Silent Hill Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jinal

Re: Silent Hill Doom

Post by Jinal »

DaFker666 wrote:I will try to not make you mad by the fact that men are stronger than women. :(
Don't even think about putting in the last word in since your only continuing it.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Both of you, cut it out.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Actually about the main character I think it would be cool if you based it off the kind of generic protaginists you get in games these days and found a way to subvert it, like Spec Ops did.
On a side note, how did you get the subway train to look so good? Did you use 3d models?
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Actually about the main character I think it would be cool if you based it off the kind of generic protaginists you get in games these days and found a way to subvert it, like Spec Ops did.
That's a pretty good idea. Though I think it'd be kind of unfitting for the main character to be a military guy, maybe it's not too far off. Especially with the mention of spec ops, a character like that would work well.
zygo

Post by zygo »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Actually about the main character I think it would be cool if you based it off the kind of generic protaginists you get in games these days and found a way to subvert it, like Spec Ops did.
On a side note, how did you get the subway train to look so good? Did you use 3d models?
Thank you :)
And yes sir, the entire map is a 3d model. I then added impassable lines and those 8 pixel step things for the chairs Ect. Also, there is 0% lighting in the game. I just attatched a bright light to follow the player. To give that misty Distant fade look.

I'm actually helping a friend on his 'the city' mod. The author that made 'the island' everything will be pretty much be in 3d. It's great for lotsa detail. That's why I have not posted anything recently its heavy work.
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

No matter how you subvert it, he'll still remain as a Dudebro generic protagonist as it's main root in the end.
KingShinra

Post by KingShinra »

Any progress, Zygo?

My gut tells me....this will be in development hell. I dont think it would do good in there. Let's see some progress!
DaFker666

Post by DaFker666 »

Ah yes, when can we await the very first alpha zygo? Are you going to allow people play alphas or you want the WAD done before releasing?
zygo

Post by zygo »

KingShinra wrote:Any progress, Zygo?

My gut tells me....this will be in development hell. I dont think it would do good in there. Let's see some progress!
So far all I have is a concept of the protagonist. A brunette female graduate, with knowledge in medical science. That's revisiting her old home silent hill for her lost or kidnapped sister. I would appreciate it if someone could script and even digitally paint some pictures for the slide show intro. I'm gona need voice actors too. If this is all the information il be given for the wad. Then il make blue prints for it now :)
zygo

Post by zygo »

DaFker666 wrote:Ah yes, when can we await the very first alpha zygo? Are you going to allow people play alphas or you want the WAD done before releasing?
The wad will be conplletely open to play. I'll upload a link to its dropbox on my first post on page one in just a second :)
Or here " https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fmkkb6nqpgk8d7o/jI4ZdoKbBT "
Nash

Post by Nash »

- Your noise filter isn't widescreen friendly
- Tons of model errors on loading first map; results in invisible map geometry

I did load all of the resources. Everything works except for the level kit pieces.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

I'd like to contribute a bit of code to this project, if you'd like to use it that is:

Grabbable objects (a la Half-Life 2)

I'm not sure where you'd use it, or if it would fit into the mod, but I guess that's up to you.

-TZK
zygo

Post by zygo »

The Zombie Killer wrote:I'd like to contribute a bit of code to this project, if you'd like to use it that is:

-TZK
Thank you very much sir, il find a way to put this to good use :)
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

@Zygo
No problem, I've also ported the current version of the mod into a pk3, because using a pk3 keeps things organized and makes it easier for people to play your mod.

silenthilldoom.pk3

EDIT: And as Nash noted, the textures for the models are missing, so the map appears wrong.

-TZK
Nash

Post by Nash »

The Zombie Killer wrote:@Zygo
No problem, I've also ported the current version of the mod into a pk3, because using a pk3 keeps things organized and makes it easier for people to play your mod.

silenthilldoom.pk3

EDIT: And as Nash noted, the textures for the models are missing, so the map appears wrong.

-TZK
SBARINFO error. Also, level pieces are still invisible.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”