Ball Dodging WIP

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CaptainToenail

Ball Dodging WIP

Post by CaptainToenail »

Quite a while ago I made a simple mod that replaced all the monsters in a level with deadly balls that you had to dodge. I lost that mod, but I remember having great coop fun with it so I decided I'm going to remake it with more polish this time. I've managed to get the basics together. The mod is simple, reach the exit without touching any of the moving obstacles. Crouching and jumping is discouraged - it takes the challenge away.

Things I plan to do:
-make the balls really cool looking, possibly with trails and custom sprites
-add sound effects - flying loop, bouncing etc.
-remove all non-necessary items from map - keep pistol (with inf ammo for shooting switches), radsuits, keys etc.
-possibly make the balls move vertically as well as horizontally - makes high-ceilinged areas really easy though :?

You can download what's done so far, it is playable, if a bit rough around the edges. Please gimme feedback and ideas :)
Spoiler:
Attachments
BallDodgeV1.zip
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Tormentor667

Re: Ball Dodging WIP

Post by Tormentor667 »

Loving it :)
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

CaptainToenail wrote:-possibly make the balls move vertically as well as horizontally - makes high-ceilinged areas really easy though :?
You should have another type of ball to replace the flying monsters (cacodemon, pain elemental, lost soul) that does this. You could also have a faster moving ball to replace the bosses. Or maybe one that chases you :P
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

I like it. It’s simple, yet it isn’t boring. You should definitely consider the above ideas as well.
Killar

Post by Killar »

CaptainToenail wrote: -possibly make the balls move vertically as well as horizontally - makes high-ceilinged areas really easy though :?
You could make vertically moving balls check the ceiling height and adjust speed accordingly.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”