[1.9a] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 | Updated Credits.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Release] Insanity's Requiem

Post by wildweasel »

Hornetzero wrote:mutha***fucker.
With all due respect, sir, it defeats the point of self-censoring your swears if you fail to actually censor any of them. =P
justin_see

Post by justin_see »

Where is the curse? (smeg?)
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Yeah I'll see if I can't make sense of why his damage radius of 20 is being a one shot kill... When on my end it takes a good 3 hits to kill me ill drop his HP as well I mean 30,000 may be just a wee bit on the excessive side

Also, Weasel, I've added an LCD onto the leadspitter sprite it's just in front of that power cable on the sprite due to the HUD though you really can't see the damn thing if you still want it to have a hand ill try and slap a foregrip on it too...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

TiberiumSoul wrote:Also, Weasel, I've added an LCD onto the leadspitter sprite it's just in front of that power cable on the sprite due to the HUD though you really can't see the damn thing if you still want it to have a hand ill try and slap a foregrip on it too...
Bear in mind I wasn't making specific demands for you to add to the weapon; mostly, I just wanted to encourage you to be creative and make some attempt to differentiate yours from the source.
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Oh... Ok heh, but still what do you think of the new muzzle flash I put on it compared to the original one keep in mind I did that so that it would match with the other guns...

Also I can't find any decent foregrip sprites so that's out. I'll see if I can't slap a hand on it too.

I'm keeping the original color scheme as well because I want to stick close to the original...
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

A couple of things of note:

*You took most of your weapon names from Project MSX (the Raptor shotguns, Barracuda assault weapons, Golam .50 cal assault pistol, Orion sniper weapon).
*All of your weapons use the same muzzle flare, and it looks terrible.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

TheRailgunner wrote:A couple of things of note:

*You took most of your weapon names from Project MSX (the Raptor shotguns, Barracuda assault weapons, Golam .50 cal assault pistol, Orion sniper weapon).
*All of your weapons use the same muzzle flare, and it looks terrible.
Not only that. I just gaved it a spin, and the effects look like they were straightly ripped off from there. Not that it's a problem if you got the permission, after all.

And just for your information, as I don't know how you got them - KeksDose doesn't want his torches to be used in any instance without his permission first. You might want to ask him now, but since you already got them inside the mod... I don't think you can count on anything. I'd suggest removing them immediately, unless you want to face the consequences.
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

I gave credit to MagSigmaX the names of the weapons, the effects , the ammo pickups and everything else I made use of.

As for the torches... Shit those were his!? Ill be tracking him down to ask cause I make use of his cyan fire for an attack for the I9PA Shrapnel Cannon...
TiberiumSoul

[Release] Insanity's Requiem V1.7 coming "soonish"

Post by TiberiumSoul »

I know what you're thinking. "Why the hell is he still trying?" Thing is, I'm a stubborn motherfucker I don't give up that easily. But on the other hand I have several projects now that I'm trying to finish off:

Back on topic now, I'll get V1.7 up within the next couple of days. Till then, have a changelog:

Changed weapon names around from MSX to Borderlands (I'm so fucking original)
Plasma rifle is no longer hitscan and it can overheat which means watch your heat meter
And that's only a couple of the changes made

Also pillowblaster with your permission I'd like to use the shields from RO so that I can have armor placements that can build up to the soulsphere's 5k armor and health
Crudux Cruo

Re: [Release] Insanity's Requiem V1.65 Is up!

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Random and Unbalanced, but the animations are smooth. some GFX left to do here and there as well.
TiberiumSoul

Re: [Release] Insanity's Requiem V1.7 coming "soonish"

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Unbalanced? your sure you weren't playing on Skill 5 or 6?

And yes it is random the spawners make it so that no two playthroughs are the exact same...

also the powerups do make it unbalanced but at the same time they almost never spawn the good ones IE Berserk, SoulSphere and MegaSphere,
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Ladies and Gentlepeople, 1.7 has arrived

here ya go everyone: http://www.mediafire.com/?gwg1dvj477d3wki | Insanity's Requiem Beta 1.7
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Are you gonna add BFG weapons later?
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

I'm thinking of adding a big alt fire to the plasma gun which consists of a charged shot of plasma ie blue cyberdemon powerbolt that causes an instant overheat after firing

This aside what do you think so far?
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

I don't see why some people are being so brutal against this mod, I mean let's be honest guys he is actually trying to make something nice, and in THE RIGHT WAY this time, you should pay attention to how hard he is trying to make this mod good for all of you, he's listing up all of your critic and stuff probably, so instead of the Mutha something smeg head comment, you could be a little nicer.

Now on to topic, I love what I've seen in the video so far, but I haven't yet had the time to play it, but I will soon so I'll let you know how it plays in my own opinion :) Good luck with your mod ;) !!

EDIT: Is this Zandronum compatible?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”