Doom sprites HD (8x) version v03 released

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
TheMorden

Re: Doom sprites HD (8x) version v03 released

Post by TheMorden »

iLikeTheUDK wrote:You can still see that it was originally 8-bit color. We need to make them our way. Simply scaling them with HQ*X and that's it is just too lazy for us.
i agree,
Blox

Post by Blox »

Well at least it makes a decent base image, unlike like - you know;

This.
iLikeTheUDK

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

Blox wrote:Well at least it makes a decent base image, unlike like - you know, This:
Well, a base image is a base image. We need to use it a a base. it;'s not what will eventually be in there.
BTW can you please post some REAL progress? Any news on the Cyberdemon model? Or the Caco? Also, we haven't seen the hi-res Hell Knight sprites for a long time now. Any progress on these, either?
kb1

Post by kb1 »

RaVeN-05 wrote:...its my under development application its test mode much more work needed.
I am improved algorithm and edge detection method, on other side it still makes error placing pixels and edge must be edited especially at curve edges...
These are really good (as good as can be expected from automation). What alogrithm are you using? Can you post the code?
Blox

Post by Blox »

iLikeTheUDK wrote:Well, a base image is a base image. We need to use it as a base. it;'s not what will eventually be in there.
You seem to underestimate how important a good base image is, even if it's just an upscaled original.

Look at the fourth image, second row here. I can't really see what the head needs more than a couple of tweaks.
That's already a lot of saved work.

Edit: I suck at this whole "high resolution" shit, but anyways:
Took an hour to slap something on this. Eh, it could be worse. (As said, I suck.)
timmyr0x0r

Post by timmyr0x0r »

This cyberdemon looks awesome! I like how it's faithful while looking more sharp and detailed.
Mtzfire

Post by Mtzfire »

This was looking nice with the Imp :|

Well anywho I like that image scaler program, Raven-05, looks like it can make some really clean upscales :)
Blox wrote: Image
So I took that and added some quick detail:
Any thoughts? I mean other than how it's too dark, I know it's really dark :lol:
iLikeTheUDK

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

Too dark. You should probably use the Cyberdemon as seen on the Doom 2 cover for a more accurate reference.
BTW, while looking at earlier posts in this thread, I remember someone redirecting to a vid of his where he showed a render of a 3D model of a Cyberdemon he made.
EDIT: Found it! There's a link to the demo reel showing it on page.45 of this thread, and it's either from 0:29-0:38 or 1:29-1:38. You could probably ask him to send it to you.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Looking at that video, argh. That thing is way too flat and wrinkly instead of the trademark rough but bulgy look that the cyberdemon has.
Kaal979

Post by Kaal979 »

Im interested in the remap method for my UnitedQ3ADoomTroopers project.
But since they come as new skins there must be another way of makeing the script.
Tutorials Wiki links and direct descriptions very apprectiated!
mckracken

Post by mckracken »

that detail work looks good mtzfire.
Blox

Post by Blox »

I tried to make a use for it, but my conclusion is that it's only a degradation of quality if anything.

Just look at the gun, the metal hoof and the whole plastic wrap thingy. Ugh.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

iLikeTheUDK wrote:You should probably use the Cyberdemon as seen on the Doom 2 cover for a more accurate reference.
I was about to say the same. Besides the model at id Software, that's the most accurate reference we have of Cybie.
Kaal979 wrote:Im interested in the remap method for my UnitedQ3ADoomTroopers project.
But since they come as new skins there must be another way of makeing the script.
Tutorials Wiki links and direct descriptions very apprectiated!
huh?
Blox

Post by Blox »

15 Minutes spent on wires later;
iLikeTheUDK

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

In order to really up the amount of detail on the sprite, you need to make it about 2-4 times the resolution that it has now (about 480x868, as opposed to the 170x217 it's now). We need it to have more detail than originally possible with the original sprite. That's why high resolution textures were also made.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”