore colors (red, green, blue, and spectral gore for the Spectre). And on top of that there's a score system like in Wolfenstein, to reward exploring every nook and cranny and killing everything that moves. This mod is still in an alpha state and has unfinished stuff and rough edges but at this point I think it has enough features that I can show it off.
If you're looking for mods that play well with MoD, these wads were used extensively during testing and influenced the balance of the mod:
* Back to Saturn X Episode 1: Get Out of My Stations (skill 2)
* Whispers of Satan (skill 4)
* Doom the Way Id Did (skill 4)
* More gore and deaths! Plasma deaths, SSG deaths, everything gory and splatty. Any help is welcome!
* Refine animations
* Improve minigun sound