[Request] DoomRL Arsenal Contribution Thread

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

[Request] DoomRL Arsenal Contribution Thread

Post by Yholl »

I figure I'm probably going to be using this thread quite a bit, so I figured I'd just make it a general thread, rather than a simple armor request.

A thread for the advancement of DoomRL Arsenal to a proper release.
All work created by SoloSpaghetti in this thread may not be used in other projects unless DoomRL Arsenal is no longer worked on, or if SoloSpaghetti's permission is given. If you use them without permission, he will be cranky. And if he's cranky, I'm cranky. So yeah, PM him first.

08/12/13 - Updated main post with info about SoloSpaghetti's work. Also, Beta 5 is rapidly approaching being finished with a butt-ton of new stuff.

ALL BOOTS COMPLETE

Phaseshift Boots - Part of the Phaseshift set, I'm quite interested to see what you do here, considering how cool and unique you made the Phaseshift armor.
Cerberus Boots - Paired up with the Cerberus armor, maybe have a set of three vertical red lights on it?
Gothic Boots - Big clunky medieval boots to go with the Gothic armor.
Nyarlaptotep's Boots - Part of a set with Malek's armor, which gives you immunity to fire. Yes, it's that ridiculous.
Tactical Boots - Goes with the Tactical armor. Doesn't need to be fancy, just matches the color.
Acid-proof Boots - Techy boots with green lights built into the front upper section, or something.
Antigrav Boots - Techy boots with some sort of hovering mechanism on the bottom.
Grappling Boots - Some sort of clamp or grappler attachment on the boot to attac yourself to the floor to prevent knockback.
Lava Boots - Goes with the Lava armor. I'll probably make a nice set bonus for wearing both parts.
Fireproof Boots - Probably make this in the same style as the Fireproof Armor, the dark grey with a colored rim.
Enviroboots - I don't know. A much bulkier version of the Enviromental Boots, maybe? These things are the bees knees, though.
Environmental Boots - Not sure really. It's really resistant to floor damage.
Steel Boots - Basically, edit the Duke3D boots or something to look like the boots that the marine sprite has.
Protective Boots - A more armored looking boot, with a green colored rim.
Plasteel Boots - Same as the Protective Boots, but a blue rim this time.

ALL ARMORS COMPLETE

Ballistic Shield - Has energy projectors worn over the torso just like the Fireshield, but the only actual armor parts are dark grey shoulder pads.
Energy Shield - Just energy projectors without any armor. Maybe connect them with a metal harness that is worn over the torso.
Plasma Shield - Like the Energy Shield, but the energy projectors are all blue.
Shielded Armor - Heavy blue armor with energy projectors on it like the other Shield armors.
Cerberus Armor - Some seriously high-tech armor, possibly with three blinking lights on it. Comes in the three main colors. It's gotta have the three lights, this armor'll be doing cool things in groups of three...
Bullet-Proof Vest - Perhaps a dark grey vest that doesn't follow the contours of the body like normal armor.
Energy-Shielded Vest - Combination of green armor without shoulderpads as well as smaller or less energy projectors.
Fireshield - Big red armor with some sort of energy projectors on the front and sides, like a tech harness worn over the armor.
Onyx Armor - Almost pitch black armor, so it can still have shading.
Power Armor - The style of it is awesome, I'm just hoping for maybe a little panel on the torso or something, little lights in it, maybe some wires extending from it.
Fireproof Armor - The armor in SoloSpaghetti's first post. I was hoping to get the yellow trim sections in the green, blue and red colors, perhaps. Or, if that looks bad, some other part of the armor recolored to those colors. Also, the non-orange suited version below it could be made into Ballistic Armor if the yellow was likewise recolored to the three RGB variants.
Phaseshift Armor - A bronzey yellow/brown combination, with a little bit of tech on it. I think the Doom pallete can have such a thing without it looking like arse, otherwise do whatever looks cool and phasey.
Nanofiber Armor - Perhaps a kind of dark weave pattern on the surface of the armor. Comes in the three main colors.
Ballistic Vest - Dark grey armor without shoulderpads, perhaps?
Cybernetic Armor - Super high-tech armor that looks like it integrates with you when worn. Maybe has eye implants at head level and stuff.
Ballistic Armor - The main torso section could be recoloured black, with the shoulders in the three main armor colours, green, blue and red.
Cybernano Armor - Also super high-tech, possibly with more underlying structure to the armor (i.e., arm and neck areas, as this armor cannot be unequipped.) Comes in the three main colors.
Necro Armor - Not sure really... It drains your health to repair it, so something evil looking I guess.
Lava Armor - Bright orangey yellow with subtle similarities to the Doom lava texture overlayed onto it.
Malek's Armor - I don't know... Dark green with a commando bandolier and a cape behind it.
Medical Powerarmor - Like the Power Armor, but white with a red cross on it.
Gothic Armor - Iron spiky armor, I guess?
Medical Armor - White armor with a red cross, perhaps a little bit of tech.
Duelist Armor - I have no idea, honestly. Some sort of armor worn in old pistol duels?
Nanofiber Skin Armor - A combination of the Nanofiber Armors with perhaps bits of the Radsuit with the weave pattern perhaps? It's similar to the Cybernano in that it cannot be unequipped. Comes in the three main colors.
Tactical Armor - Perhaps armor similar to that worn by Commandos, but a dark grey instead of red.

Any contributions to DoomRL Arsenal will be credited and loved accordingly.
Pictures of testing in progress, for those interested. Thanks to Xaser for pointing out a cool way of showing images.

ImageImage

Link to the list of armor and all of their stats. Armor List
Last edited by Yholl on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:39 am, edited 11 times in total.
Reactor

Re: [Request] A lot of simple armor edits

Post by Reactor »

Uhh...gee, Yholl, you certainly know how to write nice shopping lists!

Well anywayz, I'll try and churn out somethin' for ya, just gimme a few dayz and I'm sure I can pump out a few armor stuff. I'll try to remain paletted, although I can't guarantee it.
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

33bis.png
33bis.png (1.92 KiB) Viewed 7085 times
FP.png
FP.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 7085 times
Some horrible frankensprite for pyroarmor... Hope they can inspire someone.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SoloSpaghetti wrote:
33bis.png
FP.png
Some horrible frankensprite for pyroarmor... Hope they can inspire someone.
If by horrible, you mean utterly amazing, then yes, it's quite horrible. Seriously, this is freaking amazing, way more than I was expecting in terms of effort. Thank you very much!
Reactor wrote:Uhh...gee, Yholl, you certainly know how to write nice shopping lists!

Well anywayz, I'll try and churn out somethin' for ya, just gimme a few dayz and I'm sure I can pump out a few armor stuff. I'll try to remain paletted, although I can't guarantee it.
Hahaha, yeah, those are almost all of the armors from DoomRL right there. I'm super-grateful for your assistance, I'm currently knee deep in the code, as it were, and it's gonna take me quite a while to get all these systems worked out, so it's really helpful to have other people make all the pretty bits while I get the backend stuff done.
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Yholl wrote: If by horrible, you mean utterly amazing, then yes, it's quite horrible. Seriously, this is freaking amazing, way more than I was expecting in terms of effort. Thank you very much!
You make me blush! :) I've got some other (cool? :P ) ideas, as soon as I have the time to make them I'll post them!

EDIT: maybe I'm exaggerating. :)
Blink2.png
Blink2.png (3.39 KiB) Viewed 7053 times
Blink1.png
Blink1.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 7053 times
EDIT EDIT: Gothic one.. enough for today, I promise.
Light Metal.png
Light Metal.png (2.48 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Two Version of Medical Armor.
RedCross.png
RedCross.png (977 Bytes) Viewed 7044 times
RedCross2.png
RedCross2.png (942 Bytes) Viewed 7044 times
And another version of Gothic Armor inspired by Dark Souls.
Light Metal 2.png
Light Metal 2.png (2.59 KiB) Viewed 7044 times
(I can't stop anymore! :P Now I'm working on Duelist Armor!)
IMX

Post by IMX »

SoloSpaghetti wrote: EDIT: maybe I'm exaggerating. :)
Blink2.png
Blink1.png
Fucking ace!

Okay, so let me get this clear, you shrinked the caco spikes and adapted them as shoulder pads, recolored the regular armor sprite to match the pinky demon palette, added that one eye texture on the front side and...what else you added?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SoloSpaghetti wrote:(I can't stop anymore! :P Now I'm working on Duelist Armor!)
What have I unleashed on the world? An unholy armor-making doomsday engine, or something. These are just... I have no words to describe just how awesome they are. I think I'll go prepare these armors at the request of Lord Seath for looking nice and pretty ingame. Keep up the great work!
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

IMX wrote: Fucking ace!

Okay, so let me get this clear, you shrinked the caco spikes and adapted them as shoulder pads, recolored the regular armor sprite to match the pinky demon palette, added that one eye texture on the front side and...what else you added?
Baron torso + scaled down guts wall-texture for the addominal zone + scaled down Caco spikes + hell's switch eye. :) I know, I know... I'm quite a manierist guy. :P

Yholl, I got a question... what should duelist armor do?
EDIT: because I was thinking to something like these. :)
gilet2.png
gilet2.png (1.03 KiB) Viewed 6964 times
Gilet.png
Gilet.png (841 Bytes) Viewed 6964 times
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

mah.png
mah.png (2.41 KiB) Viewed 6953 times
Nanofiber Skin Armor, but I'm not too conviced...
Tactical Armor.png
Tactical Armor.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 6953 times
And my version of Tatctical Armor.

Enough for today... See you soon! :D
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Here they are. They are armors, armor shards (one from Doom3) and energy shield generátors. Hope y'can find'em useful.
Attachments
Armors and shields
Armors and shields
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

So... I was boring...
PowerArmor.png
PowerArmor.png (1.55 KiB) Viewed 6921 times
MedPowerArmor1.png
MedPowerArmor1.png (1.38 KiB) Viewed 6921 times
MedPowerArmor2.png
MedPowerArmor2.png (1.36 KiB) Viewed 6921 times
(maybe I have to fix those stomach muscles, let me know :) )
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

Oh man your job is awesome i like that flesh armor and the last you have doing are really cool.
¡Congrats! i really like it.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SoloSpaghetti wrote:So... I was boring...
PowerArmor.png
MedPowerArmor1.png
MedPowerArmor2.png
(maybe I have to fix those stomach muscles, let me know :) )
Niiiiiice!
Reactor wrote:Here they are. They are armors, armor shards (one from Doom3) and energy shield generátors. Hope y'can find'em useful.
Maybe. Some parts of those could be shrunk down and edited slightly to frankensprite with some armors. Hmmm, that nuclear armor gives me an idea...
Thanks!
SoloSpaghetti wrote:
mah.png
Nanofiber Skin Armor, but I'm not too conviced...
Tactical Armor.png
And my version of Tatctical Armor.

Enough for today... See you soon! :D
Wow, these are just perfect. I dub thee armorlord.
SoloSpaghetti wrote:Yholl, I got a question... what should duelist armor do?
EDIT: because I was thinking to something like these. :)
gilet2.png
Gilet.png
The Duelist Armor gives 50% melee, 50% bullet, 50% shrapnel damage reduction. In DoomRL Arsenal, Bullet and Shrapnel are the same thing. I'll update the main post with a link to the armor wiki so you can see the stats of any armor there to help visualize them.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I suspected they'll be too big for ya...

Can you tell me the size? If y'do, I'll shrink'em down to the appropiate size that is.

Return to “Requests”