Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
iSpook

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by iSpook »

wildweasel wrote:
Doom'd Marine wrote:Is it silly that I assumed that Weasel would name this guy, based on his past couple of Mods and their Lore, "John GuywithaShotgun"?
He doesn't start with a shotgun, though. =P

This is true, but I could honestly see him deciding to forgo the pistol nonsense for that Sawed off you get your hands on =P

Edit: Actually the Private version I'm using along side with an edited version of Hard-doom starts with it (Since you start with the normal shotgun in Hard-Doom), but yeah that's far from "canon".
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Another new version.
  • Hopefully should be the last release until Doom Nukem sends me the new HUD.
  • Shotgun reload sequence can no longer be interrupted with altfire.
  • Added some degree of randomness to the sequence length of reload and fire animations, especially for the two shotguns, to cut down the "rhythm" and make them a bit more natural.
  • Pillowblaster's improved explosions are further improved.
  • Rocket launcher now takes 8 rockets to a mag instead of 4, damage and fire rate altered to suit, and rockets are now +EXTREMEDEATH.
  • Added the Imp Variants from realm667, for aesthetic purposes (and appropriate balance changes to make the Impbomination less of a pain).
  • The Baron of Hell is souped up (using resources from mkww-ah).
  • Maybe other changes I don't remember because uuuugggghhhhh.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

wildweasel wrote:rockets are now +EXTREMEDEATH.
Speaking of extreme death, the actors which, to me, seem as if they should be the most likely to explode into small piles of putrefying debris (the pistol guys) have a relatively un-extreme looking extreme death. It doesn't feel as satisfying to hit them with the RL as it should IMO. In fact, I'd suggest that the current extreme death might be better employed as a second normal death, chosen with slightly less likelihood than the current regular death. Then I think that a more traditional "explode into red pulp" set of graphics could be made to fill the extreme death role.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Strangely, the Zombie Henchman does not seem to even have gib frames.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

wildweasel wrote:
  • The Baron of Hell is souped up (using resources from mkww-ah).
I need to finish those sprites someday...

I'm really digging everything so far! I would complain about the bullet icon in the fullscreen hud being really confusing as far as ammo goes, but since we're getting a new hud I won't. Awesome work.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

like it lots and the implementation of clips is something very nice yet i feel that the sound and the animation are not sync and maybe the kick from the guns seems too hard, the pistol look odd more like shoting the sky :P

oh no idea if somebody told this but when u shot in angle and is more common to notice is that the smoke from the weapon is no attached to the gun...
leaving smooke in the center of the screen

Spoiler:
Oh by any chance can you make the enemies drop more ammunition? sometimes the ammo is deepleted very fast ;)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Mav3rick wrote:oh no idea if somebody told this but when u shot in angle and is more common to notice is that the smoke from the weapon is no attached to the gun...
leaving smooke in the center of the screen
What's a more reliable way to spawn gun smoke? A_SpawnItemEx isn't cutting it.
Big C

Post by Big C »

wildweasel wrote:
Big C wrote:Only complaint: There's no 'normal' way for a pump-shotty to spawn in Ultimate DooM in this mod.
Because it is now the Super Shotgun replacement.
Oh. Well, okay then. :V

Makes me wonder how a bazillion coach guns wound up on Mars, then, though...
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Why not make the bullet call
right, hitscans
Why not shoot the smoke as a projectile?

Meanwhile the breechloader has another problem, that it's really easy to accidentally shoot both when you only meant to shoot one. Maybe this can be made "semi-auto" with minimum time required between shots?

Big C wrote:Makes me wonder how a bazillion coach guns wound up on Mars, then, though...
One possibility that came to mind while I was thinking about the logistics of a spacefaring mid-future setting is that you might need to equip everyone with some kind of emergency launcher thingy in case they're in space and need to launch themselves back towards something. A primitive breechloader might be thought of as reasonably non-threatening for ordinary personnel to keep.

(Of course, this begs the question of why a gun to begin with, but we can just blame the NRA and other industry lobbyists for that.)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Mav3rick wrote:Oh by any chance can you make the enemies drop more ammunition? sometimes the ammo is deepleted very fast ;)
Which maps are you playing with the mod? Most of the time, I find that I'm pretty much swimming in ammo after the first level or so, like some weird munitions-obsessed Scrooge McDuck or something...
Vaecrius wrote:Why not shoot the smoke as a projectile?
Hmm, I suppose there was merit to the old "SmokeSpawner" projectile method after all...
Meanwhile the breechloader has another problem, that it's really easy to accidentally shoot both when you only meant to shoot one. Maybe this can be made "semi-auto" with minimum time required between shots?
I suppose I could remove the refires and get around to actually adding the alternate fire that I was so against adding...those of you who were wanting it, bear in mind that it will not be any more powerful than a pair of single blasts. =P
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

Big C wrote:Makes me wonder how a bazillion coach guns wound up on Mars, then, though...
this made me chuckle a bit haha. the armories quarter master must have been a mad max fan.

so this seems more or less the final version of the hud before I split up all the assets and make the font for the counters.
I brought back the mugshot albeit modified to look more badass.

EDIT: scrapped the radar and changed positioning of stuff

Second Edit: The face will more or less be transparent as to retain the 'holographic' look, I merely left the alpha untouched for preview purpose.

Last edited by DoomNukem on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

The Hud face (at least in my opinion) would look better if it was holographic (sorta like the the skull from the last version you posted).

Also: I'm digging your Avatar, DN.
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Eye patch and beard? Man, you have the best ideas. Keeps getting better and better :wub:
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

wildweasel wrote: What's a more reliable way to spawn gun smoke? A_SpawnItemEx isn't cutting it.
well no idea weasel dont have knowlegde of any modification lol
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

wildweasel wrote: What's a more reliable way to spawn gun smoke? A_SpawnItemEx isn't cutting it.
How about spawning gun smoke as A_FireCustomMissile? Worked quite well in my mod, maybe due to the angled weapons though.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”