[WIP] The Shores of Zdoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] The Shores of Zdoom

Post by Ryan Cordell »

ChronoSeth wrote:It really wouldn't be that hard to edit a mod to be compatible with KDiZD/TSoZD.
You'd be surprised.. :P
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

printz wrote:
SamVision wrote:but I never saw any tower on that level, it was very anti climatic imo.
IYO. I'm going to guess you're very alone in this matter.
Actually, I agree with him. You should be able to see a tower. I suggest that the outside of the tower should be the base of the tower, and there would be a stacked sector with an actual tower inside. Something like this: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... m8tower.7z (run it on E2M8 with DOOM.WAD)
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Oddly enough I always considered the place you play in the original e2m8 the top of the tower, heh.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ryan Cordell wrote:
ChronoSeth wrote:It really wouldn't be that hard to edit a mod to be compatible with KDiZD/TSoZD.
I got wwhc-diaz.wad working with KDIZD, and the only modification I needed to make was renaming the rifle shell casings. It works great, as long as you don't mind the grenade launcher and rifle being swapped out for the RPK and the Neutralizer.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

wildweasel wrote:
Ryan Cordell wrote:
I got wwhc-diaz.wad working with KDIZD, and the only modification I needed to make was renaming the rifle shell casings. It works great, as long as you don't mind the grenade launcher and rifle being swapped out for the RPK and the Neutralizer.
It gets a bit harder if ACS is involved. I tried to play KDIZD with a Doom 3 weapons mod that I made, which includes a library. I took care of the actor replacment and the like and gave it a go. Everything was fine until I went throght Z1M3 secret exit. After the intermission is done I was taken to Z1M4 instead of the secret level. All of that was because I had a global variable with the same number in my library as a one in KDIZD's library.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Blue Shadow wrote:It gets a bit harder if ACS is involved.
Well, granted. That's why I generally include an uncompiled copy of the ACS in everything I release (I mean, if I ever actually release anything (well, if I ever make anything anybody would ever consider playing (/me ignores the stupid overpowered monsters that nobody knows about))).
Z86

Post by Z86 »

InsanityBringer wrote:Oddly enough I always considered the place you play in the original e2m8 the top of the tower, heh.
Me too.

Also, i tried my own PFEnhancer with KDiZD and it worked great (grenade launchers were replaced with the plasmagun and rifles with BFG), although ofc there were issues like new enemies not having gunflash flares, casings and brightmaps (pretty natural, as they are not meant to be replaced :) , but still clashing with the mod)
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

InsanityBringer wrote:Oddly enough I always considered the place you play in the original e2m8 the top of the tower, heh.
Well, I don't want my bosses chillin' at the BOTTOM of their tower, I mean, COME ON.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

I would be happy to write you guys a new bug tracker like the one I wrote for KDiZD but better. :)

Though I don't seem to have a DRD site anymore, so I'm not sure where I'd put it.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

You could ask Eruanna to get one back.
marble

Post by marble »

would be cool if you had to fight to the top of the tower, to find the cyberdemon. instead of just spawning at the top.
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

marble wrote:would be cool if you had to fight to the top of the tower, to find the cyberdemon. instead of just spawning at the top.
Or,you spawn Below, and hear the screams of your team mates and battlenoises and such, and then fight your way back up trough hordes of Barons Knights imps zombiemen and such, and as you get on top you see 2 marines fighting the cyberdemon(cutscene) and 1 Dies while the other cries to you for help and runs to you and then the cyberdemon kills him too, and you get all furious and fight the Cyberdemon ;o?
Or too much fantasy x]?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Ryan Cordell wrote:
Pleasantly -- it's not that hard at all. Psychic works just fine with KDiZD -- the only "change" needed was to provide a patch to make the new enemies drop blood money.

Haven't tested it in a while, though, so hopefully the patch isn't incompatible with the latest Psy build... that'd be terrible. :P
marble

Post by marble »

TheMistress wrote:
marble wrote:would be cool if you had to fight to the top of the tower, to find the cyberdemon. instead of just spawning at the top.
Or,you spawn Below, and hear the screams of your team mates and battlenoises and such, and then fight your way back up trough hordes of Barons Knights imps zombiemen and such, and as you get on top you see 2 marines fighting the cyberdemon(cutscene) and 1 Dies while the other cries to you for help and runs to you and then the cyberdemon kills him too, and you get all furious and fight the Cyberdemon ;o?
Or too much fantasy x]?

For extra awesomeness, dead bodies could keep falling off of the top of the tower, torn apart by the Cyberdemon's rockets.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

*let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the...*

*ahem*, I mean, I'm actually inspired to do something like that now. Thank you very much. :P

Return to “Levels”