[WIP] Doom: Evil Unleashed -- announcement

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MidnightTH

Re: Doom: Evil Unleashed -- Continued

Post by MidnightTH »

Good idea. I have Doom 0.4 ( Got it from doomworld )
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Gez wrote:Heh.
Lol didn't read that section. But well, means there will be a poll (if I knew how to make one). What do everyone preffer? With or Without decals?
Personally I think it's better without, because vanilla didn't have them, but I have to hear what people wnat of course.
There are some sections in the document that contradict themselves, so it's difficult sometimes to follow Tom's design.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

They should stay, but if you want to stay more in-line with vanilla tech you many want to edit them so they don't use varying levels of alpha (ie: a pixel is fully opaque or fully transparent).
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Since Barons are lame opponents, I modified the Bruiser Brothers to be a bit more challenging.
I already made them faster (speed 13 instead of 8), tougher (3000 health instead of 1000), gave them the +BOSS flag, and their projectiles faster (20 instead of 15) and more damaging (10*1d8 instead of 8*1d8). I feel that they are not a big challenge, though, even having the arsenal you have in the first episode. This means, you have:

-Bayonet
-Chainsaw
-Assault Rifle
-Shotgun
-SuperShotgun (if puzzle solved)
-Machinegun
-Chaingun
-Rocket Launcher

What other special ability do you suggest? Or do I keep them just like that?

On the other hand, if someone is willing to help with mapping, would be great. ShadesMaster is already making some new maps himself from scratch, but I'd like to rescue some of the original (alpha) maps too. I think Tom's maps are downright fugly, for example, I never liked E2M3 and E3M3 (even if they were "finished" by Sandy Petersen), because they feel quite unfinished and are boring, but I think we can do justice to them. E2M3 was originally going to be "Waste Processing" and E3M3, "Laboratory". I've been working on the Lab map, but I had to overhaul it almost completely, because it's too brief and small.

PS: I was going to embed a gameplay video here, but I'm having some problems uploading to YouTube right now.
Last edited by hfc2x on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

B. Bros. get a multi-fireball attack. In other words, shoot three green fireballs instead of one.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

For the baron, a suprise attack where we waves both his arms, than a streak of floor-hugging fire is summoned. Just like Heretic's Maulotaur's fire, but it's green and homes in on the player's position. Now THERE'S a secondary attack!

Also if we're lucky, maybe some of the excess DTWID map's authors are willing to donate to this project? Maybe?
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

ShadesMaster wrote:Maybe?
1 or 2 more ppl maping will be good enough.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

BlueFireZ88 wrote:In other words, shoot three green fireballs instead of one.
ShadesMaster wrote:... a suprise attack where we waves both his arms, than a streak of floor-hugging fire is summoned.
Added both.
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Are normal Barons going to be used in conjunction with these Bruiser Bros?
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

BlueFireZ88 wrote:Are normal Barons going to be used in conjunction with these Bruiser Bros?
Nope, normal Barons won't appear, as these were designed to be the actual bosses in the game. There will be variations, like the Hell Knight in later episodes (if we do ever finish EP1), but Barons (at least using the normal sprites) won't appear.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Okay, Bruiser Brothers (normal Doom Barons) will be the super powerful bosses of Episode 1, and later, taking their place will be the Bruiser Lords (Demon Lords from Strain). These will behave the exact same as the normal Barons we all are used to, but will be white in color instead of red.

IDK why am I pointing this out, because they will appear in episode 2 or even later, and Episode 1 isn't even finished, but well.
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

It's good to be prepared and have an idea of you'd what you want to do in the future.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Still, 3000 is a bit much for HP... 1500 would be fine, and even than I'd scale them up a tiny bitt... have. Yet to see their speed tho lol....
printz

Post by printz »

Why not just use variants of the KDiZD Bruisers? They may look highly-detailed, but so were things in Tom Hall's mind when writing the Doom bible.
oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

Excuse me if I missed anything from the first post but are there any screenshots ? I don't think I've seen any so far.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”