DEEPEST EVIL - 6 LEVEL UPDATE B4 IDGAMES SUBMISSION

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ShadesMaster

DEEPEST EVIL - 6 LEVEL UPDATE B4 IDGAMES SUBMISSION

Post by ShadesMaster »

Deepest Evil is a mod for DooM 2 that takes the player through an infested base. Featured here is a 6 level 'first episode' - it not only includes enhancements to most of the existing DooM 2 monsters, but many fitting additions as well.

DOWNLOAD HERE: DeepEvil.zip - 9.42MB

FEATURES:

- Reorganized weapons. 1) key uses no ammo, 2) is all bullet weapons, 3) are shell-based guns, 4) is nails, 5) is rockets, 6) is for plasma and 7) is for supernatural ammo!
- New sprites for many existing weapons.
- Rebalanced weapons - new friends join your DooM favorites as you find tools of varying power for all ammotypes.
- New monsters - new foes join doomed enemies who themselves have received upgrades. Arachnotrons act sharper, Cacodemons bleed blue and Revenants go duel as Terminators rampage and Cybruisers never miss a beat!
- Unique storyline - Traverse through an infested base, where forbidden hybridic experiments abound, and detonate a nuclear warhead before the demons take it with them! And that's just chapter 1!

WEAPONS AND POWERUPS:

- find the machinegun early to have a better backup than a mere pistol.
- Line up enemies to use the nailgun and it's ripper darts, or the flak cannon to deliver an all-powerful blast!
- The pulse rifle is an experimental cannon, smaller brother of the plasma rifle and more common.
- The UAC has crafted new types of armor await, both common and experimental!
- Supernatural artifacts lie in wait to do more for the player. The Hades sphere and Giga Sphere replenish, while the Shield Sphere adds new dimension to invincibility - right back at your foes!

NEW SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:
SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:
This mod uses tons of resources from various people:
Spoiler:
Last edited by ShadesMaster on Tue May 24, 2011 9:43 am, edited 10 times in total.
esselfortium

Re: DooM 2 - Deepest Evil

Post by esselfortium »

From the screenshots, this looks alright as far as texturing and detail goes, but everything you've shown so far is a small, squarish room without much visible height variation (i.e. more than just a step down, or a decorative impassible ledge) or interconnection (i.e. windows into other parts of the map).
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Actually, the levels' got 'em, but I didn't take any screenies of those lol!!!!
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Yeah, you can keep the name too. :P
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

CodenniumRed wrote:Actually, the levels' got 'em, but I didn't take any screenies of those lol!!!!
Only taking screenies of the boring stuff is not the best way to get people to download your mod ;)

8-)
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Looks delicious :P Not a big fan of that Shadow Warrior launcher but everything else looks yummy :3:
Renguero

Post by Renguero »

Where is the rest of the maps? Sorry for mi English, I'm from Argentina.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

MAJOR BUMP - Deepest Evil has evolved into a 3-level demo, soon to be an episode of all-new gameplay!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: DEEPEST EVIL

Post by Ghastly »

Might want to double-check your credits.
ShadesMaster wrote:GHASTLY DRAGON: Chaingun Major, Giga Sphere sprites, both Nailguns
I didn't do those.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Well some of the decorate found inside those guys might be based on your code... there was alot of random stuff I borrowed to go through and I'll fix the credits as time goes on, lol!
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Ok, I only played the first map so far, but there are a few things bugging me.

-The player seems to move really slow, I think lowering the player speed to perhaps 0.9 is good, but any more and it feels like being stuck in treacle.
-The shotgun needs new sound effects to accompany the new sprites. Also, Doomguy appears to have dainty woman hands on the new shotgun sprites which is a bit off-putting :roll:
-The machinegun is rated before the shotgun in the weapon order, this is initially a bit confusing.
-The map was a bit too cramped and linear, although it is map01 so this is acceptable.
-The angled pistol looks out of place with the rest of the centred weapons.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

CaptainToenail wrote:-The angled pistol looks out of place with the rest of the centred weapons.
Yeah. Either all centered or all angled, but mixing and matching rarely works.

Map02 also has a distinct lack of ammo. Very fun killing that last Cacodemon with hit-and-run kicking (which looks hilarious, by the way) and rounding the corner into a Cybruiser...
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

I playtested it on ultraviolence, I had sufficient ammo - but did you get the nailgun secret? The weapon can really be found on the third level but it is in a secret area of level 2. If not and you ran out, than I should rebalance considering people might not get the nailgun. You're supposed to jump and crouch btw despite the mod's DooM 1 feel... part's of level 2 in fact were originally intended for the 'DooM the way ID did' mod.

Still, these are all fixes to keep in mind. Level 3 has a rad suit podium that's misaligned due to a last minute fix I did - and I COULD replace a nukage-room caco with a cacomental because atm their differences are only visual, and the latter is brown and green.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

ShadesMaster wrote:I playtested it on ultraviolence, I had sufficient ammo - but did you get the nailgun secret?
Bad idea making secret areas required. :P
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Not sure if want, but I'll try it out later.
Either all centered or all angled, but mixing and matching rarely works.
Hexen used both styles, with the Fighter having the most whereas the Mage's weapons were all centered. I figure so long as the graphical style doesn't mismatch it's not too bad.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”