[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xenaero

Post by Xenaero »

ellmo wrote:I want to build "Tower Of Babel" MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I got one of the best ideas/visions I ever had concerning Doom Editing.
No. I've been waiting to do something in E2 and E3 if we do a zdoom project for them. I GET THAT LEVEL :P
cyber-menace

Post by cyber-menace »

He may have called it first, but it is whoever claims it whenever its topic is made first.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Can we please stop arguing about who wants to do E2M8 if we do "The shores of ZDoom", please?
Risen

Post by Risen »

If you want to do it then go start the project. Tormentor said he won't be starting another one soon so it's up to someone else if that's what you want to do. Please leave this thread for KDIZD discussion.

Update:
- Implemented the GetLevelInfo system. Much thanks to Randy for this. Now I can actually collect the data I mentioned before. KDIZD will now require .93 or higher.
- Began writing the playerstats system. It can currently collect health gained, health lost, armor gained, armor lost, number of deaths (co-op). I plan on extending this further and possibly also supporting this on a per-level basis.
- Developed the interlacing effect. This may be revised later.
- Developed a screen border. Again, this may be revised later.
- Developed a scanning effect. Again, this may be revised later.
- Developed a HUD layering system for easier display of information.

Still much to go...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

By the way: We have still Week 1 right now yes?
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Risen wrote:If you want to do it then go start the project. Tormentor said he won't be starting another one soon so it's up to someone else if that's what you want to do.
Sure ain't me ;)
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Ditto.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@all - Stop that OffTopic stuff, this is the KDIZD thread, if you want to talk about another project, open a new thread!
Da_maniaC

Post by Da_maniaC »

TheDarkArchon wrote:Can we please stop arguing about who wants to do E2M8 if we do "The shores of ZDoom", please?
I agree.

You guys go finish this wad first... :P :P

Is there any progress in total already? :)

I really wonder when this will be released...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Da_maniac - Don't ask, read the 100 pages. If you are too lazy for that, wait for the final product.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Da_maniaC wrote:Is there any progress in total already? :)
What do ya mean? Any progress? Like 95% methinks. This project is really close :toohappy:
Da_maniaC

Post by Da_maniaC »

Well at least thas a better answer , then the ass above you gave me.

Cause i am following this topic for quite some time...

And with overall progress i meant, if things were all coming together, and how far that was as a whole (since a lot off ppl work seperatly on maps, and them send them to one and another, but only one person will compile the final product....)

But hey, he sure knows how to give the right publicity...

Forget I even mentioned it, sigh.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Da_maniac - That's it, I don't want to spread any publicity for the following reason: If someone else (except ZDoom.org'ers) will hear something about it, they can check the whole topic and find out almost everything which is just interesting as a real and amazing surprise, and that's why we don't need any publicity. After Doomworld's /newstuff and other page's reviews and also the News on several doom pages, we have enough publicity ;)
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

<offtopic>
That's the very same reason that I keep quiet about my project.
Now that I've revealed the fact that I'm working on a project, and it will kick more bottom than my previously released maps, is enough said already.
If it indeed rocks, I rock. If it sucks, I'll just have to try harder, right? ;)
</offtopic>

Now, did any e1m2'ers read my suggestions?
Especially, don't put enemies in secret areas...
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Da_maniaC wrote:Well at least thas a better answer , then the ass above you gave me.
Hey, Tormentor 667 is our leader here. You might reconsider calling someone an ass next time. I'm surprised he didn't flame or even scold you.

Return to “Levels”