Hacx 2.0 -- Hacxmas Alpha!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should Hacx 2.0 enable jumping?

Yes
70%
No
15%
Don't Care
15%

Total votes: 159

Gez

Re: Hacx 2.0 -- Hacxmas Alpha!

Post by Gez »

What a load of crock.

On topic, yeah, I think it'd be better if these four enemy types, redone or not, were restricted to cyberspace levels.

In fact cyberspace levels probably ought to have a totally separate bestiary from meatspace levels. Enemies with, for instance, their own ZDoom blood decals because splattered gore doesn't fit right with the Tron-like aesthetics of cyberspace. (The walls should all disallow decals too I guess.)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

This largely depends on whether we can find an artist to produce said bestiary. There's already 2 planned new enemies and the final boss which need to get done as well, not to mention improvements to the existing sprites. While "virtualized" versions of the original enemies could work and be simply produced, it seems like a cop-out solution that wouldn't really add much. But yeah, the ICE, D-Man and Majong 7 are intended to be Cyberspace-only enemies, whereas the meatspace-intended Thorn Thing just needs better graphics so it doesn't look like an abstract blob. :P

Preventing decals on C-Space walls is actually a really good idea, though. Never thought of that.
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

Could you release a HacX 2.0 Graphics pwad for HacX 1.2 iwad? So I can play the first part with improved hud weapons etc.
Alterworldruler

Post by Alterworldruler »

The link for the hacxmas alpha is dead! It would be nice if someone reuploaded it.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Just updated the links on the first post. Dunno why I never got around to it -- I even had the .zip on my webspace already and everything.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Xaser wrote:Preventing decals on C-Space walls is actually a really good idea, though. Never thought of that.
Either that, or have decals that simulate damage being done to walls in a digital realm. Wish I could find some pics of something like Tron or maybe Johnny Mnemonic that shows this.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

The latter could work if you had some sort of scripting in place to give "digital" weapons in cyberspace levels.

Which would be awesome.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I am all for making the cyberspace levels completely unique and unconnected from the rest of the levels.
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

Made sure that everything in this mod are not sprite swaps (like redoeing the enemies so they would be actual original sprites rather than sprite swaps of the Doom II enemies)?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Have you tried the alpha yet? :P
Robomorons

Post by Robomorons »

Apologies for the bump, but I would like to ask for clarification on the current state of Hacx 2.0. I was eagerly awaiting the completed thing for a while, and woe be me to find out that the entire game development team has been silent for nearly two years. I've checked the official website as well as the development forums in vain hope that something would be updated. The last build of the game was r61 and that was released back in 2012, and the last thing I saw in the discussion of the remake of Garden of Delights was talking about the intro level of Shadow Warrior 2013. No one has said anything, and no one on the DRD forums has asked anything so I would like to ask a simple question. Is Hacx 2.0. dead?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

That which is unseen has not necessarily vanished.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Drop the cryptic bullshit and give us Hacx 2.0!
HavoX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro 21H1
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by HavoX »

Now now... there is no timetable for them to finish 2.0; they can take as long as they want to.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Scuba Steve wrote:Drop the cryptic bullshit and give us Hacx 2.0!
And Action Doom 3!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”