Doomguy Visor Hud - NOW 4:3 COMPATIBLE

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wolfman

Re: Doomguy Visor Hud

Post by wolfman »

Both files are exactly the same.

doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I hate to ask, but is there any updates we can expect? I Really like this concept for a Hud, I saw an updated one on Doom Nukems thread but I think its safe to assume He did the expansion on that one... The current hud so far seems like it's lacking something :<
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

wolfman wrote:Both files are exactly the same.

i guess this would explain why it didnt work on zandronum :?
Michael_M88

Post by Michael_M88 »

Can I add something else? Some one previously mentioned something about item screens. I have a made my own custom version of Doom where the medikits and stimpacks are pick up items to use when needed. I downloaded GZDoom just so I could see this mod, and the item menu doesn't work, I can use the items, but I can't see which one I have or the menu. Can you please fix this when or if you can?
Ghoul_RUS

Post by Ghoul_RUS »

Why all Zandronum links doesn't work?!
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Zandronum link should work now. Uploaded the wrong file before. (doh)

Michael_M88: It's a neat idea, but i'd need somebody with some more advanced decorate/ACS skills to help me with that. I'm mostly a graphics guy, y'see - my coding knowledge is pretty limited.

Speaking of code, it absolutely baffles me that Zandronum does not have alpha/translucency support. GZDoom has it, Skulltag had it (if i recall correctly) - it's literally the only reason that this mod needs two versions.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

Mike12 wrote:Zandronum link should work now. Uploaded the wrong file before. (doh)

Michael_M88: It's a neat idea, but i'd need somebody with some more advanced decorate/ACS skills to help me with that. I'm mostly a graphics guy, y'see - my coding knowledge is pretty limited.

Speaking of code, it absolutely baffles me that Zandronum does not have alpha/translucency support. GZDoom has it, Skulltag had it (if i recall correctly) - it's literally the only reason that this mod needs two versions.
Yeah its really annoying, I can't really release alot of my stuff for zandronum purely because alot of it has smooth/faint alpha.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

it no support 4:3 resolution it seems...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i think so, full stretch as 16:9 is working nicely. so i already give up this hud of course, i don't like stretched screens.
Michael_M88

Post by Michael_M88 »

Mike12 wrote:Zandronum link should work now. Uploaded the wrong file before. (doh)

Thank you for uploading the Zandronum version :)
I hope you will make a 4:3 version, but I can live with 16:9 for now. Really nice HUD though :)
PlagueDoctor89

Post by PlagueDoctor89 »

Max Dickings wrote:I can't figure out how to resize this shit on imgur.

le snip of the big image

Cousin finished mugshots.

THOUGHTS?
I really would love to see this! Any chance we might see an upload in the near future? :3
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Captain J wrote:i think so, full stretch as 16:9 is working nicely. so i already give up this hud of course, i don't like stretched screens.
I'll probably work on a 4:3 version as soon as i can.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Dunno if this was mentioned yet, but would it be possible to add the "arms" part of the classic HUD, as well as numerical values for your ammo? Otherwise, this is a really slick HUD replacement. Great work so far!
johannes1212

Post by johannes1212 »

Sorry to be a complete idiot around these parts as I am not well versed in with brutal doom and zandronum in general, but this mod caught my eye.
Question is, using zandronum I simply have to drag this mod along with all the others I am using to Zandronum.exe and that should activate it? If so, why is my hud empty like so? is there a command I need to enter to make it appear?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

well, make sure you dragged brutal doom first among with hud wad. and as my opinion, hud wad must run first.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”