[WIP]Fusion Mapping Take #2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP]Fusion Mapping Take #2

Post by Grymmoire »

Xaser wrote:He's made several DTWID submissions, of which I'd point to E2M9 of DTWID-LE ("Petersen Station") as a particularly solid map.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out Xaser, E2M9 is a pretty solid map, I would have to agree with that. With that, yeah, I suppose he can handle making a decent map for this. Just claim the maps and I'll put it on the "claimed" list until there's actually some progress on it.
Whiteace wrote:So I just had a little idea if anyone wants to take this on, a hexen or doom map possibly fused with one of duke nukems although it would take a lot of skill and other added effects.
Hmm, I'd rather not bring in Duke3D maps into this project. I'm mostly trying to stick to the main IWADs.
Fusions with more well-known Heretic, Hexen, or some other very popular map that most people are familiar with that's not from any of the main IWads are permissible, I think such maps would make interesting secret maps and there are some secret exits in the existing maps that could lead to something like that.
So Hollywood Holocaust in that sense would be an acceptable choice because of how widespread that map is, almost everyone knows it. I just think it better to limit the fusions to Doom IWads for the regular non-secret maps so the whole pack of maps isn't too random.

Speaking of well-known maps, there's a map called "Club Doom" in PSX Doom, how well-known is that map? I've never played PSX Doom so I don't know what maps are and aren't memorable.
Last edited by Grymmoire on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daimon

Post by daimon »

ok... i'll see what can i manage out....
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

What maps are you using for it? I gotta know so I can mark it down.
daimon

Post by daimon »

mmm... i thinking today what maps i can do, and i think e3m1 and map03 is a nice mix, isn't?
Also, there's not a stable deadline?
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

As of right now I don't have a stable deadline because my schedule is too unstable for it, at the latest I want to finish this project before the year is over. Not many more maps are needed to have a decent sized pack so most of the work is already cut out. I've still got a few more maps I have to finish on my own and the existing maps need to be somewhere up to par with the rest but since this isn't aiming to be something like a 32 map project it shouldn't take more than this year to finish and polish off, even on a tight schedule.

If I had nothing else going on and could devote more time to mapping every day I'd give the project a month or two but since my schedule's always packed I don't think I'll be able to finish the project within that kind of time, especially if I need to do all the additional detailing, tweaking, and balancing on my own.

So take your time with the map but don't take several months on it, if you can help it, after I finish up the maps I need to do I won't be accepting any more from anyone else, even if the map is claimed but incomplete.

I'm assuming by "Map03" you mean Doom 2's Map03 so I've just jotted down the name as "Hell Gauntlet."
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Hi Grymmoire while looking through my files I realized I no longer had the "out of date" version and I was wondering if I could get a download link for that version, thanks if you are reading this, I know you really don't have much time.
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

Whiteace wrote:Hi Grymmoire while looking through my files I realized I no longer had the "out of date" version and I was wondering if I could get a download link for that version, thanks if you are reading this, I know you really don't have much time.
Old Skulltag Version
Old ZDoom Version

Lots of updates have happened to the maps so I took down the old versions but if you still want to look at them here they are.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Grymmoire wrote:Old Skulltag Version
Old ZDoom Version

Lots of updates have happened to the maps so I took down the old versions but if you still want to look at them here they are.
Thankyou for this and thanks for taking the time to reply, I wish you the best of luck in this project along with any other things you are doing.
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

Some more progress was made today, Decay wrapped up his portions of "Perfect World." The map isn't completely done just yet but it is playable from start to finish.
Spoiler: Screenshots
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

I love those screenies, Grymmoire. Keep it up, man!
daimon

Post by daimon »

Grymmoire wrote:As of right now I don't have a stable deadline because my schedule is too unstable for it, at the latest I want to finish this project before the year is over. Not many more maps are needed to have a decent sized pack so most of the work is already cut out. I've still got a few more maps I have to finish on my own and the existing maps need to be somewhere up to par with the rest but since this isn't aiming to be something like a 32 map project it shouldn't take more than this year to finish and polish off, even on a tight schedule.

If I had nothing else going on and could devote more time to mapping every day I'd give the project a month or two but since my schedule's always packed I don't think I'll be able to finish the project within that kind of time, especially if I need to do all the additional detailing, tweaking, and balancing on my own.

So take your time with the map but don't take several months on it, if you can help it, after I finish up the maps I need to do I won't be accepting any more from anyone else, even if the map is claimed but incomplete.
Ok, thanks...
I'm assuming by "Map03" you mean Doom 2's Map03 so I've just jotted down the name as "Hell Gauntlet."
Yes! Nice name...
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

Spoiler:
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Very interesting Grymmoire! Episode 2 being my favorite, I love what you did here. The Focus just reeks in those screenshots.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Sometime last year I signed up for this project, total noob mapper having made all of zero complete maps. I made about half the map and then sort of petered out and gave up. Also, I think I made the map too literal of a mix between the two maps, as I was/and still am too new of a mapper to really be able to come up with good quality original stuff.

Although I haven't gotten much better at mapping, I have made a decently good midi to accompany my concept. It's also not quite finished yet, but at least it's something. I might try to spruce up the map, and I need to fix a bunch of crap mistakes, rebalance gameplay somewhat, maybe retrofit whole level, but just thought I would at least post this stuff to get some ideas flowing. And bump the thread for a legitimate purpose.

E1M6-Cross-map25

"Blood Processing"

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39292814/bloodprocessing.wad

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39292814/Hunting%20Adrian.mid
Zdoomer1337

Post by Zdoomer1337 »

You should put a dl link for fusion maps

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”