ZHalloween [is this even still being worked on?!]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

giest118 wrote:
Kirby wrote:I had thes great idea! Maybe when editing, we could alsp implement fake floors as traps so that when the player walks over them they fall down into a pit and die instantly:)
If you're going to do this, at least have some indication or hint that it is a trap. It doesn't have to be an really noticeable indication, I just think it would really piss people off to be randomly falling into traps and dying with no indication that they will.
I plan to leave indication, only you will have to look hard :twisted:

I will also check out the resource wad for the cobwebs and such :)
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

An idea for those fake floors, make it so that when you walk over them, there's a small audible "click", like in Metal Gear Solid. So if they stick around to see what it was... They fall. If they keep going, they're safe. But there'd have to be a dealy of about a second or so...

Another question: What's the setting going to be? Like a city, a town, a forest, a cave, a mix of them all, some very very wrong place with chairs on the walls and chains hanging from the cieling and phones ringing and dead bodies chained to the walls...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

BetaSword wrote:So if they stick around to see what it was... They fall. If they keep going, they're safe. But there'd have to be a dealy of about a second or so...
That's fine. Makes a good addition to something where the game is quite stealthy, or maybe slow and creepy. However, when did anyone ever stick around for a few seconds in Doom just to see what a click noise was? :wink:
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

BetaSword wrote:An idea for those fake floors, make it so that when you walk over them, there's a small audible "click", like in Metal Gear Solid. So if they stick around to see what it was... They fall. If they keep going, they're safe. But there'd have to be a dealy of about a second or so...

Another question: What's the setting going to be? Like a city, a town, a forest, a cave, a mix of them all, some very very wrong place with chairs on the walls and chains hanging from the cieling and phones ringing and dead bodies chained to the walls...
I kind of envisioned a mix of a spooky mansion, a forest, a cave, and practiaclly anything spooky that anyone could think of :P
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Kirby wrote: @ BounCy - To start the decorate, lets begin with some mutilated bodies and maybe a zombie that looks really zombiesh (as mentioned before :D)
ok, send some mutilated bodies and a zombie that looks really zombiesh and i'll do the decorate work for it, because that's what i signed up for. not MAKING the graphics, but making the DECORATE.
Erkki-x

Post by Erkki-x »

Will there be some hell place at the end of map (or is it used in too many wads)?

And have you got any ideas for new pickups, i could make for this wad?
nossr50

Post by nossr50 »

Im making a halloween themed map, im not gonna give out any details, besides it will be spooky :twisted:
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Erkki-x wrote:Will there be some hell place at the end of map (or is it used in too many wads)?

And have you got any ideas for new pickups, i could make for this wad?
frankly, I think you should put in a hellish place somewhere in the middle, and then get back to spookiness for the end. we can always put some on the end.
:P
@ Bouncy - I'll start some work for mutilation and such. I'll have to find others who will help me out with the graphics though.

CHANGE: Graphics for monsters/decorate go to Bouncy :)
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

Hey yeah, sign me up for the first Sunday your doing this. On another note, I just quickly wrote a small song, about 45 seconds, I thought that you guys could take a listen, see if it "fits" the mood, or if it sucks or what. Remember I'm still in high school so if your expecting something spectacular, well... Here it is anyway. And it's *cough* MIDI.
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

Enjay wrote:
BetaSword wrote:So if they stick around to see what it was... They fall. If they keep going, they're safe. But there'd have to be a dealy of about a second or so...
That's fine. Makes a good addition to something where the game is quite stealthy, or maybe slow and creepy. However, when did anyone ever stick around for a few seconds in Doom just to see what a click noise was? :wink:
Well, if it was a really creepy wad and wasn't necessarily just running arond and shooting everything that moves, then perhaps the player would be a bit more cautious. Of course, if instead of a click, there was the sound of an attacking imp behind you, that might cause the person to turn and look around, thus causing them to fall.

Oh, and here's some music that might also fit the theme and everything.

Edit: Oh, and the generous use of fog in the outdoor areas would also probably help... Along with snow... Once again, there's Enjay's example for that (which might I add, looks awesome).

Edit 2: Oh snap! Just found some very nicely repeating creepy noise sounds in City of Heroes in .ogg format, if anyone thinks they should be included... Also got some nice ambient sounds in there, too...
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

I've downloaded the music, and I will listen to it shortly.

As for new pickups, perhaps we could implement adrenaline boosters that, when collected to 100, cause a burst of speed lasting for 1 and a half minutes? I'll see what other ideas come to mind.
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Umm it'd be pretty good for a cellar. :wink: I definitely like the creepy music! :P It's kind'a melancholy though. If it sounded more scary than sad then it'd be even better. But if you want scary music maybe you should look into some music from Dungeon Siege.
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

Ok, how's about this, just for some ambience? It's an .ogg.
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

That's kind'a good but it's very short and similar throughout, and you need to loop it better. It also definitely needs some variations in moods or else it'll sound exactly the same through the entire thing and it won't be that great.
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

Yeah, I know it's short... There's a lot of longer ones, but I can' upload them here, cause their bigger. There's a nice one with creepy chanting... I'll see if I can get it up elsewhere.

Edit: Off topic, kinda, but there's a nice rioting one, too...

Edit 2: Oh goodness... A carnival one... Creepy...
Last edited by BetaSword on Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”