[WIP] The Trailblazer

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: [WIP] The Trailblazer

Post by Matt »

DoomNukem wrote:A sentient A.I. Fridge that went rogue hell bent on freezing the planet or something like that. but yeah I think i've Over-explained it and confused myself, I just wanted to do something corny for my class, and thought it would tie in well with the mod to boost motivation.
Meh, deadlines are understandable, my critiques are in anticipation of the final product. :)
vlad tie the wife to a chair and dangle a fridge on a rope above her and vlad could shoot trailblazer in the eye, trailblazer shoots back but the bullet hits the rope releasing the fridge squashing her.
DO IT

EDIT because it's a bit OT for its own post here: or possibly this
Last edited by Matt on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

it sure intense stories going on here among with deadly killing fridge. :P
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

It feels like The Trailblazer will be out soon, and with that so will the inevitable fridge add-ons for it. This gon' be gud.
rosfell

Post by rosfell »

It might be a little late but this was my reaction to the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBKyTfCjCc

Cool job guys, I hope i can play this one soon...
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

rosfell wrote:It might be a little late but this was my reaction to the trailer:

Thanks for crumbling my hopes of a beta release. :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i really have no idea why peoples are now bumping on a old threads with surprises these days, even it's included something about thread's topic, it's just an forum weaponries or one-lined compliments. not a useful suggestions or critics.

anyway let us lurk more on oldest bumped thread until author bumps with good or bad news, everyone.

EDIT: oops, fixed up easily.
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Captain J wrote:...it's just an forum weaponries or one-lined compliments. not a glitch reports or useful suggestions or critics...
Well, it would be pretty hard to do a glitch report for a yet unreleased mod, don't You think?
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

Ribo Zurai wrote:
rosfell wrote:It might be a little late but this was my reaction to the trailer:

Thanks for crumbling my hopes of a beta release. :D
There's an ooold alpha floating around somewhere, not really functional but.

In any and all cases I have definitely NOT ceased development on this, it was merely put on hold while I was on a holiday in china, and when I got back I severely lacked motivation, there Is quite a bit to fix with the mod, mostly just duplicated functions when it comes to guns, there's quite a few weapons that all essentially do the same thing, some that are just plain redundant so pillow and I have to come up with a solution for that as I am no gameplay expert. So between temporary unemployment and just graduating I have found time to get back to work, I'm just finishing up some things for AtM and Pillow's GunCaster then I will be back to work full speed on this.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

finally, a good bump with some good news. and god speed, doomnukem. we're waiting for this moment for whole time too.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

I'm psyched...
rosfell

Post by rosfell »

It's nice to see that you're still working on this Nukem... And sorry for breaking your illusions Ribo it's just that i got too excited with the trailer because I love this kind of stuff...

Also if you and pillowblaster wish i can be a beta tester to see how the gameplay works...
{=_=}

Post by {=_=} »

Glad to see this is still in the works. Good luck with its continued developemnt.
jeans477

Post by jeans477 »

Awesome mod, any way to "tone down" the gun barrel smoke? I find there is so much smoke made by some guns it gets hard to see anything.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I actually made something like that recently, though it hasn't yet been implemented in an official download patch just yet! Try loading this after Trailblazer in your load order for now, and check the Blaze-It Options afterward. Invalidates savegames, so you'll have to start over. Also doesn't do anything about explosion smoke just yet, in case that's an issue.

Also, this is the official release thread. You should probably post there if you'd like your post not to potentially get lost in the future.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”