[Release] Parkour -- v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RV-007

Re: [Release] Parkour -- v1.0

Post by RV-007 »

Make the player throw possessed and corpses around, lol.
O_OPlayer

Post by O_OPlayer »

KIIICKASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS AWESOME! Thank you for this awesome mod, i'm having fun, I don't need any platforms anymore, killing time >:)
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Oh, holy shootacles, this is a great out of nowhere update! I thought someone had bumped the thread! :P
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

xa-parko? This Xaser is clearly an imposter. The Xaser I know and stalk would call it Parkor_x or something similar :P
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

He's started using the xa- prefix not too long ago, starting with Psychic. =p
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Yeah, I got tired of the suffix so I started using xa-* for whatever reason. Fits since I've since adopted "Xaser Acheron" as a full author handle.

In other news, I tinkered a bit with stripping out a few things to make a Zandronum-compatible version, but the current version has some TEXTURES issues that make some of the weapons look super-glitchy. Still might be worth a shot just to play some DM with it for once. :P
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Or maybe the imposter has been present since Psychic?
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

As much as I like this mod, I personally feel the dual sawn-offs are a bit OP. Maybe make Doomguy reload each one individually would balance it out.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

They each are the equivalent of a normal shotgun with extra-spread, as far as damage and pellet count go (I believe), but they can be used in quadruple burst. Use the normal shotgun for farther foes, and the doubles for up close, I guess.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Ka-bump, even though I realize this is very likely six months too late. I was futzing about with creating a small ALTHUDCF patch for use with this (because some of us do use the Alternate HUD to see all of their ammotypes at once so they can be OCD about picking up bullet boxes that give them 50 bullets when they are only 24 from max capacity, right? Right?) when I ran into a small snag: those weapons that allow dual-firing (excluding the chaingun) do not have their ammotypes set to both of their respective clips, and the rocket launcher does not have its clip set as an ammotype either (though this latter thing is not a large problem, considering that it reloads automatically,) so ClipPistolRight and ClipDoubleRight never show up since the engine doesn't believe they are used by any weapon. Not something that warrants a 1.1 by a long shot, but something I wanted to point out since the Alternate HUD is a nice feature and more people should take it into consideration when they mod (a man can dream, right?)

For reference, here's the ALTHUDCF I cooked up. It works great aside from the aforementioned problems, and creating a decorate patch seems like a bad idea for saved games.

Code: Select all

Clip "CLIPA0"
ClipPistol "PISLA0"
ClipPistolRight "PISRA0"
Shell "SHELA0"
ClipShotgun "SHTRD0"
ClipDoubleLeft "SGRLH0"
ClipDoubleRight "SGRRH0"
RocketAmmo "ROCKA0"
ClipRocket "RLNGA0"
Cell "CELLA0"
ClipPlasma "AMBPLAS1"
Edit: The Parkour dash could probably be put in here somehow too, if it was made an ammotype and set to the Ammotype2 of some inconsequential weapon that doesn't actually have an ammo-using altfire.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Agh -- damn the althud and its mod-breakingness. D:

Thanks for the submission, though! I'll definitely sneak it in if I release a revision at some point.
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

a pity that the author has finished with the mod, (
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Why is that, exactly?
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Everything that has a beginning has an end, unless it's a mobius strip. While it's always cool to see updates, people have gotta move on to different things and such eventually. :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Return to “Gameplay Mods”