The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PillowBlaster

The Guncaster - 3.888b

Post by PillowBlaster »

Downloads.
Core + Addon.
Weapon shop.
Alternate Thotkeeper voice.

Older stuff.
1.2 version
1.2 doom patch
alpha

Who gone done this?

The Crew in semi-detail:

PillowBlaster (Project lead who had put this whole thing together, involved in too much stuff within to really go over it all, just look into zs files or ask me for info if you'll wanna snag something for yourself and give more accurate credit~)
KeksDose (Most of the ACS and zscript wizardry of upper echelons within the mod, with such cool features under his belt like the in-game shop, HUD rewrite, Sandman handling, Augur X-ray, Thru-wall explosions, Sword's cleave attack, Eviternity weather unscrewing, Snake game and much more, among teaching me and lending sprites for the art of particle effects within the mod.)
Zhs2 (Riftwalking, flight and majority of playerclass handling, Longhorn's zap shot, keysharing, Spiritcannon handling and more, among countless small tweaks and advice dispensing for many headache-inducing problems.)
Dinosaur_Nerd (His own take on GC called GC Vindicated, new handling for spellcasting or kicking, unfucked gibs and blood code, new Riftwalk and keyshare/lockdef handling, Augur shot damage and wall penetration, Mechamaker's handbeam behavior, Eviternity weather unscrewing and the death exits, and much more tweaks.)

Previous and honorary Crew members due to their contributions:

Marty Kirra (Voice of Nithor and Cygnis himself! Also made that spiffy logo up above~)
Stan423321 (Some of the vintage ACS that was done within the mod.)
Cage (Old Dreadful and Golden Emperor sprites, Old Dreadful's strat fire animation, armor and medbag pickups alongside mentoring me for a good while now.)
DoomNukem (Weapon sprites of Longhorn, Pulverizer, Strucker, Ironblast, Matriarch, Matriarch projectiles, shop graphics, Mechamaker's beam model and texture, and more.)
Sgt. Shivers (Stratocaster mode activation animations for most of the weapons.)
Famskull (Deadmaker kick and uppercut frames, Mechamaker frames.)
Lt. Blam (Augur and Mourning Glory sprites.)

Social media stuff if you wanna follow folks who actively work on this mod!

Pillowblaster: Twitter Tumblr (not gonna include youtube cuz it's down there with videos, lol)
KeksDose: Twitter Youtube
Zhs2: N/A
Dinosaur_Nerd: Youtube
DoomNukem: N/A
Cardboard Marty: Twitter Youtube
Cage: Twitter Youtube
Stan423321: Twitter
Sgt. Shivers: Twitter Tumblr
Famskull: Youtube
Lt. Blam: N/A

Special extras:

Crofteria (Voice actor behind Sabbatha's voice): Twitter
Amv2k9 (For the Strife support that was a mistake, but I am grateful for him taking his time and sanity to put it together, even if still kinda half-assed on my side~)

Troubleshooting, lore and some other stuff.

- This mod works under GZDoom, with a handful of games - Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife. Anything else is not guaranteed to work.
- Remember to bind stuff in the MOD CONTROLS at the main menu that you might find handy to make full use of what this mod has to offer.
- If there is something you don't like or might want to be tweaked, there's a highly likely chance you might find an option to tweak it in HERE BE DRAGONS menu.
- If you have a minimalist HUD on and want the other one, press - or = on keyboard, or look into options, specifically look for screenblocks and tweak the number there.
- If your HUD is too small, look into HUD scaling options. If the text is too small - message options. If your crosshair is fuckhuge/fucksmall - tweak that in options too; I even went out of my way to add that in HERE BE DRAGONS menu.
- If you start with 1 money, dual wield and another bunch of other things being broken - your config got fucked up. I don't know when or why that happens, but it sure is dumb. I suggest keeping a backup of it at hand and update it every once in a while so you can reset it when that happens.

Minimal lore
As the dimensional mess, caused by by the serpent riders started to take its toll, the universes began to crumble under the pressure of chaos sphere. Anomalies were a common bread, and things started to be really ugly. From one of the worlds which received such treatment comes the mod's protagonist - Cygnis Flaynithere. A bit crazed hero-wannabe, who's also far from being a human. A skilled gunslinger which actually hates magic, as it's the cause of all of the mess he was thrown into. Still, he doesn't mind using it to get the job done. What kind of job, you may ask? That'd be kicking D'Sparil's ass, of course!

Gallery of random stuff from the mod's development or around it.
Before you'd get a brilliant idea to salvage any of it for your own, evil deeds like a mod or edits, I guess It'd be really, really nice if I was asked first - just because it isn't used for now, it doesn't mean it's free to be pilfered. But since I know no one's gonna bother anyway, and you all are already drooling over those unused Longhorn variations or the Quadshot, please remember to credit DoomNukem if you'd use previous weapon sprites in any way. For anything else, just ask me.

Usage policy.
If you want to use the mod's contents or create something based on it, or anything like that - check the attached text file, or read it here. Anything regarding Moonspeak directory, refer to _readme_authors_reuse.txt file.

Guide through mod contents in the spoiler right below:
Spoiler: Items, weapons, spells and other thingamajibs
PSA.
How do I even launch this again?
The included .txt file has some explanations for that. Also, this page is your best friend in that regard.

Why the monster mods ain't working with this, yet they all seem to be normal. I want more challenge! Your other two mods allowed such!~
For some particular mechanics and stuff to work - I had to edit monsters here. I had a limited amount of features or knowledge to work with, so that prevents from adding any monster mods on top of that.

You keep using those words - "That got fixed." I don't think you think it means what it means.
When I say that, I don't mean that it already is fixed and that I uploaded fixed version. It means that it's fixed on my side. This is no open-sourced mod, you have to wait for the update.

I have this and this bug with the mod and it crashes! Plz fix!
...And I have no idea why this happens if it never happened in my life. Please provide a better disclosure of what you pair this mod with in those cases. I am not a guru that reads people's minds or loading sequences.

Okay, I have these addons there. Now fix it!
I am not responsible for third party addons to make things work with them, unless we speak map errors that are not heavily-scripted or modded by default. If the OG creator will be well within my reach, will want to cooperate and it will be worth it, as sometimes it may mean things becoming incredibly time-consuming and hard, if not downright impossible to deal with. If that's not the case, then we could possibly work things out. Otherwise, that's entirely on the user.

Getting weird errors while launching it here.
If you load the mod alone and it still does not want to work, you might want to update your gzdoom. If it still persists, then you might want to report things.

Vidya.

Last edited by PillowBlaster on Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:34 am, edited 93 times in total.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] The Guncaster

Post by Cardboard Marty »

This looks entirely way too awesome and I'm glad to be a part of it! Spectacular work as always!
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

Bioshock Infinite style Vigors I presume?
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

No words needed, this is pure brillance at it's finest! :D
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

This gameplay looks amazing,we have some realize date?
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

What is the music used in the teaser video?
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Wow, so many awesome weapon packs have been announced lately, it's great!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Why do people keep putting guns in Heretic, specifically?
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

It's like some bizarre mixture of Russian Overkill and Psychic.

I love it.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Why do people keep putting guns in Heretic, specifically?
They fit in a strange way. Think Army of Darkness.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

finally a thread!, real awesome stuff, hadn't played heretic before giving this a burl and it's a heap of fun, the second menu needs to be a wee bit more intuitive as it took me a little while to figure out that I could navigate to a second menu.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

This reminds me of Psychic combined with Super Chicken.

This is an awesome thing.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Looks delicious.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Psychic Overkill. :P

Seriously looks good, though. Major ridiculous props for including acid a la Will Rock. :P
Nightfall

Post by Nightfall »

About time enemies actually die when I shoot them.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”