Super Skulltag v1.4, back from the dead with RC6!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Ænima »

mckracken wrote:i dont like the HUD at all.
and is there no way to get rid of it completely? (black lines visor)
Well for right now you can use hud_althud 1 if you really dislike the current HUD.
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Ænima »

A shot of a new bonus map (not a Doom2 remake).
Spoiler:
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Ænima »

Update!

The next version will feature better eye-candy!

Enhanced particles!
Spoiler:
I drew the base myself and then translated it.




Improved blood decals!
Spoiler:
No, they're not from Brutal Doom. They're from Meat Fortress 2. A million thanks to Zombieguy for ripping them! :D
mckracken
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by mckracken »

looking forward to it.
btw. slamfire works really well!

(the bfg "tail" looked a bit odd in 1.4 - also the plasma ball could use some of that eye candy. like a flare effect etc.)
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Ænima »

mckracken wrote: (the bfg "tail" looked a bit odd in 1.4 - also the plasma ball could use some of that eye candy. like a flare effect etc.)
It does, actually. :P
Zombieguy
Posts: 1880
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: C:\Earth>

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Zombieguy »

Ænima wrote:Improved blood decals!
No, they're not from Brutal Doom. They're from Meat Fortress 2. A million thanks to Zombieguy for ripping them! :D
You're welcome. :D I think they look pretty neat in-game. Better than I expected! Looking forward to the next release.
User avatar
Djiel
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Djiel »

Gave this a go, just finished map16. I like this, the remade maps are generally well done and provide a nice new approach to the classics. The updated weapons feel nice as well.
There was however, 1 major frustration for me.. the doors. Their closing times to be more precise. What is up with that? Their almost instant closing is highly annoying in my opinion.

I wanted to suggest that the blood decals were clashing in style, but I see you already improved them for the next version, so that's nice :)

Also found 1 minor "bug", some times when you kill a baron, the bottom half on the floor gets the color from a knight. Not sure what causes this, but happened to me at least with using the rocket launcher.
Steve1664
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Steve1664 »

Now that Zandronum's become Skulltag's successor, does that mean this works in that? Is it ZDoom compatable?
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Ænima »

Djiel wrote:Gave this a go, just finished map16. I like this, the remade maps are generally well done and provide a nice new approach to the classics. The updated weapons feel nice as well.
There was however, 1 major frustration for me.. the doors. Their closing times to be more precise. What is up with that? Their almost instant closing is highly annoying in my opinion.
Alright, I'll see what we can do about those. Do you remember what maps that happened to you on, specifically? If you tell me which door it was, specifically, I can get right to fixing it. :)
Djiel wrote: Also found 1 minor "bug", some times when you kill a baron, the bottom half on the floor gets the color from a knight. Not sure what causes this, but happened to me at least with using the rocket launcher.
Yeah I know. This has been reported already and I'm working on fixing it. It's because the Baron and HK actually "share" the same lower body sprite for the moment being. I assumed nobody would notice but I was proven wrong. :P
Steve1664 wrote:Now that Zandronum's become Skulltag's successor, does that mean this works in that? Is it ZDoom compatable?
It works on, and is intended for, Zandronum.

I haven't tested SST in GZDoom or ZDoom but it should probably be compatible (as long as you load skulltag_actors.pk3 and skulltag_data.pk3). You might get a few error messages in-game though, probably relating to ACS scripts. I used a few ACS functions which are exclusive to Skulltag/Zandronum.
User avatar
-Ghost-
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by -Ghost- »

I've actually recently been playing your Mercs addon for this and I just wanted to add that it's a fun mod in its own right. Is that up for an update soon as well?
User avatar
Djiel
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Djiel »

Ænima wrote:Alright, I'll see what we can do about those. Do you remember what maps that happened to you on, specifically? If you tell me which door it was, specifically, I can get right to fixing it. :)
Basicly all of them :P
It's nothing gamebreaking, I just find it annoying. It ruins combat flow by having to re-open doors constantly.
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - rc4 released! SLAMFIRE SHOTGUN, MO

Post by Ænima »

-Ghost- wrote:I've actually recently been playing your Mercs addon for this and I just wanted to add that it's a fun mod in its own right. Is that up for an update soon as well?
Thanks! Yeah I'll probably release a new Mercenaries version within the next few months. We've made a lot of progress on that and we'll have many new weapons, a whole second page of stuff in the Buy Menu, at least 8 "mission" maps for singleplayer/coop, and an "HQ" map which also doubles as a map-selection hub! Stay tuned here, since I haven't started a Mercenaries thread over here at ZDoom yet. Although I will at some point. :P
Djiel wrote:
Ænima wrote:Alright, I'll see what we can do about those. Do you remember what maps that happened to you on, specifically? If you tell me which door it was, specifically, I can get right to fixing it. :)
Basicly all of them :P
It's nothing gamebreaking, I just find it annoying. It ruins combat flow by having to re-open doors constantly.
Alright, I'll do some playtesting in singleplayer and pay closer attention to the doors. I'll see if I can increase their close delays. ;]
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ænima »

>>> rc5 RELEASED! <<<


Have fun. Lemme know if you find any bugs.
User avatar
RikohZX
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by RikohZX »

Ænima wrote:>>> rc5 RELEASED! <<<


Have fun. Lemme know if you find any bugs.
I, uh, seem to be having a problem here.
So far as I can tell, this is a Super Skulltag Lite file according to Skulltag, and despite RC4 working fine with Zandronum for me (with the skulltag pk3s on-hand), this file isn't.

Did the files get switched up accidentally?
User avatar
Ænima
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Super Skulltag v1.4 - RC5 OUT NOW!

Post by Ænima »

RikohZX wrote:
Ænima wrote:>>> rc5 RELEASED! <<<


Have fun. Lemme know if you find any bugs.
I, uh, seem to be having a problem here.
So far as I can tell, this is a Super Skulltag Lite file according to Skulltag, and despite RC4 working fine with Zandronum for me (with the skulltag pk3s on-hand), this file isn't.

Did the files get switched up accidentally?
Are you sure? I just tested it for myself and it works fine.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”