DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: [WIP] DoomRL Arsenal - Beta 4

Post by Yholl »

SoloSpaghetti wrote:Tecnician doesn't start with his mod kit!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU knew I forgot something.
SoloSpaghetti wrote:I don't know if it's intended, but Nanofiber suit (found in the very first secret room :P ) armor parameter is blocked at 999% and does not decrease when I'm hit.
Ah, you're still using the standard Doom HUD. The fullscreen HUD actually displays information properly, that armor is indestructible.
SoloSpaghetti wrote:When your slots are full and you find a new weapon if you walk on it, you'll convert automatically it in ammo, and you'll not be able to pick it up unless you find another one...
That only happens with chaingun and below, and if you already have one of the same weapon. You won't ever convert an exotic, for instance, into ammo.
SoloSpaghetti wrote:Now I'll go to finish my sprites, and tomorrow I'll try it better. :)
Cool, look forward to it. :) I just found a Fireshield in my current playthrough.

EDIT: Apparently I wrote this up and didn't actually post it until now. How cunning of me.
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Ooh, I forgot to load the HUD.. with it everything is a lot better, you should start thinking to add it to the main wad!
Ah, I've finished playing E1 of Doom with the Arsenal. I've noticed that SSG doesn't have his sound... I thought a bit, then I realized, SSG uses his native sound, so in Doom 1 it must be mute...
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SoloSpaghetti wrote:I've noticed that SSG doesn't have his sound... I thought a bit, then I realized, SSG uses his native sound, so in Doom 1 it must be mute...
Mmm, yeah, exactly. I can fix that, though.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I finally downloaded this to try it out, and while the mod seems to work alright, upon startup, it spews out a MASSIVE amount of Decorate parsing errors. What's the deal?
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

wildweasel wrote:I finally downloaded this to try it out, and while the mod seems to work alright, upon startup, it spews out a MASSIVE amount of Decorate parsing errors. What's the deal?
IIRC Yholl tends to have the framework for upcoming items and whatnot ready but with nothing to fill it up just yet. GIven the complexity of the code, it makes sense, but does lead to error spew.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

wildweasel wrote:I finally downloaded this to try it out, and while the mod seems to work alright, upon startup, it spews out a MASSIVE amount of Decorate parsing errors. What's the deal?
No idea, it only started doing that majorly right before I finished Beta 4. I assume it's because of the structure of the Decorate files; It seems to be complaining that tons of stuff referenced in the original file doesn't exist yet. Even though it does shortly afterward. It's annoying. Works fine, it's just irritating that it suddenly lengthened the time it spews errors at me.
Triple S wrote:IIRC Yholl tends to have the framework for upcoming items and whatnot ready but with nothing to fill it up just yet. GIven the complexity of the code, it makes sense, but does lead to error spew.
The only thing there that is framework are the ones referencing the Napalm Launcher, or Tantrum Cannon, I believe. The rest is it being a load-order putz all of a sudden.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yholl wrote:No idea, it only started doing that majorly right before I finished Beta 4. I assume it's because of the structure of the Decorate files; It seems to be complaining that tons of stuff referenced in the original file doesn't exist yet. Even though it does shortly afterward. It's annoying. Works fine, it's just irritating that it suddenly lengthened the time it spews errors at me.
If you're using a lot of #includes, make sure they're in the right order as far as inheritance goes.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

As another item pickup, maybe make it so you can find item recipes of some sort? Like you open a chest and get 2 guns and an item recipe for future reference, as a way of helping the player out in-game.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

wildweasel wrote:
Yholl wrote:No idea, it only started doing that majorly right before I finished Beta 4. I assume it's because of the structure of the Decorate files; It seems to be complaining that tons of stuff referenced in the original file doesn't exist yet. Even though it does shortly afterward. It's annoying. Works fine, it's just irritating that it suddenly lengthened the time it spews errors at me.
If you're using a lot of #includes, make sure they're in the right order as far as inheritance goes.
I've killed a small amount that were from misnamed actors, but most of these should be gone by Beta 5, where the things they're referencing should actually exist.
-Ghost- wrote:As another item pickup, maybe make it so you can find item recipes of some sort? Like you open a chest and get 2 guns and an item recipe for future reference, as a way of helping the player out in-game.
You are in luck, that already exists! Pickup a computer map and it will print a random assembly combination. In Beta 5, Tracking Maps will print a random assembly available to your current weapon.
Gouanaco

Post by Gouanaco »

Awesome! Im downloading this now :D.

Ive been waiting for this for along time XD

:3
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I'm going to try this when I get home today, looks too awesome. One suggestion though; do you think you could remove the weapon sprite of the currently selected weapon from the bottom right corner considering you have one at the top center of the screen?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Lava Grunt wrote:I'm going to try this when I get home today, looks too awesome. One suggestion though; do you think you could remove the weapon sprite of the currently selected weapon from the bottom right corner considering you have one at the top center of the screen?
Yeah, I will do that eventually. I'd like to get a little icon there that denotes what type of weapon it is; i.e. pistol, rapidfire weapon, shotgun etc. When I get those, I'll switch all the gun icons next to the magazine to these new icons.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yholl wrote: You are in luck, that already exists! Pickup a computer map and it will print a random assembly combination. In Beta 5, Tracking Maps will print a random assembly available to your current weapon.
Oh, okay, cool. The only other thing I can think of is to possibly increase the amount of loot chests or something, so you can feel more like you're getting loot in levels instead of mostly dealing with dropped weapons.
Vict

Post by Vict »

Hm, I found a bug.
I cannot assemble the Heavy Shotgun. It asks me if I want to but when I press fire to confirm the shotgun I'm holding just fires instead.

EDIT: Nevermind, was fixed in the hotfix.

Here's one that still exists though:
Weapons that have a "Hum" like the Railgun or the Nuclear BFG have the sound persist after breaking the weapon down for a mod pack.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Vict wrote:Here's one that still exists though:
Weapons that have a "Hum" like the Railgun or the Nuclear BFG have the sound persist after breaking the weapon down for a mod pack.
Fixed in a flash, thanks. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”