[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JohnBVertigo

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate

Post by JohnBVertigo »

Ral22 wrote:If I can stream intense combos like the ones shown in the teaser, I don't care if I play as a man, woman, dragon, or inter-dimensional demon. The game looks fantastic and I look forward to a release.

THIS!~~
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

if i could be a tree, and pull off ridiculous, free-hand combos all by myself, i'd be one badass tree.

but i guess being a space pirate is equally as badass.
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if i could be a tree, and pull off ridiculous, free-hand combos all by myself, i'd be one badass tree.

You mean something like a two foot kick? :D
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Marty Kirra wrote:Probably not. In a quick non-poll, does not being able to play as a male protagonist put you off from playing this? I'm not asking to be rude, I'm genuinely curious. :P
If my experience with Cyberrunner is any indication, you will receive a lot of depressing answers.
...but not in public. :p
JohnBVertigo

Post by JohnBVertigo »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if i could be a tree, and pull off ridiculous, free-hand combos all by myself, i'd be one badass tree.

• With the previous work of Blue Vertigo being Trees The idea of Trees characters is always an option, but nothing is being said about other characters besides the main protagonist Mel!

thonglover
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by thonglover »

What will the game be like? Run and gun, A bunch of guns?
Will there be new functions in game? (leveling up, modding your fire arms for more damage? Ex toxic rounds, silencer)
Will the doom monsters be replaced or remain normal?
(And i'm gonna be real i'm looking forward to this mod)
P.S Sorry for asking so many questions!
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

In order...
  • Run and gun, I suppose, though melee combat is heavily emphasized.
  • There won't be any new functions besides reloading or anything of that nature, though I have some exciting stuff planned!
  • They will be replaced! I might talk about that later. :)
No problemo asking questions, I enjoy answering them! Thank you for your interest!

Now introducing the latest weapon to your arsenal...
Spoiler:
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Ral22 wrote:If I can stream intense combos like the ones shown in the teaser, I don't care if I play as a man, woman, dragon, or inter-dimensional demon. The game looks fantastic and I look forward to a release.
Playing as a dude gets a little dull after awhile. HAVE YOU HEARD OF THAT ONE GAME WHERE YOU PLAY AS SPACE MARINE DUDE?
Marty Kirra wrote:In order...
  • Run and gun, I suppose, though melee combat is heavily emphasized.
  • There won't be any new functions besides reloading or anything of that nature, though I have some exciting stuff planned!
  • They will be replaced! I might talk about that later. :)
No problemo asking questions, I enjoy answering them! Thank you for your interest!

Now introducing the latest weapon to your arsenal...
Spoiler:
Oh god all my want. I really look forward to this.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (Weapon Reveal!: Page 2)

Post by chronoteeth »

Theres an over abundance of RE references in this hahaha
Cardboard Marty

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (Weapon Reveal!: Page 2)

You gotta love it! If you check the first post, I've added a couple things, such as a list of revealed weapons, and also a list of known combos! All of these combos listed on the first page were shown in the trailer, but there's a ton more (okay, maybe not that many) to be discovered. Check it out!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Yutrzenika wrote:Playing as a dude gets a little dull after awhile. HAVE YOU HEARD OF THAT ONE GAME WHERE YOU PLAY AS SPACE MARINE DUDE?
Oh, yeah, that was that game from ages ago... can't remember what it was called ...

... anyone?
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

scalliano wrote:
Yutrzenika wrote:Playing as a dude gets a little dull after awhile. HAVE YOU HEARD OF THAT ONE GAME WHERE YOU PLAY AS SPACE MARINE DUDE?
Oh, yeah, that was that game from ages ago... can't remember what it was called ...

... anyone?
Um I think it's called Parathom, maybe Mood, or something. Nobody plays that old game anyways.

-Edit- Did some research, it's called Marathon!

Anyways, mod looks great.
Cardboard Marty

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (The Delay! But Of Course!) (Page

Hey guys!

I'm busy working on the Space Pirate as usual, but as the deadline approaches for Open Beta, I have found an increasingly large number of bugs I need to squash. I haven't had time lately to really dive into playtesting and such, so I'm delaying the Open Beta for just another week (September 7th) to give me some time to present something I'm proud of. In all honestly, it'll probably be released before that date, but I wanted to give myself some breathing room. Here's a list of changes you can expect in the beta from what I've revealed (based on YOUR feedback)!

Changes
  • Zeke no longer has a "super accurate" alternate fire, instead it now has the ability to load four different kinds of ammo (Normal Buckshot, Electrified, Poison, and Hellfire).
  • AB-50 has a typical "spray and pray" primary fire, but now has an alternate fire based on the movie Equilibrium. Gun Kata for the win!
See you guys in a week (hopefully less!)
Pisstepank

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (The Delay! But Of Course!) (Page

Post by Pisstepank »

I'm gonna love the AB50's alternate fire!
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Marty Kirra wrote:
Spoiler:
You might want to try using RotSprite on the flash. To me, the angles of the flash and the gun create the illusion that it's firing to the side.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”