doom extended edition

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT Q&A or troubleshooting forums! They are for active projects only! Please use the Editing or General or its subforums for such questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

doom extended edition

Postby conan6100 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:51 pm

ok so i started this new wad is a remake of doom 1 (i know real original) im trying to cram in as many custom textures as possible i already downloaded like 2000+ from realm667 but its missing some of the key ones i want like desks beds alot of sines doom 3ish tipe shit if there are any you have that you never posted or know of a good website please let me know

this wads based off brutalized doom a hardcore remake of doom
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32929

im looking for people who are good at making custom textures and sprites to help me out
conan6100
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2013

Re: doom extended edition

Postby wildweasel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:08 am

Do you have screenshots of your project?
User avatar
wildweasel
May or may not have a pumpernickel addiction
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: avatar by kurashiki

Re: doom extended edition

Postby 0bsidian » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:29 am

conan6100 wrote:ok so i started this new wad is a remake of doom 1 (i know real original) im trying to cram in as many custom textures as possible i already downloaded like 2000+ from realm667


:shock:

Let me give you a tip: less is more. For people like me with subpar internet connections, it's a pain to download a wad with 500 textures that only uses 20 of them. It happens a lot more than you'd think. Also, this thread might have some textures you could use. Just make sure you credit the artist. :wink:
User avatar
0bsidian
Smiling fatly.
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Location: Nw Zld

Re: doom extended edition

Postby Marnetmar » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:53 am

wildweasel wrote:Do you have screenshots of your project?
User avatar
Marnetmar
Grasshopper!
 
Joined: 23 Aug 2011

Re: doom extended edition

Postby TheMistress » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:44 am

Marnetmar wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Do you have screenshots of your project?

Cut him a little bit of slack atleast :p Also conan they are right though, post atleast 1 screenshot of a map you've worked on so far for this project, otherwise ask WildWeasel to close the thread so that no drama stirs up :wink: .
User avatar
TheMistress
These cute eyes may be the last ones you'll ever see.
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2010

Re: doom extended edition

Postby conan6100 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:44 pm

here are some much needed photos
Last edited by conan6100 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conan6100
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2013

Re: doom extended edition

Postby conan6100 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:49 pm

0bsidian wrote:
conan6100 wrote:ok so i started this new wad is a remake of doom 1 (i know real original) im trying to cram in as many custom textures as possible i already downloaded like 2000+ from realm667


:shock:

Let me give you a tip: less is more. For people like me with subpar internet connections, it's a pain to download a wad with 500 textures that only uses 20 of them. It happens a lot more than you'd think. Also, this thread might have some textures you could use. Just make sure you credit the artist. :wink:

i already took almost all the textures from that thread :P but thankyou
conan6100
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2013

Re: doom extended edition

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Looks nice!
Also, for the Youtube tags, use only the X5s6pu0t6kc part in the tags.
User avatar
TheMightyHeracross
What's THIS for...!
 
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716

Re: doom extended edition

Postby conan6100 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:57 pm

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Looks nice!
Also, for the Youtube tags, use only the X5s6pu0t6kc part in the tags.

thankyou im vary new to forums of anykind
conan6100
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2013

Re: doom extended edition

Postby Hellser » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:20 pm

Would it be possible to get some screenshots that doesn't use Brutal Doom? Understandably, using your favorite mod is alright. But some of us would like to play this with other mods. Like Polished Skull, WW's Nazis or even GSA - and having BD on there would drive away some potential player base who could be beneficial to helping you out. Better yet, why not just use Vanilla? Universal for everyone! :D

Otherwise, I actually like the idea you're doing. Are you going to be doing any other episode - 2, 3 and 4?
User avatar
Hellser
Remember Citadel
 
Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Location: Citadel Station
Discord: Hellser#8156

Re: doom extended edition

Postby 0bsidian » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:10 am

I'm going to get behind Hellser on the vanilla compatibility: as well as being compatible with pretty much everything, it also allows you to focus on the core aspects of mapping without the numerous twiddly bits that source ports add on. Personally I'd recommend starting off with vanilla and working your way up the source port ladder: it's worked for a lot of people. ;)
User avatar
0bsidian
Smiling fatly.
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Location: Nw Zld

Re: doom extended edition

Postby conan6100 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:15 am

Hellser wrote:Would it be possible to get some screenshots that doesn't use Brutal Doom? Understandably, using your favorite mod is alright. But some of us would like to play this with other mods. Like Polished Skull, WW's Nazis or even GSA - and having BD on there would drive away some potential player base who could be beneficial to helping you out. Better yet, why not just use Vanilla? Universal for everyone! :D

Otherwise, I actually like the idea you're doing. Are you going to be doing any other episode - 2, 3 and 4?

yes i want to do doom 1 and 2 but its taking a really long time for even one episode il make a vanilla video soon
conan6100
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2013

Re: doom extended edition

Postby Hellser » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Cool, thanks man. I'll be looking forward to those screenshots. You got something nifty going on here.
User avatar
Hellser
Remember Citadel
 
Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Location: Citadel Station
Discord: Hellser#8156

Re: doom extended edition

Postby LegendaryFalco » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:19 pm

any progress? saw this in mr chris' thread
LegendaryFalco
 
Joined: 01 Jul 2013

Re: doom extended edition

Postby conan6100 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:06 pm

LegendaryFalco wrote:any progress? saw this in mr chris' thread

i have e1m1 done but school is slowing me way down one day it ill be done...
conan6100
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2013

Next

Return to Levels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests