[Project, Resources] Diopticum

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Diodeus

Alien Cabal

Post by Diodeus »

New rip: Alien Cabal - Sprites, Textures, Sounds.

Enjay

Re: [Project, Resources] Diopticum (Upd:30/10)

Post by Enjay »

You know, if nothing else, I'm finding this thread interesting for the fact that it keeps showing me resources from games that I didn't even know existed. It's a real education. Thanks and keep 'em coming. :D
jet_nick

Post by jet_nick »

awesome , can you extract sprites from cybermage or duke nukem 3d mobile ?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

holy crap, such an outrageous rare found!...:?
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

Alien Cabal? oh you remind me name of that game that i played in childhood and lost it, i think before i never find it =0
Diodeus

Post by Diodeus »

Enjay wrote:You know, if nothing else, I'm finding this thread interesting for the fact that it keeps showing me resources from games that I didn't even know existed. It's a real education. Thanks and keep 'em coming. :D
You are welcome! And I'm glad that you're looking at it from this perspective. :)
jet_nick wrote:awesome , can you extract sprites from cybermage or duke nukem 3d mobile ?
From Cybermage I can rip only textures, power-ups and HUD weapons. Did not look at resources of Duke 3D Mobile.
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

Well Diodeus thank you for rips, also accept my help/contribute =)

http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com/temp/TNPRIP.zip

I trying myself also on these resources, i have found some differences:

The demo version of Take no Prisoners has some textures in uncompressed format while full version game has same textures but compressed.
So it might be helpful to know what to hunter/except from compression.
Maybe some one can help you to understand this compression method like Developers of slade3 (ShadowCaster, CyClones, Heretic, HeXen, HeXen II, Heretic II)
The DEMO versions of all games mentioned above has different's on some resources.
These all games supported and all developed by Raven Software, with Slade3 you can rip any resources you want.

Or maybe someone from Necrodome WIP http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=16696 (also i have found that XWE can rip most rsources from Necrodome including original filenames)

MageSlayer:

http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com/temp/MageSlayerRIP.zip

(Several textures has palette mis-match, but most of them ok)

With Black Crypt, i am use WinUAE, load level and do save state using uncompressed format of save states.
than i am open savestate with GFXRIP (look at read me), there is no luck with palette, i am done most of colors by hand, copy - paste color from emulator to image,
if i recall corectly the file p.bmp has complete palette, if no i will look on my HD for full, i think i have it somewhere.

http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com/temp/GfxRip108.7z (with some attempts at black crypt)

The game files itself is in some weird format:
They named:
bcdfa - bcdfz, its resource files, no file table inside, textures is bitplanes uncomressed, sprites is bitplanes compressed. So use emulator and uncompressed savestates is best apporoach but i need to pass all game to collect all resources, and game is very hard for me =(

They all 6 bit planes, and you need to search where is image in 1bit then after you found and sure what is it, switch to 6bit.
If so? Feel free ask queston =) and i think i need to demonstrate it some how.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

Could you please upload them to Mediafire? Everytime I try to download any of these files it stops at the middle of the download
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

welp, those files got downloaded perfectly in my computer that using a firefox either explorer. also, these's a losta choice to release those files at link hosting site. such as 4sheard and more of 'em for example.
Diodeus

Post by Diodeus »

RaVeN-05 wrote:Well Diodeus thank you for rips, also accept my help/contribute =)
Thanks you, comrade! It was a good idea to look into TnP demo. In first post updated TnP textures and add Mageslayer textures rip. I known about WinUAE and save state ripping, but it so time consuming and in most cases you can't rip all gfx by this metod.

Small addon - sprites from TnP. It's all sprites that I managed to rip.

PS. Also, I almost sure I have full Necrodome rip (without original filenames). What resources do you miss?
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

Ok, i am look at Necrodome and say to you.

I am found that some TNP textures is compressed by RLE codec.
i am decoded default.tex file that compressed with RLE but other textures is still has some problems when trying to decode it with same method
they has 25 bytes header, shift from start to 6 byte gives us short value of width, to 8 gives height
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Have you tried ripping DeathKeep on 3DO? Afaik, it's the sequel to Slayer, so maybe it uses a similar image format.
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

I am able to encode some more textures but its still buggy, sometine one set of textures work after i change something in code its start work for another while for first not.
I am not experienced programmer so code is ugly XD.

http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com/temp/tnp_tex.7z
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

For this time:
MageSlayer Demo: some sprites
http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com/temp/ma ... prites.zip

Take no Prisoners Demo: all sprites (they all uncompressed )
http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com/temp/TNPDEMOSPRITES.7z

Return to “Resources”