RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
osjclatchford

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 2.0)

Post by osjclatchford »

StarController wrote:I notice, in the high-res module , how many wall textures and objects are missing from the mac art. Has anyone attempted to draw new ones to fill in the gaps?
just downloaded the highres pack and man was I In awe then a friend of mine pointed out that textures on-par/just under doom graphics being called High-res is kinda funny/sad. I scolded him immediately as I'm sure any of you would adding :"you wern't there at the beginning man..." etc...

anyway back on-topic: the missing textures can cause a bit of a ho-ha secret wise. for example the gold swastika on red brick is missing meaning that on e1l9 (for example) the secrets are a lot less apparent as these textures are used to mark them...
If no one will be making these I may give it a go but I'd need somone to give me a list of all the missing ones first. LOL I wouldn't want to miss one! LOL

also I just knocked up this:
chainer for wolf3d.PNG
for the latest version of my weapon pack (the one that supports nashgore and has my custom luger and rott stle mp40 etc... latest yet to be released ).:wink:
as you can see its a recolour of the free-doom chainer to match the oldskool wolf style! don't get to pallette raped in-game neither!

oh, and these:
wolfgunz.PNG
are the others I've done for those who aren't familiar.
I did the luger first. This needed a lot of work as, although the hands/arms are great, the jaguar version is simply an ugly modification of the DooM beretta as a luger. it looks more like a p38 to me! I re-worked parts of joeyTD's luger, powerslave's revolver and even some bits of the doom pistol and created a much better looking luger that closely resembled the original...
The machinegun just had to be the ROTT MP40 and with the addition of a left arm, totaly looked the part.
When I was looking at the AJ rocket launcher sprite and knew I disliked it but couldn't quite put my finger on why.
I have since realised that, like with the pistol, as its just a doom sprite re-hash it looks too doomish and as such lacks individuality, ruining the gaming experience.
now, obviously, there was no rocket launcher in the id original but, of course, the snes featured one:
snesrl.PNG
snesrl.PNG (1.21 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
This, although quite simple, had a more unique look and certainly fitted in with the classic wolf weapons. the observant among you will see that mine is actually based off of the DooM chaingun sprite and features a muzzleflash from blood, recoloured to better match my previous wolf3d weapon sprites.
Although quite plain, I feel it retains the induvidual wolfenstinian look I desired, but is in keeping with the quality of the jaguar sprites. this is why I decided to use the free-doom chaingun over my previous doom64 chaingun as I use the 64cg in my doom mod and I craved some difference...
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

sorry to double post but no more room for images on above post! LOL

anyway I just knocked these guns up for the SOD lost episodes in high(er) res:
sodEPguns.PNG
pistol's based off of joeytd's? centred duke64 pistol and the mgun is obviously a rehash of the jaguar mgun. chaingun next? :wink:
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

[
osjclatchford wrote:sorry to double post but no more room for images on above post! LOL

anyway I just knocked these guns up for the SOD lost episodes in high(er) res:
sodEPguns.PNG
pistol's based off of joeytd's? centred duke64 pistol and the mgun is obviously a rehash of the jaguar mgun. chaingun next? :wink:
:rock:
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Ghostbreed wrote: :rock:
thanks! here's the lost-ep chaingun;
LOST CHAINGUN.PNG
LOST CHAINGUN.PNG (15.39 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
cheapo way of doing it I know but, meh!

but to complete my set;

===EDIT===
dual chaingun and others have changed quite a bit: see below:
wolfguns.PNG
Last edited by osjclatchford on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Badass!
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

Could be something obvious that I'm missing, but I always get a fatal error when running the TC:
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

May have something to do with using a 7-month-old version of GZDoom.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

osjclatchford wrote:thanks! here's the lost-ep chaingun; cheapo way of doing it I know but, meh!
sure lil cheap unless if you're paint those roundy disc things into a dark green or some colours same as that. also adding a sight would be decent, though.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Captain J wrote:
osjclatchford wrote:thanks! here's the lost-ep chaingun; cheapo way of doing it I know but, meh!
sure lil cheap unless if you're paint those roundy disc things into a dark green or some colours same as that. also adding a sight would be decent, though.
might actually give that a go soon then...

anyway I've started on those missing textures that were not in the mac version:
newtextures.PNG
nothing special, just basic cut-and-shuts mostly but, as mentioned before, they are desperately needed for the high res pack so here they are!

maybe afadoomer will be an absolute mensch and slap 'em in the next version? :wink:

gonna need some help on this one though:
purp2.PNG
purp2.PNG (11.1 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
I'ts been driving me mad and I cant take much more of it LOL
I figure these:
not purple.PNG
not purple.PNG (12.59 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
are the mac version of the purple texture jobby but it its not on e1l0, instea its the brown cobble texture...... odd... any reason why?

Is it because that's how it was on the jaguar/mac or just an error?
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

here's the next three:
doors and flag.PNG
doors and flag.PNG (12.45 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Looks really good
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11

Post by Woolie Wool »

The shading on the flag on the cobblestone wall is really off, it looks like the flag is made of polished metal.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

It does indeed. Also:
osjclatchford wrote:here's the next three:
doors and flag.PNG
the first of the three textures looks waaay to flat.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

i agree with ghost breed
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

How have I not seen this thread until now? I'm definitely downloading this stuff when I get to my laptop.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”