ZHalloween [is this even still being worked on?!]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

I hope this Halloween wad will scare me more than the stupe haunted house I saw this week. and I hope you guys are usiong Chainsaw Zombies.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Will be sure to! :D

Anyone, AT ALL, Please speak up if you would like to help do sprite work/decorations work. We're going to need all the people we can get! :)

We are alos looking for more mappers to fill the slots!!!111oneone
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Thanks for re-railing the thread, Kirby! :wink:

To all the derailers: Don't be player haters! (I don't know, it rhymes; plus I got nothin' else - what do you want)....

Kirbs: Yes I think ZHalloween is better sounding. ZDHalloween just doesn't roll off the tongue in the right way....

Edit: BTW, Csonicgo, I couldn't agree more with your avatar.
Anakin S.

Post by Anakin S. »

If you're using the heart beat, maybe you could use the dark forces player death sound for the player death sound since it's basically him screaming and his heart beating and slowing to a stop.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

So who is set up for what slot and such things? If I'm not signed up, I'd like to take the first Sunday, if i could.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Here is a monster you guys might find handy for your WAD.
Its a simple ZombieMan which has a 50% chance of comeing back to life once you've killed it.

Code: Select all

ACTOR ReturningZombieMan : ZombieMan 3004
{
         DropItem Clip
         States
         {
         Death:
             POSS H 5
             POSS I 5 A_Scream
             POSS J 5 A_NoBlocking
             POSS K 5
             POSS K 0 A_Jump (128,2)
             POSS L -1 
             Stop
             POSS L 32
             POSS KJIH 5
             POSS H 0 A_CustomMissile ("ReturningZombieMan",0,0,0)
             Stop
        }
}
Sometimes the new Zombie will mysteriously dissapear when it is spawned by the A_CustomMissile, this ussualy happens when a whole lot of them spawn in close proximity.
Only other thing that might be a bit much is that each time it dies it drops a clip (you could just make the probabiliy of the drop very low).

This code will replace the old zombie, but changing the ed number will stop this from happening without effecting the monster.

Have fun :D

[edit]
check doomworld out,, they've mentioned this project there
[/edit]
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Kirby wrote:Anyone, AT ALL, Please speak up if you would like to help do sprite work/decorations work. We're going to need all the people we can get!
What exactly do you need? (Sorry, I know you already wrote this in the thread but I'm at work and am low on the time factor). Enemies? Decorations? Textures?

Give me a list and I'll do my best to hammer it over the weekend. I have both days free so barring anything related to RL I'll probably be able to deliver.

And do you think you could actually use Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers sprites? I've done the walking frames for both, but if they're not of any use to you I'll re-direct my efforts.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

farlowj wrote:So who is set up for what slot and such things? If I'm not signed up, I'd like to take the first Sunday, if i could.
Check the thirs post on Page 1 :D

EDIT: @ Sir_Alien - Mutilated bodies, disembobied corpses, possibly a ghost if you could? And also, we could use a horror zombie with an axe (and I mean HORROR!! :) )

Basically, the things listed here and possibly anything scary that you can think of!!

EDIT2: Sure, we can use them both!

EDIT3: @Bouncy - Cna you make sure to include the revival zombie? Make changes if necessary, but make sure to include it in the DECORATE!

NOTE: The title has been changed. It is now ZHalloween! :D
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

@Kirby: And the slasher villains? I think they'd be good mini-bosses, especially considering they'll be melee enemies and it sounds like your weapons will consist of mainly melee attacks. I'd think they'd compliment each other nicely.

[EDIT]^^ Never mind. You got in as I was posting.[/EDIT]

And if I have time I could probably see my way to doing Freddy Kruger and Leatherface sprites too... If only there were more time. But then again, next week won't be nearly as hectic as this one has been for me.

As for the other sprites, I'm all over it like a cheap suit.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Great news!!!!
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

Usually when you say "Great News!!!!", you're supposed to actually TELL US what teh great news is!!!! :lol:
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

geedougg wrote:Usually when you say "Great News!!!!", you're supposed to actually TELL US what teh great news is!!!! :lol:
Lol, what I meant to say was:

@ Sir_Alien: That's great news!!

:wink:
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

geedougg wrote:OMGoodness that's brilliant. Please do that. I'd love to be in one of those totally empty rooms with the doors and windows barred and stuff! Heh!

BTW if you're looking for a siren sound, maybe you can rip the one from the They Hunger trilogy.
Well, the room isn't actually empty... It's more like a small apartment. It's got a bed, a chair, a bookcase, and a bathroom with a toilet, bathtub (with shower curtains) and a counter with sink and mirror. Of course, it's all using a lot of the textures from the Blood Resource Pack... Then again, the entire thing should be included in the resources, with Torm's permission, of course, since it fits the atmosphere perfectly.

And about the siren... I was also thinking of taking a siren from City of Heroes and just lowering it a lot... But I'll take a look.
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

I don't know what the siren from "city of heroes" is like..., but the "They Hunger" siren was pretty OK. It sounded kind'a like as old siren but it worked well with the maps I guess....

BTW that's what I meant by the "empty room".... Obviously I don't just want an empty, boring square sector.... I want a room with as much detail as it's humanly possible to put in it, and then I want to make it look like it's barred shut completely, with nowhere to go! :P
Damageinc333

Music?

Post by Damageinc333 »

I can do music, I do more of a metal/industrial sound. What format do you want it in? MP3? or you want me to make a midi (I can do both) mp3 is more flexable because I can use self recorded instruments and such. But I know midi is more easier packaged up into a wad. Let me know, I signed up for this forum just to hopefully get on this project, it sounds like fun. I would offer my level editing skills but trust me, you dont want em, lol.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”