[Request] need npc sprites!

Requests go in THIS forum!

[Request] need npc sprites!

Postby yuyu3 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:09 pm

Well actually i´m making a wad that starts in an office, but there is the problem, i need some npc sprites, I need normal people sprites, i mean doom type sprites but without weapons or strange suits, just dressed like with casual shits and pants, thanks i´ll be waiting.
yuyu3

Re: [Request] need npc sprites!

Postby wildweasel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Welcome to the forums, yuyu - I've taken the liberty of placing your request thread somewhere that it might be more easily noticed (i.e. the Resources forum).
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby amv2k9 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:34 pm

yuyu3 wrote:Well actually i´m making a wad that starts in an office, but there is the problem, i need some npc sprites, I need normal people sprites, i mean doom type sprites but without weapons or strange suits, just dressed like with casual shits and pants, thanks i´ll be waiting.

There is an 'r' in 'shirts', just so you know :P
Anyways Strife might be a good place to start. The sprites there look a little 'old-timey', but with some modification, I think you could get the casual dress look you want.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby yuyu3 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Yes i extracted the strife graphics but i need more variety, like women, and considering that i am not good enough in editing sprites its a lot harder, i have tried looking for alternative strife skins but no luck so far.
yuyu3

Postby amv2k9 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:39 pm

yuyu3 wrote:Yes i extracted the strife graphics but i need more variety, like women

Try experimenting with the male peasant graphics; narrow the shoulders, take a little out at the waist, widen the hips. For reference, you could Google up some fashion pictures to see how loose & tight clothing hangs of a female figure vs. a male. It'll take practice, I'm sure, but you could adapt those male graphics to female.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby Enjay » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Unfortunately, there has been a need and lack of civilian sprites for a very long time now. I have tried to do something a couple of times myself but, quite simply, my skill is not enough. :(
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby DoomSplitter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Doesn't ghostbusters doom have some civilian sprites?
DoomSplitter
Cacospray FTW!

Postby Sodaholic » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Enjay wrote:my skill is not enough. :(

So I'm guessing you failed it? :P

I've been thinking of getting people to get on my human turntable to make sprites out of their photos. Of course edit them to look more doomy.
Sodaholic
Banned User

Postby JoeyTD » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:20 am

Sodaholic wrote:
Enjay wrote:my skill is not enough. :(

So I'm guessing you failed it? :P

I've been thinking of getting people to get on my human turntable to make sprites out of their photos. Of course edit them to look more doomy.

I go for it.
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else

Postby Xim » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

I made this sprite set, by editing the "Work Man" sprite, but nobody seems to remember it. :P
Xim

Postby Enjay » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:03 pm

IIRC, I may have made the original workman by editing Scuba Steve's Ghostbuster Doom security guard/policeman and sicking a size-altered Strife head on him. However, both Steve's sprite and the edit of it suffer from the hands being adapted from the Doom player/Zombie position with the gun removed. The hands simply aren't in a natural position and look odd in a few poses (esp when chained together like in the walking animation).

We still need some nice "general public" sprites. There are a few (again) in Ghostbusters Doom (A woman, a guy or two wearing a suit and some mechanics IIRC) but they are just single frames intended for use as scenery.

[edit]
[/edit]
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby yuyu3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Thnks to everyone!, just what i was looking for.
yuyu3

Postby JustinC » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Since your ripping sprites, you may want to look into adventure games. Point and click adventures. They should contain walking animations for the front side and back, and sometimes even that 45' view.....you could totally put the schmuck from darkseed in a wad.....not that i'm a fan of sprite ripping....
JustinC

Postby Reactor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:26 am

I strongly recommend GTA 3 or GTA Vice City, they have tons of civilians.
Reactor
The militarist

Postby Xim » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Reactor wrote:I strongly recommend GTA 3 or GTA Vice City, they have tons of civilians.

And perfectly in Doom style too... :roll:
Xim

Next

Return to Requests