Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
DefconRazor32

Re: Doom 2 Recolored [Project] [Sprites][ Textures]

Post by DefconRazor32 »

BoldEnglishman wrote:
DefconRazor32 wrote:I'm working on more but i need documents concerning the doom2's original decorate code so i can finish most what i need for the 3.0 update
Have a little look in ZDoom.pk3 -> Actors -> Doom folder, if I'm reading your post correctly.
yes you read it correctly and i'm working on it right now and NeuralStunner helped me too. Thanks for the directory info BoldEnglishman or i wouldn't know exactly where to look in the zdoom.pk3 I'm hoping by Wednesday to get the first sprite done with the coding then I'll be working on the rest of everything else . Friday I won't get everything i had planned done, but I'll be adding the sprites and get what needs to be fleshed out and added into the wad.

I also followed some guarantees about showing the open gl build too here are some ideal images:
Spoiler:

The preview is about 6 pics the last 1 one is gonna be to make frost like textures if i ever plan but that's only when i decide to get that texture set done hope you all enjoy.

EDIT 1: everyone the finished version of the tall broken lamp is done now all tweaked the preview version is now outdated. Thanks to everyone who's been helping me thus far in this whole thread and the zdoom editing forums part as well, on to the small tech lamp now. :D
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

I can't wait for the final release of the software version of this texture resource. These textures reminds me of Quake in a good way.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Heres some of the fruits of my labor some of the new decorates:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
the pink is light is what i call an ethereal light or a ghost light

I edited a few other pole sprites to create the head tree sprite I can't guarantee
that all things will be complete in decorate all the ones in the old an new screen shots are all decorate complete currently and fully working.
I will release the candidate 2.7 before 3.0 to get more decorate before i finalize the 3.0 release and then I'll be ready for the open gl build resource

[old] Candelabra
[old] small tree's
[new] big tree and head tree
[new]broken lamps and ghost lamps
Nash

Post by Nash »

Depressing... in a good way!
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

DefconRazor32 wrote:Stuff
Looking nice!
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Hey everyone I'm done with most my texture resource but 3.0 is still unfinished i plan today to get a few more flesh edits then I'll be seeing a few testing too if things go well and i don't see floor errors on rendering then I'll be ready, if i see floor rendering errors then they go to the open gl build.

In the mean time hope you love these lovely textures(did i mean lovely i meant depressing) :
Spoiler:
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Could you post some screenshots depicting some DOOM 2 levels? Entryway and The Gantlet come into mind.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Mikk- wrote:Could you post some screenshots depicting some DOOM 2 levels? Entryway and The Gantlet come into mind.
i'll see what i can do ok Mikk.

Edit: I did entryway screenshot, but i just wanna put something out i do like maps but i dislike using maps from doom2 original map as a placement for my demo's and why well,I can't replace every texture due to software's palette, but anyway i tried a bit of replacement zdoom in doom map format, but i dunno how everyone will feel at the lack of replacement tho. :(
Spoiler:

edit 2: i'm gonna see if i can get more rust edits done today so that way i can finish some missing textures

Edit 3 got more textures heres some previews even tho i did replacements on floor textures:
Spoiler:
I still got more to go but i'm squashing some more floor textures too.

Edit 3 : i finished most the textures if not all of them including the rust bloom effect when i'm done i'm releasing 2.7 update then i'll get the rest of the flesh textures done to get 3.0 done with.

Edit# 4: fixed a rock texture that was tiling wrong now the black line is removed and the tiling is perfect and there are no marks when using it.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Not so bad... Is this project still alive 'n kicking?
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:Not so bad... Is this project still alive 'n kicking?

you bet it is i'm still getting in some badly mangled wood textures and even more stuff.

heres my most recent exceptions the reason why i take so long on this build is i found more stunning research:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Some these textures maybe too dark but i still haven't tested all of em the wooden ones are all new and fresh from my gimp splicing routine. The flesh ones were two days born in from a flesh out routine in a flesh texture combination . New mutations now follow the texture RW43_3 photo protocol inheritance

since spoiler tags are screwed up i'll post more as i go:

I have a project idea i want in but i would need able mappers i can't map like most people, plus I'm booked and very busy doing two other maps at the moment.
I have my main idea set in after doom 2 where you find your self fighting a new plague where a new darkness settled and dark mosters appear or zombies too.
I had the story line be set as the gates of hell were opened again in the mars facility but a rust spreads preventing the maring from closing the gate . The only
way the marine would be able to get through would be to go and find hell portals and find the source which lies in the dark ashed ruins of hell where the main
infestation lies and kill the boss brain once more or whatever the evil last boss was called and end the hell gate once and for all.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I been getting things done for the map and a few photos of the jungle and ruined facility demo

screnshots:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I still need to fix some pixels for some software textures and i need to sift through more textures.
I know I'm still missing more textures to spruce up. I know if i go too early on the release i might
up with a half done texture pack with ruined jungle textures. I know i kinda extended the software
reseach but i hope everyone likes the extra stuff i'm including in the screenshots they are the
jungle ruins set. I named most the jungle set as junrot in xwe so you can find most them easier.
I even added some things for the floor sets so not everything is limited to patches.

I be extending more results once i finish today's batch and release the 2.7 update Monday or Tuesday.
I will be also loading a demo map that is exclusive to the so called texture pack i made.
I will have it at zdoom (doom in udmf format) or what ever the doombuilder calls it.
I will answer any replies if anyone has any questions just ask away. I can't guarantee
a silenthill like mappack unless i see some kinda leader step in. I can't manage stuff
and i get very lazy from time to time and real life issue get me on and off a project very easily.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Would you release a texture replacer? Like, a wad containing your modified textures named like the vanillia ones, so it replaces them? I would totally autoload this.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

terranova wrote:Would you release a texture replacer? Like, a wad containing your modified textures named like the vanillia ones, so it replaces them? I would totally autoload this.

well i don't know how i would be able to get that done and i would need help and if i get the help i would most definitely release a texture replacement, I still have a folder containing all the raw bmp files so all i need is someone to stand up and assist me on that idea of yours terranova and we may have a texture replacement wad.
I wanna lay a note down there's more then one rust or dirty texture that's why I'll need help community help on the texture replacement. I'll upload the raw textures in a zip file and upload them. I don't have time to lay down renaming stuff i still got further research to do.

Link to the resource kit so far: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... ecolore.7z
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

DefconRazor32 wrote:
terranova wrote:Would you release a texture replacer? Like, a wad containing your modified textures named like the vanillia ones, so it replaces them? I would totally autoload this.

well i don't know how
I wrote:a wad containing your modified textures named like the vanillia ones, so it replaces them
Seriously, if they have the same name, they'll replace them. It's like music.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: Doom 2 Recolored [Project] [Sprites][ Textures] ver 2.7

Post by chronoteeth »

Ya, and not only that it'd be easy for all source ports too, not just zdoom. It really is as easy as that, just gotta rename the textures to their corresponding texture they replace.

Return to “Resources”