[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@BioHazard - Well, I've got two jobs fro you if you have some time :) 1. The cutscene in E1M8, Lexus began with that but I think you can make that far better and 2. the "Credits" map ;) What do you think?

@cyber-menace - Normally, someone should have already placed the "SuperBarons" into that area, as far as I know, someone has already created them along in this thread including a translation for their overall look!

@cccp_leha - Please choose two on your own ;) You are in in E1M6 but one more is left!

@Kirby - Just a few persons have been applied for round 2, sorry!

@NMN - Indeed!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BTW, all the persons I already put into their slots can start right now with Week1
Risen

Post by Risen »

I would like to work primarily on gameplay. Give me M2 and M3 in week 1, M9 M4 and M5, and M6 M7 M8 week 3. I will concentrate on making the gameplay consistent across the maps. Since I will be working on play and not on detail, etc. I think 3 maps for each time slot is reasonable. While I really enjoyed the detailing in the maps I did (especially M7) I think my strength for this team is in how the maps flow. Others like Torm can get into the heavy details. I won't be adding much if anything to the map structures unless necessary for play. This also seems like a good arrangement as I won't see M6 and M7 (which need the most work on new areas) until week 3.

I would also like M1 at some point.

I know this is against the way you see it working, but I really think we need to have someone go through the thing as a whole looking for continuity this way.
Last edited by Risen on Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Tormentor667 wrote:@cccp_leha - Please choose two on your own ;) You are in in E1M6 but one more is left!
I already chose two, the last one shall be E1M2 then.
Risen

Post by Risen »

If you are opposed to my idea, then I would like M6, M4 and M1; in no specific order.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

@Tormentor: What's up with the two green armour areas and what did you have in mind for the dormant monsters?
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Tormentor667 wrote:@BioHazard - Well, I've got two jobs fro you if you have some time :) 1. The cutscene in E1M8, Lexus began with that but I think you can make that far better and 2. the "Credits" map ;) What do you think?
1. hmm, ill have to see what it is so far, anyone willing to make creepy sounds for whatever i see fit? :)
EDIT: alrighty, i saw it. nice job lexus! all ive gotta do is outfit with moving cameras and add a few creepy sounds (pak0.pk4 here i come)
if nobody is working on it now, i can set aside a day to work on it

2. actually, after looking at the sidedef counts of these maps, that might not happen... i can try though...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - Well, it isn't possible, that you work on all of the maps in all of the weeks, because it isn't possible that two persons work parallel on one map :P So please chose just 3 of them (as for the fact, that you should also work on other stuff, not just gameplay, look at my text for further information!)

@cccp_leha - Okay! And about E1M1, the Dormant monsters shouldn't be dormant, was just for demo purpose and you can do whatever you want with the 2 green armor pods, I had nothing special in mind (maybe use the switch for something ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@saxxonpike - Well, just do a "rewrite" (or "re-arranged version") of the "E1M2" tune and I will consider, if you are of great use for us or not ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Sorry for Triple Posting but I think I have to seperate each of these replies!

Can someone tell me where the SuperBaron's DECORATE and Translation has gone? I don't find it anymore... maybe I'm just blind but I am sure it must be somewhere in this thread!
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Just cureouse, are you going to use my map title and author info on all the maps? I'd like it if you did because that is a really clean and cool script :).

Well, my work here (I did some work? :D) is aparently done... look forward to the maps completion :) (Like with the ZDCMP2, I havn't bothered to check up on iot... it'l be more fun to play the finished map with none or little prior knowledge :)).

Good luck guys :).

:twisted:
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Lexus Alyus wrote:Just cureouse

Are you sereouse? :?:?:?
Risen

Post by Risen »

Tormentor667 wrote:@Risen - Well, it isn't possible, that you work on all of the maps in all of the weeks, because it isn't possible that two persons work parallel on one map :P So please chose just 3 of them (as for the fact, that you should also work on other stuff, not just gameplay, look at my text for further information!)
It would be possible because we only have six people working at a time. If each person took one, it would leave three maps untouched each week. I would only be taking two of the extra maps.

However, I already addressed this if you wanted me to work otherwise. See my previous post.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Lexeous - Exactly, just check Page One, Post One :)
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

Graf Zahl wrote:
Lexus Alyus wrote:Just cureouse

Are you sereouse? :?:?:?
oh god no, not this again.

Return to “Levels”