Supplice is a brand-new FPS game being created for GZDoom. It is heavily inspired by Doom and other retro first person shooters from that era.
For those unaware, Supplice started out life as a Boom-compatible Doom project sometime in 2009. Since then it has changed forms many times, from a simple megawad projects, to a total conversion, and finally to a fully-fledged original game.
We're on Steam now! Head on over and add it to your wish-list, it would really help us out
You can also check us out on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
Here's what's planned so far:
- A full-length campaign split into 6 distinct episodes, each representing a different setting and theme. Every map will be filled with things to kill, hazards to avoid, items to grab, and secrets to find.
- An original story told through gameplay, environmental set-pieces, intermission animations, and secret terminals.
- An arsenal of 10 new, highly destructive weapons, brought to you by PillowBlaster. Each weapon has primary and alternate firing modes.
- Tons of items, power-ups, and gadgets to aid you in combat.
- A legion of biomechanical beasts, grotesque creatures, and ethereal nightmares that you'll have to contend with.
- A beautiful new set of artwork that will paint the entire game, courtesy of Cage.
- An original soundtrack crafted by Jimmy, with a special arranged version produced by esselfortium.
- A vibrant soundscape crafted by Bouncy, allowing us to bring maps to life with ambient effects, powerful weaponry, and otherworldly abominations.
- Possible extra features
- A modding resource pack that will contain all of the assets that you need to make your own maps and mods.
- An extra 2 episodes, planned as DLC, if things go well. This would likely include 1 new weapon, new monsters, and maybe a few extras.
- Extra game modes, such as Deathmatch, could be possible at a later date.
- Mechadon: Project leader/organizer, mapper, and I've done a bit of graphic and coding work too.
- Cage: Main graphic and sprite artist. He's also helping out with project planning, running social media, and is tackling the business-side of things.
- Jimmy: Musical wizard, mapper, and helpful person/good friend. He’s been with the project since the beginning.
- esselfortium: Another super talented musician, she's working with Jimmy to create the arranged version of the soundtrack.
- Pillowblaster: DECORATE and coding maestro, responsible for making things go BOOM!
- Bouncy: Sound effects craftsmen, he has also contributed a lot to the story and lore of the world in Supplice.
- Xaser: Resident GZDoom expert and all-around extra helpful guy.
An album of older screenshots can be found HERE!
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave a post!