The other day I decided I wanted to play The Ultimate Torment and Torture, because it's been years since I tried it last time.
But when I did, I felt something was missing. Very nice levels, with some very nice torches, particle effects and whatnot... and the weapons... and the monster projectiles... just too normal. Too simple.
So I decided I wanted to give it a little lift regarding the FX. What did I get? "TUTNT: Visual Noise Edition"
Lots of smoke. Lots of particles. Lots of noise. And I liked it.
Some more videos? Sure.
What does it do?
- Almost every weapon got a meticulous recoil effect, ensuring there is no change in the firing speed, and that the view pitch will be restored before the gun can be shot again.
- Weapons with smooth animations (Perkristian's Smooth Weapons) + rls smooth minigun (further edited to be less "jumpy")
- All the weapon's projectiles got some improved visuals.
- Almost all the monster's projectiles were given some FX lifts.
- New blood effects, and modified Nashgore trails to match the new blood sprites.
- New bullet puffs.
- New visual effects for the powerups.
- New teleport fog.
- New bullet decals.
- New blood decals.
- Optional sounds pack for the weapons.
- Fixed some monster projectiles that had no dynamic lights assigned in the original TUTNT.
I have tested this a lot, and I found no issues. Yes, is noisy and it will most likely blind you during massive fights, due to the amount of smoke and particles around, but that was the intention.
Download it here (1.01) (sendspace)
Mediafire mirror (1.0) by wolfman
The only difference between v1.0 and v1.01 is the removal of some warnings when gzdoom starts, restored the comets in the sky in TNT04B and added Shinobi in the readme (credits) for the minigun base. So, no biggie.
Remember that you need the original "The Ultimate Torment & Torture" mod, which can be found over here.
Please report any bugs and try to have fun!