(Resources)The works of David G

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Xaser

Re: (Resources)The works of David G

Post by Xaser »

It's been something I've wanted to do for a while, but I've been a busy Xaser as of late.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

You hell knights never learn.
mancubus

Post by mancubus »

Sorry for bump, but are you still working on these
Xim

Post by Xim »

I think the deal is, whenever he makes something worth posting he posts it here.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Since you have apparently returned, somewhat, I'm hoping it isn't in bad form to ask, but would you be able to update the cacodemon death on the first page, here?:
ItsNatureToDie wrote:Image
The transition between the second and third sprites is a bit drastic, and the way the jaw breaks apart in the lower-left looks a little odd.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

That is part of the plan, my spriting however is (still) in need of improvement as the caco death demonstrates . Have not done too much in the mean time for I have not had a lot of motivation to do a lot of it. Also my knowledge of animation is a bit limited therefore I am unsure if i am doing something right or wrong. Good news among this mess of this paragraph is i got a scanner, meaning I can determine what stuff looks like when pixelated which has been a big problem for me. Anyways here is progress of an alt attack for the imp and extra rotations for the player sprites for starters
Attachments
EDIT: Was goofing with the idea inspired by the rather gruesome deaths from heart of darkness(PSX game which by the way had a KA rating) thinking how such a thing could be applied to commander keen(Brutal Keen if you will) but that is just another silly idea not giving to much effort to. Also a preview to the other sprites in said zip file
EDIT: Was goofing with the idea inspired by the rather gruesome deaths from heart of darkness(PSX game which by the way had a KA rating) thinking how such a thing could be applied to commander keen(Brutal Keen if you will) but that is just another silly idea not giving to much effort to. Also a preview to the other sprites in said zip file
My sprites.zip
I will also include a smooth recoil animation for the BFG9000 I finished
(118.92 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
The alt imp attack is a building block for the dark imp. As for the Player rotation E6 E7 and E8, some bits are out of JoeyTD's rotations. I also done rotations for the Wolf3d SS attack and an alt death which is based off the strife rebel.
The alt imp attack is a building block for the dark imp. As for the Player rotation E6 E7 and E8, some bits are out of JoeyTD's rotations. I also done rotations for the Wolf3d SS attack and an alt death which is based off the strife rebel.
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Nice sprites. I think you really got the stance of the WolfSS guy right.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Yes, and that imp two-handed attack looks awesome. :D

He's back! :D
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

ItsNatureToDie wrote:That is part of the plan, my spriting however is (still) in need of improvement as the caco death demonstrates . Have not done too much in the mean time for I have not had a lot of motivation to do a lot of it. Also my knowledge of animation is a bit limited therefore I am unsure if i am doing something right or wrong. Good news among this mess of this paragraph is i got a scanner, meaning I can determine what stuff looks like when pixelated which has been a big problem for me. Anyways here is progress of an alt attack for the imp and extra rotations for the player sprites for starters
I love those Marine sprites ;o, They're really good, the way he's standing looks a bit more stable than the original ones, and they can also be used as standing still frames, since Doom never had any.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

I love those Marine sprites ;o, They're really good, the way he's standing looks a bit more stable than the original ones, and they can also be used as standing still frames, since Doom never had any.
They did at one point, I will also include a GFX where you can actually see an E8 frame in the zip file

UPDATE 9-5-17
Zip Files now include 6 7 8 rotations of rifle Sgt, former shot gunner and machine gun marine.
Attachments
Today is Opposite Day UPDATED 9-5-17.png
Machinegun Marine skin UDATED 9-5-17 - Copy.zip
(94.71 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Today is Opposite day UDATED 9-5-17.zip
(223.83 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Awesome stuff INTD! Really awesome. You should help Ghastly collect this stuff so it can get submitted to the Realm667 repositories - it deserves more attention and being in a wad :D
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Snap! Sarge's packing a CAWS! :O
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

ItsNatureToDie wrote:That is part of the plan, my spriting however is (still) in need of improvement as the caco death demonstrates . Have not done too much in the mean time for I have not had a lot of motivation to do a lot of it. Also my knowledge of animation is a bit limited therefore I am unsure if i am doing something right or wrong. Good news among this mess of this paragraph is i got a scanner, meaning I can determine what stuff looks like when pixelated which has been a big problem for me. Anyways here is progress of an alt attack for the imp and extra rotations for the player sprites for starters
Those marine angles are awesome, Would you mind if you used them & some of your other work?
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

The shadowing on the backs of frames of SSWVF6 and SSWVG6 is a little much, but overall they are better than what is floating around 8-)
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Cool! It was nonsense that any guy with different gun had aa diferent uniform. D64 is more serious in this case.

Btw, her... could you make "cocking"* frames for the shotgun zombieman?

(* I hope its the right word... :S)

Return to “Resources”