My Old Marathon TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gamenerd64

Re: My Old Marathon TC

Post by Gamenerd64 »

Oddly enough there's no mention of this second unused Headless anywhere that I know of, Poisonous Headless maybe?
President People

Post by President People »

Gamenerd64 wrote:Oddly enough there's no mention of this second unused Headless anywhere that I know of, Poisonous Headless maybe?
I honestly don't know. There's a Pathways Story Page, maybe you could ask on their forum.

As for the mod in this topic, it's quite neat. I don't care for the multiple triggers being separate weapons, or alt-fire reloading, but the levels still capture the Marathon feel rather well. One thing I really liked about this was that the level music starts playing with the chapter screens and their sound. Even though Marathon never did this, it sounded cool. I also like the representation of the Marathon Alpha weapons.

A couple links in case you pick this back up:

Marathon Story Page. You probably know, but just in case. :P

Marathon Alpha and Beta Shapes files. Some neat tidbits in here. (Ripped by Hopper, who also ripped those PiD shapes) Maybe you can have those retro levels after all. :)
Gamenerd64

Post by Gamenerd64 »

Wow thanks, now I can port the original textures over instead of the M1A1 remake textures.

EDIT: Also a little something to go with the PiD Shapes: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8146245/PiD%20Sounds.zip
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Is there information on the name and resource used by PiD's monster database? I don't even know their names.
Gamenerd64

Post by Gamenerd64 »

Gamenerd64 wrote:Their correct names are (in the order they appear in the archive) Nightmare, Headless, Phantasm, Ghoul, Zombie, Shocking Sphere, Greed, Malice, Deceit, Ooze, Wraith, Sentinel, and Skitter.
I told you the names already...
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Ok, thanks. Is there a windows version of PiD scenario? I noticed that there is a lot of scenarios for Mac, but hardly for Windows.
Gamenerd64

Post by Gamenerd64 »

There is no windows version of PiD that I know of, the only way to play is on a Mac Emulator such as BasiliskII (which I used to play the game :D)
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Offtopic:
Speaking of emulation, was anyone able to extract audio files from both RED and EVIL scenarios? I was not able to do this w/ ShapeFusion for some reason. If anyone can do this, please provide access to the resources. Credit will be provided to my custom marathon monsters project.
Neonspider

Post by Neonspider »

Just thought you may want to know that the link is broken now...

EDIT: Any chance someone could continue this TC? I was creating a map pack similar, to, but not exactly the same as M1's levels, and would I be able to use your terminal conversations as a template for more?
Gamenerd64

Post by Gamenerd64 »

Sorry about the link, it must've disappeared from my dropbox last time I did a little clean up. Try it again now.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Hey, the DIALOGUE script seems 2 lose its PnUp + PnDn functions? Looks like DIALOGUE script == reverting 2 the olde Strife format. If so, @ least allow 1 choice 2 read the previous message pages.

e.g.
Spoiler:
Last edited by RV-007 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gamenerd64

Post by Gamenerd64 »

I am still new to the KSSC utility and the syntax used. But this will be the first issue I look into if I ever decide to revive this project. I know how much of a pain it is and I whole-heartedly regret making them like that.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”