Killian Reed [necrobumped]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: Killian Reed FPS

Post by Enjay »

This just gets better and better looking. I really like the Cyberman/C3P0 robot but it all looks good.

[edit]

Image copied onto new page for great justice:

[/edit]
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

[quote="TheAdmantArchvile"][/quote]

Hmm...I don't know, lol. I have been working on it str8 for years, I finally had to put it down for a bit to gain some perspective....the comicbook also turned into something really big and that has been taking up my time recently....I am hoping to get it published...sadly, Killian's appearance in it has been pushed back.

I suppose once I finish the first map I can make a demo, but I know I have to do some complicated things with it....and I haven't really looked into the software 3d floors yet- which could simplify some things for me. I suppose it would be easier in gzdoom, but I don't want sprite clipping or graphics smoothing....

Really, I should start assembling some help, as I have not done anything myself outside Decorate....though anything more at this point would prolly benefit from a more fleshed out idea of the maps....there is also an issue of putting in the vehicles, which I know CAN be done...

Edit: thats not a dog, lol, its a snipe.
Last edited by JustinC on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

Now that it's getting closer to completion, you should think about publicizing this in other places. TIGSource might like it, who knows?
Tragos

Post by Tragos »

You can turn off smoothing effect in Gzdoom.
JustinC

Killian Reed FPS : Help Needed.

Post by JustinC »

zdoomc.jpg
zdoomc.jpg (120.56 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
Spoiler:
XutaWoo

Re: Killian Reed : Help Needed. Page 19.

Post by XutaWoo »

Code as in DECORATE (yeah, probably) or ACS? Or both?

If so, I can probably lend my talents, although there's much better ACS peeps. Still, unless you're thinking up some complex stuff, it probably doesn't matter. :P
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

I need somebody for complex things, maybe also to shuffle stuff around, problem solve and brainstorm. I can do alot of decorate stuff, but the more complicated stuff is beyond me. the brunt of the decorate code is done and/or can be built upon. I cannot script nor use ACS. To tell you the truth I have to make a "developer's guidebook" for anyone helping out. I have so many monsters I just lost count. Also, I hadn't really separated the different actors due to convenience. So the code stands as it is, with most of it in my brain.
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cq75 »

I'd be willing to help, I might not have a lot of time to spend on making maps since college is starting again on Tuesday, but if you want me to make a couple maps I'll give it a try.

If you want a coding example, here's my unfinished Blake Stone TC. Use r3091 or newer version of zdoom or GzDoom, turn "Always mouselook" off. It works best with Ultimate Doom as the IWAD, but it will work with Chex Quest 3. If you use Chex Quest 3 the guards will bleed gray instead of red.

Link (BS_AOG_06): http://www.mediafire.com/?tbdol80te9gaih7

It was based on AFADoomer's unfinished TC, I redid the weapons and actors. Only the first floor is done, but the elevator and vending machines work (the font looks bad in places, I couldn't get all the letters I needed, and mine looked weird)

If you want to see what kind of maps I make, ZM01 and ZM02 of Chex Skulltag Pack were made by me, I only modified ZM03 and ZM04. I stopped mapping for a while and I lost my skill at it, but after mapping consistently for the past few weeks, I'm making good maps again.

Here's a couple screenshots of my latest work, an invasion map

EDIT - I should note that I'm not good at reading complicated decorate or ACS code without some sort of explanation. I re-do code I don't understand, it always works great after it's made, though.
Last edited by cq75 on Sun May 08, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

I'm willing to help out.

I'm quite good at familiarising myself with other people's code, as well as debugging code. This goes for both DECORATE and ACS. However, I have released very little original work.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28821 (Helltricks, decorate-based mutator)
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29284 (Strife dagger with backstabbing; ACS-based implementation is compatible with newest SVN)

I've had my hand in some other projects (debugging and polish, much ACS).

A little less relevantly, the most representative information on what I do might be what you find in Feature Suggestions/Code submissions and Closed suggestions (sometimes added, sometimes not).
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

Hi all. Ok, I have to make an "Editor's Guide" so the resource is more understood. Once thats done, I can send out the resource.....
JustinC

Re: Killian Reed : Still going, screenshots page19.

Post by JustinC »

XutaWoo wrote:Code as in DECORATE (yeah, probably) or ACS? Or both?

If so, I can probably lend my talents, although there's much better ACS peeps. Still, unless you're thinking up some complex stuff, it probably doesn't matter. :P
Hmmm.....I think I forgot about that post....I kept thinking nobody was able to help with the complicated stuff so I finished up my Comicbook. Since I can't really start mapping till some of the more complicated issues are gone, I'm just gonna finish up and polish a couple things. Not that anyone cares much of it, I still plan on finishing this- prolly with less stuff I wanted to put in....maybe I'll bug XutaWoo after I change some more things....and once I finish, I guess I'll bug more people for maps.
Update:
Fixed punching motions
Almost done Map01- which I suppose I will release as a demo (Which will most likely be different than the full version)
Fixed alot of my Decorate Code
Weapon item rotations polished and completed
Fixed weapon order
May not be much Health or Armor in the game (or at all), you do that yourself with a Hypospray or Nanobots.

Nicer people
officers.png
officers.png (32.14 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Killian Reed : Update. Page 19.

Post by Tapwave »

Title wrote:Update.
FUCK YES.

Also, those sprites look pretty good, but i think you should desaturate the red bits on the arms and the hands of the first two sprites.
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

Yeah, I changed it before the final plop in.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Lots of good stuff and still waiting...
Dynamo

Re: Killian Reed : Still going, screenshots page19.

Post by Dynamo »

JustinC wrote:Not that anyone cares much of it
Why do you think so? I've been looking forward to an update for a loooong time and I'm glad to see this is still being worked on (heck, I even considered bumping the thread). Even if a lot of people are silent about it it doesn't mean they don't care. I'm in fact sure a lot of people are looking forward to play this.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”