Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Doom 2 Recolored [Project] [Sprites][ Textures] ver 2.7

Post by wildweasel »

DefconRazor32 wrote:I just want to clarify that i do actually put on updates, maybe not at the right times, but i do my updates nonetheless. I also like to put up that i do read the rules every-time i post in this section, if i bump in this thread it's to clarify updates and also other things including my projects hence the tags, if anyone thinks I'm wrong i respect their right to post it. Enough of my stupid dumb ranting back on topic.
You're not in the wrong at all here.

[edit] Whoops. I accidentally started a new page. The real update's at the end of the previous one. =P
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Hey everyone I'm here posting again to let you know that the final release for 2.8 will be done very soon were looking at a December or January release date. I'm here to post some very neat previews of some the textures i have come up before the release. I have new technical things to add to this as well regarding how 2.8 re-patching will work, what it means is for what ever reason if i missed some content i was meaning to add, but was too lazy to add that i will add to the patches section of the texture wad.

I have worked on a new mutation of the vine or grass textures again i think it works very nicely in certain terrain it's in this preview pic:
Spoiler:
(remember this pic doesn't meet all exact measurement and as so it's not at the full representation and can be deemed unusable)

I hope that everyone enjoys this preview when the update gets applied, most these new textures will have kp on them with assigned numbers that way you can find them easier. I hope you all know this project isn't over it just means means I'm going a step up which means no more restrictions when the final release goes up. I will be naming the new project the full-color update the 3.0 updates. I think from there i will be doing full color raw textures, so if you can't use open gl mode then you'll be having problems with the 3.0 texture pack.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I'm here to give everyone a heads up that I'm almost done with the final update to the 2.8 release as well as some information at hand. I'm trying some new rust like ideas soon for the 3.0 update can't preview it cause i don't have enough good textures to merit a good preview. I just went through my old hard drive cause i needed a specific bone sample to finish the last variants for the flesh textures including a few new ones , I feel once i finish those last few textures i'll release the update and to further put up some info regarding more ground variants they're quite good for some quake styled maps. I will release the update within 1 or 2 weeks estimated so i hope everyone is excited as well as i am for this release. This whole project so far took 3 or more years quite an achievement and so much done. :D
DefconRazor32

Re: Doom 2 Recolored [Project] [Sprites][ Textures] ver 2.8

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I just uploaded the final release of version 2.8 software version it includes the new flesh textures i added and a whole lot more i might make a slight patch at a later date.
If anyone has any problems with the dropbox link let me know, there is no mediafire link at the moment for the 2.8 release so please bear with me.

The drop box link first post has been edited too: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftgid07th3jlb ... olored.zip
IMX

Post by IMX »

DUDE! :D You have no idea about how I've been waiting for an update of this! Seriously, what you've done with this project is outstanding.

Mind if I use these textures for a small, upcoming project of mine? You will receive full credits for this, of course.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

IMX you can use these textures for what ever project you wish, and thank you for using them i appreciate it. :D
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I'm noticing an Issue with the latest version, GZDoom nor Zandronum seem to want to load it... I have an error with the Blud and Rock889 textures (Bad frame or something along those lines) that's a shame I was making a really spiffy map and wanted to take some in game screen caps. D:
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

doomfiend wrote:I'm noticing an Issue with the latest version, GZDoom nor Zandronum seem to want to load it... I have an error with the Blud and Rock889 textures (Bad frame or something along those lines) that's a shame I was making a really spiffy map and wanted to take some in game screen caps. D:

i'm gonna check into this doomfiend cause there are different sizes that the software engines in some case don't like when i use different size textures, and which blud textures are we talking about cause i got a whole list of them in xwe just curious. :geek:

i brb i think i'm gonna have to recompile the whole wad again this is very weird that i ran into an error
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Thank you so much for looking into it. this is by far my favorite resource pack yet. in terms of texture selection!

Oh right, I promised you a screen shot of your textures in use...
Spoiler:
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

doomfiend i just ran a test and all I'm getting is a lot of texture errors and i think that xwe doesn't want to cooperate with me at the time right now and nice pic by the way even if it's a wip. I really need help with recompiling only the textures if anyone can help or volunteer I'm leaving the current contents in this link anyone can recompile it.

Link:( obsolete link removed)

I was wondering if anyone can teach me how to use slade since i think i won't be using xwe anymore after this project is fixed ?
Last edited by DefconRazor32 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

unfortunately I don't know how to use Slade either. I just tried making a pk3 out of these textures but no luck. since I don't know how to make a functioning pk3 structure...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Making a functioning PK3 structure is easy if you follow the rules on the Wiki. You don't even need Slade or any special tools of you don't want to. You could put everything in directories in Windows and then zip them up using Windows. I'm not saying that's the best way to go, but it is a way.

[wiki]Using_ZIPs_as_WAD_replacement[/wiki]
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Enjay i agree with you, i think I'll just use the structure of the pk3 as a place holder for now till i can fix things up which of course could take a long time due to my lack of timing and other real life stuff happening. I will take the time to start making the first place holder, the decorate code will be a little harder for me to start learning and the animated sprites too, so the first place holder won't have any animations for either textures so the sprites will be left out till i work out the whole pk3 structure.

Thanks for the advice by the way Enjay I appreciate it. :D I learn something new everyday .
DefconRazor32

Re: Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I'm posting that I'm officially calling this project unfinished. Unfortunately I'm unable to continue this project any further all attempts at converting compiling and all that stuff even many times of making a pk3 file have failed. I'm thinking over what my options are at the moment and it's best i just leave the resource behind as there is no way I'm gonna raw convert all 2000 textures. I enjoyed working on this project and enjoyed everyone's criticism and positive remarks i'm leaving all my updated stuff even my decorate raw data and open gl textures in this updated post I'll be removing the old link. Admin and mods are welcome to lock this thread if they see fit as i will be leaving this project behind and won't be updating anything else but this last post.

Link to the new filing resource anyone can use whatever is in the zip:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fc4jnp9n65x4 ... olders.zip
doomfiend

Re: Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Post by doomfiend »

DefconRazor32 wrote:I'm posting that I'm officially calling this project unfinished. Unfortunately I'm unable to continue this project any further all attempts at converting compiling and all that stuff even many times of making a pk3 file have failed. I'm thinking over what my options are at the moment and it's best i just leave the resource behind as there is no way I'm gonna raw convert all 2000 textures. I enjoyed working on this project and enjoyed everyone's criticism and positive remarks i'm leaving all my updated stuff even my decorate raw data and open gl textures in this updated post I'll be removing the old link. Admin and mods are welcome to lock this thread if they see fit as i will be leaving this project behind and won't be updating anything else but this last post.

Link to the new filing resource anyone can use whatever is in the zip:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fc4jnp9n65x4 ... olders.zip
:(

Return to “Resources”