Cammy

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LilWhiteMouse

Cammy

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I didn't intend to release this, but after my "new" secondary HDD didn't even power up I don't even trust my IDE controller to be able to restore a backup from burned disc.

Drag 'n drop:http://www.prdarkfox.com/lwm/cammy.7z

http://www.prdarkfox.com/lwm/cam_acs.7z Not required, for backup purposes.

Project has no official title, this was just the result of me messing with GZDoom. It was meant to be fun to play, nothing more. Except for disabling some test scripts, haven't touched this in a year or so. I'm sure much of what I did is obsolete now.

Hit USE when the level starts, you'll be teleported in when the level is ready. Find and rescue all the hostages, then face down the boss. Once the hostages are rescued, follow the signs to the exit out of the streets to access the boss.

Game is meant to be played using chase cam. Mod lets you enable it before starting gameplay.

There's only one HUD.
1 - Ammunition Selection (Inventory bar)
2 - Current clip
3 - Combo meter
4 - Clip count for equipped ammo
5 - Armor (L/R gloves, boots, body suit, cappy)
6 - Bio-Ampules
7 - Health
8 - Crosshair (red for shootable)
9 - Remaining Hostages
10 - Action points
11 - Action point regeneration

Action Points - Reloading/changing clips/using a bio-ampule requires an action point to perform. Actions points regenerate over time, but this can be temporarily sped up by racking up combo kills.

Ammo types:
Basic - Unlimited ammo. No special effects.
Flare - No damage, but enemies within it's illumination take additional damage.
Cluster - Shotgun spread, high damage at short range.
Explosive - HE rounds, especially effective against machines. Makes a mess of organics.
Incindiary - Sets targets (but not machines) on fire. Flames are contagious.
Micro Missiles - Self homing projectiles.

Ammo is selected/changed with the Next/Prev/Use Inventory keys.

Bio-Ampule - Restores health over a short time. Use Alt-Fire to administer a bio-ampule, but you're prone while doing so. Effects stack.
Key - Used to access hostage buildings (no on screen indicator).

Gameplay notes:
Spoiler:
Gameplay tips:
Spoiler:
Abba Zabba

Re: Cammy

Post by Abba Zabba »

Wow, looks pretty cool. Couple questions though;

You're hosting on prdarkfox? Didn't know you guys were in cahoots. :)

Second, is Cammy's skin in game that dark? I mean nothing by it other than the difference in contrast compared to her icon on the right.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

One thing I've got to say for you,you are certainly one of the VERY BEST mappers! I've played most of them.My compliments!
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

No credit or mention of Pestilence, Paul Steed or even Ion Storm for the models?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Good to see that you have decided to release this. Has much changed in it? (Can't check right now.)
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

leileilol wrote:No credit or mention of Pestilence, Paul Steed or even Ion Storm for the models?
Original Quake 2 text files were supposed to be left with their respective models, but must have gotten cleaned out when I was purging unused resources. Only Cammy's seems to be present. The devastator model is supposed to have one as well (SlapHappy aka Chris Kelly).
Enjay wrote:Good to see that you have decided to release this. Has much changed in it? (Can't check right now.)
Except for the mech drone, I think it's the same as you played. The mall area was never completed (but included), so the original boss arena is still used.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

One bug: if you try to "use" a wall you still hear the doomguy grunt.

I actually like this a lot better in first person. The visible autotargeting plus increased ability to move around and not get stuck in the geometry makes me think... well, it's like rediscovering what makes run-and-gun in vanilla Doom work so well. :shock:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Except for the mech drone, I think it's the same as you played. The mall area was never completed (but included), so the original boss arena is still used.
Yup, very similar to the version I played. The mall arena looks good BTW. Shame it's not used.
JackCaliber

Post by JackCaliber »

Yeah, I feel like this could work as a third person game as I'm digging the Cammy model, but right now, she just kinda gets in the way of where you're aiming, so I have to play in first person for now. If you could make the camera follow slightly off to the side like in Gears of War, that would be perfect, and would make for a better view if you decided to incorporate some of her melee moves from the games.
Kaal979

Post by Kaal979 »

I saw the tiny starwars pics in yours -
could i maybe get this as wad somewhere?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Enjay wrote:The mall arena looks good BTW. Shame it's not used.
May look good (still missing the central object I mentioned before), but plays horribly. If you want to try it, noclip to the area and pukename the script "NewBossFight". Despite the same boss, the fight is boring and trite. There's no reason to climb the uppper levels which makes the mech's ability to destroy the walkways meaningless. I considered adapting the map, merging the existing boss area with the mall design. Creating a multi-level department store in the middle of the parking lot that the mech could crash into (using the existing mall's elevated walkways). I came to the conclusion that the mall's initial problem would carry over though, and stuck to the parking lot. Watching the mech ravage the parked cars is more entertaining I felt.
JackCaliber wrote:Yeah, I feel like this could work as a third person game as I'm digging the Cammy model, but right now, she just kinda gets in the way of where you're aiming, so I have to play in first person for now. If you could make the camera follow slightly off to the side like in Gears of War, that would be perfect, and would make for a better view if you decided to incorporate some of her melee moves from the games.
I'm not doing any work on this anymore (for now at least). ATM I'm just hoping I can actually finish designing my new Morrowind character and get to play her before this computer completely dies (no joke, it's moaning like a sick cat now). ::fingers crossed:: Besides, Cammy has accomplished what I intended: a suitable replacement/alternate for Bittersweet using available resources. I wanted something to play for a short time (20 minutes) with randomness (IE: not knowing where every enemy is, objectives are, etc.), flash, a purpose & ending. I determined it was easier to assemble something new then try to patch/update/finish Bittersweet. I like Chibi Rebellion, but it's a much slower pace (by intent) then these.

Concerning melee, I didn't want any. Aside, I can't do custom animations with my abilities/tools. Just making Cammy's side step was a labor of stubbornness, 99% of everything else is stock animation.
I'm not sure if it would alleviate your problem, but these are the chase cam settings I'm using:

Code: Select all

chase_dist=90
chase_height=8
[EDIT]
Kaal979 wrote:I saw the tiny starwars pics in yours -
could i maybe get this as wad somewhere?
If you mean Chibi Rebellion (I don't know what else you would be referring to?), it's here:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16549
Kaal979

Post by Kaal979 »

Yay - thanks!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”