[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
The Zombie Killer

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by The Zombie Killer »

mallo wrote:
The Zombie Killer wrote:Some old death sprites I made for one of the NPCs from Ghostbusters Doom 2. These are really old and I'm only posting them here because I found them lying around on my HDD, just begging to be used by someone.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

These were done in MSPaint which is why they're probably pretty crappy. The images should also retain their offsets since they're direct from the pk3 I had.

-TZK
May I use them? I sometimes work on making GB Doom use Zdoom-only features (like ACS), fixing many bugs and finishing it.
Go ahead, I'm never gonna use them, so someone else might as well.

-TZK
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

SoloSpaghetti wrote:EDIT: Quite little... How can I enlarge it? I tryed Photoshop, but it makes the image to blurry!
"XNView" (http://www.xnview.com/en/index.php):
Image --> Resize --> Standard Size (select 200 or 400 %) --> "v" on Resample - select "Nearest Neighbour"

Pretty much the same with IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm)

Or

Ms-Paint WinXP - Resize using not the emnu option but just selecting an area (all image Ctrl+A) and enlarging it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

jazzmaster9 wrote:You mean like this :) ?
nope like this!.png
nope like this!.png (2.68 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
here's the tips. if you done with sprite scaling and saw the 4x4 pixels, make 'em smooth.
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Marty Kirra wrote:I'm also in the process of making a new assault rifle for Diaz v3.
Said assault rifle is a CS:S skin that I'm reworking. :)
You're spritifying the Type-19?

I love you.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Captain J wrote:
nope like this!.png
here's the tips. if you done with sprite scaling and saw the 4x4 pixels, make 'em smooth.
i did do that, though i should make them more noticable :(
Thanks for the tip. :D
mallo

Post by mallo »

Captain J wrote:
nope like this!.png
I would make his eyes closed, like in PC version. I mean, he's a doll.

The funny thing is, I yesterday had a dream about making him 128x128. :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Not sure if this will be of any use because the figure is a bit small but it might be a useful base for a civilian-like actor.

http://spritedatabase.net/display.php?object=9654
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

frank.png
frank.png (3.53 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
Bigger is better! :P
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Captain J wrote:by the way today in this thread, big mother of scal dominates on us now, not chairs. :?
No relation, actually :P

Besides, there's probably not much in this thread one can do with a rather nondescript young lady who just happens to be six times the average human height. Then again ...

Speaking of which, first set of rotations are in the bag:
Attachments
Look closely and you can see the remains of the last guy who tried to score a looksie :P
Look closely and you can see the remains of the last guy who tried to score a looksie :P
SBHNlineupx3.png (4.65 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

is...is that a blood on sole part of her hills? oh god, she sure want to dominate us.
well also bosses does appears in 12 times at endurance mode. and i can't wait for blast her and get a plenty of scores!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Yup. Blame ECS, he gave me the idea for that.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

jazzmaster9 wrote:Here's A Mac-styled Version of the Hitler's Ghost.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

well, while i downloaded Laz Rojas' WolfenDOOM for looking all boss enemies' sprites but suddenly i just saw all of enemies sprites revamped by me also includes mutant. also there's on my name at this mod's credit, thanks a lot! also if i had some times, i going to improve some bosses specially fatface and other same variants of bosses.
it's original name is mp5k...but kinda overused either.
it's original name is mp5k...but kinda overused either.
anyway that's my last model rip spriting. and classically, it's mp5k. but for a differences, i just named with D5K with bulky muzzles.
also that flash is pretty big and awkward. but hey, we're lacks custom muzzle flashes to choose. for small muzzles or big muzzles.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Captain J wrote:well, while i downloaded Laz Rojas' WolfenDOOM for looking all boss enemies' sprites but suddenly i just saw all of enemies sprites revamped by me also includes mutant. also there's on my name at this mod's credit, thanks a lot! also if i had some times, i going to improve some bosses specially fatface and other same variants of bosses.
Yeah, people were very picky about giving proper credits and to point out things that were inaccurate.

I always felt that the people who did the hi-res stuff for the ports of Wolf3D were really lazy, they didn't bother taking advantage of the bigger sprites by adding more detail instead just expanding what was already there and leave it at that. Not to mention the butchered death animations and the missing sprites. The missing rotations I can accept, as that would involve at lot of time consuming work for such large sprites. I'm glad people have tried to improve these somewhat. I am currently working on an overhaul of the mod, the original was kind of lazy in places and I am not satisfied with it. Some new features will be present.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

using 'em without leaving any credits and without permissions if that's not a sharing works, that's a kind of stealing i think. by the way, at least they tried to improve...but not much as we're wanted.

Return to “General”