Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Cage

Re: Doom 2 Recolored [Project] [Sprites][ Textures] ver 2.7

Post by Cage »

Those are way too noisy in my opinion. In a bad way - guess they supposed to give off a grungy feel but they spoil the details already present in the textures.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Cage wrote:Those are way too noisy in my opinion. In a bad way - guess they supposed to give off a grungy feel but they spoil the details already present in the textures.
personally i was going for a grungy feel but since doom2 palette screws up stuff I'm left with no noise or too noisy because the shades or blacks and browns just don't like each other, i can understand what you mean by too noisy, but could you tell me the exact ones that are too noisy by their exact names and i might be able try some other methods some time when i get the open gl build going. Cage I'm happy you gave me your opinion cause i know i got lots nice textures but i never know which ones ruin the texture pack.

I have decided on taking the texture replace, but it's on my to-do list until i sort out other textures and get more opinions from other users.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

hey everyone i have great news as of today I'm gonna get a huge fix and some new floor textures to be added in the next texture release. I'm now using gimp to present a new type of texture variant called seamless textures. The process works in great with some the textures that have been as of late very edgy lately. I might even be able to get previously made textures that were patches into new floor textures. I know that 2.8 will be majorly delay and this means major as in months but this won't be blocking any updated releases of further textures so i hope you find this as awesome news. The seams are the edges in textures colliding and creating unneeded tiles making rock textures and other natural textures look very unrealistic or even worse look ugly. I hope you know that gimp is the program that helps me make these seamless textures so i don't have to worry about how to reshape textures or even blur out bad seams. I'll show the examples now to show the differences.

flesh texture :
Spoiler:
DefconRazor32

Re: Doom 2 Recolored [Project] [Sprites][ Textures] ver 2.7.

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Everyone i been out the sorts these days, but even still i managed to crop out a whole new mutation of textures I'm still undone with the 2,7 update so i left it as the 2.7.1 update. I uploaded the version as untested cause i haven't tested all the textures so if the version is stable or unstable please understand I'm way too busy atm getting on with real life stuff and i really gotta get cracking with my map09 it was a thing i was promising for someone it's a standard doom 2 map and it's gonna be really big and it's supposed to be a coop map, sorry if i have to go off -topic, but anyway to get back on topic I'll show some more new variants or rusted or dirty textures for this version.

Previews:
Spoiler:

To those of you if you wanna see my whole gallery and stuff from imagur i'll leave you all with this: http://defconrazor32.imgur.com

The link to the 2.7.1 update is on the first post from this thread it's on a zip but if you want it a pk3 just rename it to pk3 when saving the file and remember everyone the previews i show on this aren't all the new textures so do try the resource yourself. I worked hard and i got more research ahead for this project if anyone wants to contribute to my cause pm here and we can discuss things or if you wanna just give feedback you can pm me for that also.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

I've downloaded your PK3, but turns out no texture is replaced, it's just for mapping.
Aw.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

terranova wrote:I've downloaded your PK3, but turns out no texture is replaced, it's just for mapping.
Aw.

I won't do any replacements yet terranova as i need to finish the vanilla texture side first so i apologize if you have to wait so long. I just can't start total replacements till the number of mutations stops which it will soon. I just can't stop as of now. I'm thinking maybe march or April I'll try my start of it, I'm not making any promises tho.

I have some new textures that will be introduced in the next test build it won't be a replacement but here's more previews for a hell of more textures this time around:
Spoiler:

I hope you all like the new previews, terranova i'll see what i can do about the replacement during march or April, renaming is easy part it's the choosing which ones i want is the hard part cause i dunno if people want just the jungle or just the rust that's the only thing I'm confused about right now i can't use both themes ya know even if it's just a replacement.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Hey everyone i just came to reply and let everyone know the project isn't dead just taking a turn for the slow fall before i can get stuff going again i decided since part of the development has gone really slow. I thought well why not show what new mutation this week i got so far some great others well that's up to you if it's useful or not. I decided that as soon as I'm done I'll be calling the update 2.7.2 as this is the first part of the set.
Spoiler:
Those are just a small preview I'm working on some tests if the graphics work properly on the test run i give them i'll update my demo map and post some screen shots.
The book case has three pics so it's just a variant, some for the bricks and the doors too I'm gonna see what i can do to get more rusted or degraded stuff done.

I want to have credit given for any the texture i made here for demonstration if you ever decide to use them much appreciated and thank you for your time everyone. :3:

note 1: rejected 1 texture made two new mutations

note 2: fixing rust floor to add the decayed one once i fix it of course
next research experiments will be the flat series type and a few so called lights being manipulated into rust lighting set 2 inversion set. fusion into experments will be at sunday or monday following what ever new decay or rust textures

note 3: two textures are working awesome hoping to add them test results vary :

threw out a few tests on one lit texture made 3 new mutations:

testing will be completed if all goes well the next compiling will reproduce in an hour as of today on saturday more research concluded with test lit subject hoping to
the rest of the lit textures mutated more to come DefconRazor32 :3 (seriously we need a cat face in these forums they look so cool)
Last edited by DefconRazor32 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

In really liking these! I might wanna use these in the near future O:!
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

2.7.2 is now available everyone some textures have been removed and added from the previews shown. there is no Pk3 this time it's only a zip, if you want it as a pk3 just change the extension as always when you save it. I added a few new lights so that way there can be a little bit of variety. I haven't made any replacement textures so i apologize in advance. I added new box recolors I will add more stuff soon in part 2 of this version I just hope you all will like some the new textures and or variants.

I thank you doomfiend for your feedback, if you ever use any the textures for your future project i would love to see it someday :) . I have yet to see someone use my texture pack.

download link for 2.7.2 texture pack is here: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... olored.zip

The link is also on the first post of this thread too

Anyone has any questions or has any problems to report you can pm me or post in this thread thank you for your time everyone. :mrgreen:

next research subjects of the light mutation and some tiles mixed with a few others:
Spoiler:
still got more research Sunday protocol will be adding more test subjects, may need new sampling on more doom 2 subjects to change. :3:
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

hey everyone Defcon here to give out more new mutations of the last two weeks no releases just yet but soon will eventually won't be too long.
I have found a new thing to work on as a base mutation and here are the results:
Spoiler:
I still have more stuff to do this week I'm also planning on installing gimp2.8 soon, but before i do that i need to make text documents of some of the light and dark contrast settings then I'll be ready for the next step and I'll also be on to the next stage of the mutation the next big bang. I call the next big bang the too much green texture set it's included on part 2 of the 2.7.2 for this project included are some the new decayed or rusted textures and as an added bonus I'm also gonna making a new variant of the destroyed window gates that you see that were thumbnail as a preview. I hope that you all will enjoy the preview before the actual full 2.7.2 update. Anyone has any other questions or feedback you can always pm me or post in the thread. I also will have a monster base sprite that i will need help with it's an unfinished monster sprite set if anyone wants to see it I'll be glad to show it. I call it the langolier cause it's a resemblance to a langolier and pain elemental but quite unfinished, and i have a torch that was never finished all i need is flame sprites from the actual long red torch. I'll re-post more info within the coming updates on the future of this project as a whole when i get a chance. :3:
Springy

Post by Springy »

I'm loving these well done man makes a change from the original colours some of these will fit nicely for some of my mods.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I just came to post that the update for part 2 is gonna uploaded today i'm giving an exact time but, i will have it uploaded today none the less. I have just hit the one thousand texture mark this doesn't included duplicates this includes the original doom2recolred resources that i use xwe to put up the archive and create the wad. I feel very happy today, but i might take a break from the resource abit and catch up on my mapping for the demo wad called "Ridget.wad" i put some details in one the rooms it's not completed tho but i got the terminals running. :3:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

i ran those screen shots through software mode and they work flawlessly. 8-)

I'm not laying any texture previews today, their in the screenshots, if you can see some them in the screen shots. I still have more research coming around but that's after i take my break. I'll have everything released soon today. I'll leave a part 2 on the link description so that way you'll know when i edit the first post and the links.
I thank you all for your time. :D

Part two of 2.7.2 is now uploaded : link deleted obsolete file

the link is also on the first post too
Last edited by DefconRazor32 on Sun May 20, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Hey everyone today i will be uploading another version it will be 2.7.3 not much but a few new additions to the dark texture family and a silent hill inspired texture.
I would like to inquire if anyone would mind putting in a map using the texture pack i made when i upload it to the 2.7.3 update. I'm basically not asking much it can be any map any format ,anything you wish as long as it's decent, you can even include scripting if you want. I also included a prototype called the dark torch i hope someone might find it useful.

for the screenshots :
Spoiler:

I'm sure the second screenshot is more interesting. I hope you all know this is only the first part of 2.7.3

here is the 2.7.3 update: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... olored.zip
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

those textures could look really good in mods like Unloved :D
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Gothic wrote:those textures could look really good in mods like Unloved :D

I have seen that mod actually. The textures are are only like a few out of the one thousand in the whole texture pack. It would be cool to see like a silent hill like hellish like hub map made from my pack or a dark industrial ruins where humans once roamed and now demons infest the city, or a back story based on a once thriving syndicate fighting a war against a new threat where demons invade and try to destroy whats left of the city ruins. :P

Return to “Resources”