- You need Arsenal installed too
- You can't sneak up on most monsters
- This will be changed soon to make a dumber variety of the monsters that can be sneaked
- Monsters shoot alot more
- Some of the Zombie type monsters have an camping variety that run away but still fire back at you
- Most of the monsters that are smart and not completely feral will wait quietly to ambush you instead of giving away their position
- Most monsters retaliate quickly
- There's a small chance most monsters will jump down from big heights
- The monsters will climb over things and jump down from higher heights - Not to be confused with the last thing this is MaxDropOffHeight the other is the JUMPOFF flag
- Theres a really small chance monsters with guns will drop that type of gun or ammo for it (Sometimes both)
- pistols and pistol ammo are more common
- shotguns and rifles are not as common (rifles are rarer)
- This is to prevent it getting too easy too quickly
- Try and make the monsters fight each other to save ammo
- You might get lucky and get a good weapon drop early on
- All the monsters have double health and some boss monsters have alot more
- Some monsters are also quicker
- The demon now moves like shit off a shovel so it can actually flank you before you can get the chainsaw out
The Pain elementals and cacodemons also have have the lostsouls SKULLFLY tag now
- I'm Trying to make them move more like the lost souls
- Theres a chance a spider mastermind spawn or cyberdemon spawn will be replaced with Lord Belphegor or the Juggernaut
- The spider mastermind has an invisible reflective shield. It is 45 degrees to his front. (I'm not quite sure if its working)
This Mod is meant to balance out another mod that I havent released which is a mutator to make some of the arsenal weapons devastating, and adds back some of the vanilla brutal doom weapons.
As arsenal isn't out of alpha yet, I'm waiting untill its fully out to ask Sergeant Mark if I can put the mutator out.
That mutator also adds some weapons from his Armageddoom wad like the flame thrower and the nuclear BFG 20K.
The mutator also includes the special Brutal doom weapons and with this mutator they will drop from the Mancubus and Revenant etc.
But until it can be released most of the weapon drops are switched off.
That means this will be harder without the other mutator
Good luck and save often - in fact keep a list of saves to be sure
(The weapons aren't included and the Juggernaut on the first mission was just testing)
ZDOOM / GZDOOM programmers (especially whoever made the cool actor flags)
Slade 3 programmers
It adds alot of the really well made zdoom actor flags:
Here's what the code looks like for rifle and pistol zombies along with their new replacer-
Spoiler:Sarge and rocket zombie
Spoiler:Here is the Spider Mastermind replacer:
Spoiler:Theres a similar version for the Cyberdemon. I will be adding more types of monsters that react differently and have different attributes. Also I'll start tweaking some of the zombie sprites to add more weapons to them. I've also got different types of stealth monsters working in a new version but I need to work on new sprites to show it visually.
Tidied up the readme. New spawner doesn't break E3M8.