[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I can see kirbsters smaller pics just fine... plus my desktop is at a res of 1280x768 and I have no problems. Then again my TV is pritty bright compared to most monitors. IMO, monitors are too dark...

Anyway, cool stuff kirb :D.

NiGHTM: That small box room is where I intend to have the blue room... might make it drop into a sewer as the current room is far too small a space to do anything even half decent :D.

So, you actually like my stuff ths time? :D. That's cool :D. I have started to use the star textures a little more and I'm looking at how you guys detail and it's making more sense :D.

:twisted:
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

It's gone awfully quiet in this thread, I hope everything is okay :).
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Well, I have mappers block right now. (Great.)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, I don't have so here are some new shots :)

A new "STONE2" area with nifty sfall stuff and Lexus' "PIPEWALx" :)

Anothrt part of this area, you can see the new YELLOW area :)

The room before the SOULSPHERE secret. I changed a lot of textures and added lots of detail as you can see. The whole thing looks now much better in my eyes :) At the right you can see some more buildings in the outside of the base :)

Another view of this room. You see also a new blue door there :)

2 new things on this shot: 1. The new skybox and 2. the crate in the nukagepool, and yes, it moves up and down :) (thx to waggle!)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Oh, sorry for doublepost but here are some stats and info for the map:

DETAIL STATS
==========
6118 Vertices
7630 Linedefs
12977 Sidedefs
1618 Sectors
514 Things
Size: 1,2MB (+800kb to week2)

INFORMATION
=========
Every old area has now been revamped and I have about 20% of the new areas I want to add to this map: A room before you enter the Phobos Labs, a new outside area where the old soulsphere was, some new connections between the last room before exit and the nukage room and well, yes :) that's it for now :)
Risen

Post by Risen »

Looks good, Torm... it's pretty much exactly what I wanted to do with that room had I had more time to work with it.

There is a problem with something, though, you took out the secret with the radsuit in it. I had really wanted this to stay there! If you are going to be forced to swim around in the nukage for very long like I had it then you should get a radsuit... and this secret area was the perfect place to have it... I hope you have put in a suit nearby!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - No, I didn't put it sounds logic and that's why I will put one somewhere back in there :)
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Where's that gun from? It looks cool.
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Hey Torm nice work again. One wee suggestion would be to give the crates in the slime the floor_waggle feature for a bobbing effect. That is, at least, if it's "deep water". I on't know hy but ever since I got it to work in my other wad i've been using it wherever it looks good.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Ixnatifual: I believe it was originally from Shadow Warrior, but it was touched up Cory Whittle (of Immoral Conduct fame).

Ninja_of_DooM: heh, he said below the shot that he'd done just that :)
Risen

Post by Risen »

These may look super dark, but they play just fine. Again, this is E1M7, and this is the second week since I started from scratch. It will definitely need more work after the end of the week, but I've made significant progress.

Hallway Lighting

This is where you get the yellow key. I added an area behind the player where the key is, but it's not much to look at unless you're playing the map (lots of dynamic lighting effects in this level)

A single light fixture
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

damn, looking good guys, looking good. :D

EDIT: Room in progress :D
Image Image
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Risen: I didn't know you were this f***ing capable of mapping.... Nice job dude. Those 3 shots are probably 3 of te sexiest (albeit dark) shots I've seen yet. Please show some more! :)
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

@NiGHTAMRE - Bloody hell. I could have sworn I read that whole thing right. Must have been the time of day and the added effects of a pint of guiness. :oops:
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Tormentor667 wrote:2. The crate in the nukagepool, and yes, it moves up and down :) (thx to waggle!)
Wouldn't that be kind'a weird? I mean how does the crate float up and down if you can't walk "in" the nukage pool (you can only walk "on" it like it's solid, I assume)? Wouldn't looks kind'a strange?!

Return to “Levels”