Ultimate Western conversion (beta #3)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16833
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: A Year old Pizza Box

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by Captain J »

he just said he knows how to rip sounds from outlaw, mostly problem is collecting some screams from humanities.
but too bad his computer blocked my mediafire files. that's the only way to share files for everyone. :?
CeeJay
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 am

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by CeeJay »

Tristan885 wrote:I can rip the enemies sounds of Outlaws if you want, since I got the proper tools for that.
If you read earlier posts you'll see that I've already mentioned that I am fully capable of doing it myself. No offence, just seems like i'm repeating myself.
User avatar
Tristan885
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:11 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Canada, Québec

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by Tristan885 »

CeeJay wrote:
Tristan885 wrote:I can rip the enemies sounds of Outlaws if you want, since I got the proper tools for that.
If you read earlier posts you'll see that I've already mentioned that I am fully capable of doing it myself. No offence, just seems like i'm repeating myself.
Oh, sorry, haven't seen it. :oops:
CeeJay
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 am

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by CeeJay »

No worries there, mate
User avatar
Valherran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by Valherran »

Are you going to add all of the weapons from that era in this MOD?
CeeJay
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 am

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by CeeJay »

Valherran wrote:Are you going to add all of the weapons from that era in this MOD?
That would be ridiculous, there were a lot of guns even back in those days. No i'm just focusing on the typical/common ones that are usually associated with the wild west, such as the revolvers and Winchester rifles and shotguns. This ain't AeoD Western edition.
CeeJay
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 am

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (new screenshots)

Post by CeeJay »

Have some new screenshots
Spoiler:
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16833
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: A Year old Pizza Box

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (new screenshots)

Post by Captain J »

awesome design of that rifle at second picture. also single shotgun, man. westren world really needs single shotgun.

anyway do you have any mind for send a requestment about shading gatling gun? or do yourself? also you can let it alone either.
CeeJay
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 am

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (new screenshots)

Post by CeeJay »

Captain J wrote:awesome design of that rifle at second picture. also single shotgun, man. westren world really needs single shotgun.

anyway do you have any mind for send a requestment about shading gatling gun? or do yourself? also you can let it alone either.
If you wish to do it, you are more than welcome to do so my good man. It is way outside my graphical skills, hell I don't even know the first thing about shading. The rifle is indeed pretty well done, but it''s not made by me.
User avatar
Valherran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by Valherran »

CeeJay wrote:
Valherran wrote:Are you going to add all of the weapons from that era in this MOD?
That would be ridiculous, there were a lot of guns even back in those days. No i'm just focusing on the typical/common ones that are usually associated with the wild west, such as the revolvers and Winchester rifles and shotguns. This ain't AeoD Western edition.
Well I didn't mean every single model of weapons, but like what you said, different types of guns. There is enough guns to make a complete arsenal so that you aren't running around with just 4-5 guns, which is why I asked.
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16833
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: A Year old Pizza Box

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (new screenshots)

Post by Captain J »

i mean, not me. i'm nothing else can do but sprite fixin' things.
maybe this thread would be help for little. post request, and pray for somebody took it.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 57#p441220
CeeJay
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 am

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by CeeJay »

Valherran wrote:Well I didn't mean every single model of weapons, but like what you said, different types of guns. There is enough guns to make a complete arsenal so that you aren't running around with just 4-5 guns, which is why I asked.
There will be these weapons:

Fists
Blade (a machete)
Revolver / Dual revolvers
Winchester repeating rifle
Sawed-off single-barreled shotgun
Double-barreled shotgun
Dynamite
Gatling gun (mounted)
Unknown as of yet (A BFG replacement)

All the guns except the Gatling gun have reloading and I've made smoother animations for all weapons, though the fists still need some work.
User avatar
Valherran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (new screenshots)

Post by Valherran »

Some weapons you could add/request:

Buffalo Rifle (Sniper Rifle)
Hand Cannon (BFG Replacement)
Nitroglycerin (Grenade type weapon)
Cavalier Saber (A possible upgrade replacement for machete)

If native american type culture is somewhat involved:

Tomahawk/Throwing Knives
Apache Long Bow
Flaming Arrows
User avatar
JimmyJ
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (WIP)

Post by JimmyJ »

TheDoomGuy wrote:EDGE? Seriously? Wow, no offense but I really don't think any human being alive uses EDGE anymore.
I've gotta play Don's Challenge somehow.
CeeJay
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 am

Re: Ultimate Western conversion (new screenshots)

Post by CeeJay »

Valherran wrote:Some weapons you could add/request:

Buffalo Rifle (Sniper Rifle)
Hand Cannon (BFG Replacement)
Nitroglycerin (Grenade type weapon)
Cavalier Saber (A possible upgrade replacement for machete)

If native american type culture is somewhat involved:

Tomahawk/Throwing Knives
Apache Long Bow
Flaming Arrows
I think what i have so far is pretty much fine and overall balanced. Buffalo rifle would seem redundant as the Winchester already serves as a sniping weapon, already have dynamite (with two types of attack) so need for any more explosive weapons, a saber instead of the machete would be nice and more fitting but there is no sprites for one that I am aware of.

I'm giving some though and detail into the weaponry making them all serve a purpose as to not make a previous one obsolete and useless when a new one has been found. There's certain weapons for certain jobs.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”