Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
doomfiend

Re: Doom 2 Recolored [Project] [Sprites][ Textures] ver 2.7.

Post by doomfiend »

Awesome, This will go great with that Silent hill themed map I'm working on, Its a hidden Uac facility base built on the out skirts of Silent hill... I'll have a cutscene when the darkness comes and you will see the level start to transition over to the "Otherworld" O:
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I just wanted to highlight a little bit on the second update which is vastly growing already i got a second color code of green and an even more sinister set variation for part two heres more free samples to show not tested but they are very much fresh right out of the oven today.

Texture samples:
Spoiler:
I'll have more posted as i update this post. I'm hoping when this update for 2.7.3 is completely finished we might even be able to get dark temples or even dark citadels made the two base mutations to blame are the silent series they are whats making the whole mutation spread like wildfire look in the wad file and you'll notice the color resemblance from the filtering. :lol:
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I'm posting an announcement that I'm working on more wolf stein texture recolored edits and i might have to extend time for that process to take place. I can't show any screenshots as I'm currently getting limited by imagur and are currently looking to add more pictures once i find out another way to post them in from a new provider. I'm hoping when i get most the textures done that there may be more mutations to come in the future or at-least a new breed of ideas. Thank you all for your time and all new edits will be added to the 2.7.4 version soon. I'm sure that there may soon be an added sense of aged wolfenstein ideas.

(still wishing for a mapper to make maps tho me thinks there won't be :3: )

edit 1:

Finally i think i got a new image sharer here's a direct link to some more of my work:
Spoiler:
I'm still working on my demo map and that demo scene like room is actually there. My demo map maybe a mishmash of rooms but it's there to show what you can do with some textures. I'm adding floor textures too ya know and hoping to get some other stuff added as well like i posted above . :mrgreen:
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Dont worry bro Im making an episode for extreme survival dedicated just to these textures, you'll see your work in action in due time... but it will take a while since Extreme survival is a 64 map wad (+ the prequel which is from map 65 - 96)
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

doomfiend wrote:Dont worry bro Im making an episode for extreme survival dedicated just to these textures, you'll see your work in action in due time... but it will take a while since Extreme survival is a 64 map wad (+ the prequel which is from map 65 - 96)

I just got a tiny jail theme also included with the so called new update when it arises it may take till next week. I dunno yet, but the next update looks very promising.
I can't wait to see how your maps will look , looking forward to it doomfiend. The only textures i got left are two wolf stein textures a few citadel textures and a new wolf variant and 2.7.4 will be ready and completed. :D

[HUGE NOTICE] One more specialty marble set fully completed with everything in it and a full set and even more to come wolf stein textures completed too. Citadel textures are last to be finished. When update is released it will be the hugest and most complete update of all the others. I can't wait to test drive the new dirty marble pack soon added disarray towards the dark pack has been completed as planned. project demo omega shall be started as soon as all tests are completed.

[END OF LINE]
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I have just uploaded the completed version of 2.7.4

DRD File hosting 2.7.4 complete version link: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... olored.zip

List is as follows:

New Dark Wolfenstein textures
New dirty Marble textures added
Major dark wood updated ( cabin fever might be setting in. ) :3:
lots of brick and dark looking construction like stuff for castles and other stuff
Lights for floors and patch sections on
new Wolfenstein like jail and window textures
Tons more stuff just see for yourself

Screenshots aren't coming till later. I need to get more demo scenes put in for my demo wad map. I hope you'll love this huge update doomfiend.
This huge update was forged in a matter of days and lots of hard work with gimp 2.8. I won't be doing any updates till maybe late June or early July. I have a lot of plans still laid for this pack and even more still undeveloped decorate needing added.

I have plans for statues of monsters in doom2 might take some time, but I'll see what i can do.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

The first of one of the many new snapshots will be coming soon or prereleases as i call them. 2.7.5 will take a while before it's full completed but i do have good news it will be available soon via the prerelease section which will maintain the development and keep thing much more alive.

I have two screenshots to show, they are my hard work and many filtering has taken in effect to make these and even the rust theme will get updates and the flesh theme will need updating for texture fixing purposes. I have lots of stuff going on that will slow devolpement but won't hinder it's speed.

Screenshots:

There are gonna be atleast three new marble sets your seeing two of the three. They won't have much impact on the theme but may give a aged or different color shceme depending on how you view them as a whole. I added other brick textures but i got more stuff i need to catch up on later before i run actual detailed map screenshots all textures are software mode friendly.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I'm back with another update status were entering mutation phase 3 now. I'm alsoworking with new stone textures too and some other nice dandy things like this bueatiful preview:

Spoiler:
I have a lot more going this time around and I'm thinking about making this more then a two part thing like before cause I need to work on the statues separately. They are just gray-scaled sprites i used the other one i posted as a prototype. I might keep it in the wad as an Easter egg someday when i finish my demo wad. I'm gonna have the first pre-release of 2.7.5 in before August. I hope you all love these textures i made and recolored. I hope by some time in August I'll probably short cut the demo map and do a real map soon cause i just love using the gzdoom engine to create what i call the rusted light color effect or the red light effect from my old project which i so much wanna revive someday.

old project:
Spoiler:

Lucky enough tho the new project will be even more evil when i get used to scripting again and there will be a more evil approach when i work on how i will create my so much dark inspired dark industrial relic, it will make doom look like silent hill and so much more when i get things running with my texture pack been meaning to for some time now. 8-)
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Hey everyone, i thought about posting this in a different thread, but since this will be part of the new update in a future version i thought i would include a preview of a few new things to be added.

http://i.minus.com/iRl9Sk1em0weN.png

That is just a sample of what's to come soon. I been thinking about fully colored skies for a while. I also been keeping myself off of the hugest update which i hardly updated or did anything for which i used to call the open gl package of doom2recolored. I might go to it soon after 2.8 and that's when I'll hit the next phase, the fully colored phase.

I'll still be working on more stuff, and 2.8 is still very far away, but i thought i might give a heads up. I do know that those skies are from doom, but considering i wanted to fiddle with a lot of things i thought i couldn't resist so they will be added in a long time, but well some of them aren't completely open gl as i fiddles abit so atleast one candidate will be added to this update asap.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I'm releasing prototype number one: (obsolete version was deleted)

added more rust texture
added new software sky textures
added new wood floor textures
more stuff in the mix please check the wad in slade or xwe to see all new textures added

I hope you all enjoy the new update it's only a prototype of 2.7.5 next part will take some time. I already hit the so called 1800 entry mark which is a nice achievement for me. I'm gonna work on gray scale objects as i planned and the demo map just needs slight tweaks and then I'll release that too.
Last edited by DefconRazor32 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

I admire how you made the overall texturing more "Quake" like.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I'm happy you admire my texture pack FireSeraphim. I would love to see my texture pack used with the quake texture pack, then we could see a nice level design made. I have always liked quake even tho i haven't played all quake titles. I'm also working more color variation soon not just brown and more brown. I'm trying to get more black whites and even a few other things along the mix to make the color scheme more interesting so that way it won't feel so bland or boring.

I'm open to more feed back on the color schemes if anyone wants to suggest any please do. I'll also be working on new brick textures soon when i get a chance I just gotta remember how to do it so i can add more variation to the mix. Today also marks my birthday that's why i haven't responded right away. I been planning my party and have a lot of fun and taking a break from the project as well, but that break ends, then i have to get back to the research at as hand as i already explained. I'll try to get the brick work on display soon can't guarantee it will be perfect, but i have a attempt on progress coming tomorrow or the day after. I'm willing to take any feedback, I Thank you all for your patience and admiration and constructive criticism on this project, any opinions and comments posted are very well thanked by me,if the project wasn't supported i would have gone completely underground.

EDIT*

I failed at the brick variation but i made a new thing that might open some ideas:
Spoiler:
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

i re-uploaded a newer prototype into the mix today. There are more textures added new tiles more degraded variants some new dark industrial. I can't can't guarantee any more releases, but i'll always re-posting new prototypes as i get a certain goal. I feel that the much needed criteria for this and another prototype will be in order as well. I'm deciding on compiling two prototypes the first being the software and in the next few weeks i'll release the real type the hardware version which will be the unhindered textured version which is more refined. I already started work on the fully colored silent hill like textures as well but right now things for the hardware version textures are very minimal right now so i'm not releasing it yet.

I can't get any screenshots out today as I'm gonna have to make better maps that are less bland and not uninspired. I'm planning on a new overhaul for the screenshot development, but it will be the only ones that will replace the bland ones i have now. I plan to let out the more gory or bloody or downright atmospheric if i can.

I leave you all with the link to the new prototype: (obsolete link deleted )

I hope that someone can make use of the new textures i added towards the floor and wall textures. The first post has been updated as well so you can look there also.
Last edited by DefconRazor32 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
BloodyAcid

Post by BloodyAcid »

Very nice! I'm using many of these in my Remnant textures as their feeling fits very well. Keep up the great work. I feel that these textures work better when coupled with other textures rather than pitting them against themselves as the contrast helps highlight these darker areas. Looking forward to more releases
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

this preview is what's to come in next prototype for the software version there's gonna be a few added industrial textures followed by monsters like doom2 hybrids, one is basically a modified cacodemon that huge and spawns regular versions of itself it's planned as a miniboss and is added in the working prototype. A very good friend of mine was bored and we both decided it would be cool to see when the next prototype releases. I personally think it would be awesome for invasions of sorts with new crazy doom2 monster creations with inheritance and other funny doohickeys I know the monster idea may sound like a ripoff but it's only an experiment and you won't know till you fight the monster if it's a challenge or not.

experiment size difference screenshot:
Spoiler:

i hope to hear opinions on the monster discussion if any you feel there shouldn't be any monster hybrids please state your reason. Criticism is always welcomed here and i respect everyone's rights here in this community.

Return to “Resources”