Hacx 2.0 -- Hacxmas Alpha!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should Hacx 2.0 enable jumping?

Yes
70%
No
15%
Don't Care
15%

Total votes: 159

Captain Ventris

Re: Hacx 2.0 -- Now in Development!

Post by Captain Ventris »

...and then make hand-less, levitating voxel versions of the Hacx weapons, which are then used in Cyberspace. That would be wicked cool.
Gez

Post by Gez »

No, ZDoom doesn't support voxels outside of an incomplete experimental branch.
DoomsdayOdd

Post by DoomsdayOdd »

I agree on the cyberspace levels, they were horrid. level 10 has wicked music though
An Idea for them: give them and the real world complete different sets of enemies, At least at first.

also, does G.E.N.I.E. have the abilty to warp reality? because Im playing HacX .1.2, and if the big G can't warp reality, then this game makes NO flippin' sense, and as someone as obsessed with storytelling as me (yet I still love doom, go figure), such blatant plotholes drive me crazy. :p
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

No worries -- that particular plot point will certainly be covered. ;)

In other news, I noticed that a certain network of Tunnels did little to resemble a Town. So...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Yes, that's MAP02. ;)

Also, for those interested in firepower, a recent build of the Hacx Guns includes brand-new tazer graphics (a la JustinC) and a much-needed nuker upgrade that includes real nukes! Boo-yah!
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Xaser wrote:brand-new tazer graphics (a la JustinC)
Upon seeing them, I literally did this: Image
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

Incidentally Xaser, sorry If I sounded incoherent the last PM, my sleeping pills had kicked in and I'm not sure if I may have typed anything strange, lol. For that matter, if I ever type anything off around here, you guys will know why. :-)
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

JustinC wrote:Incidentally Xaser, sorry If I sounded incoherent the last PM, my sleeping pills had kicked in and I'm not sure if I may have typed anything strange, lol. For that matter, if I ever type anything off around here, you guys will know why. :-)
Possibly explaining the Hungry-Man meal in the other thread? =P
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

Xaser wrote: Also, for those interested in firepower, a recent build of the Hacx Guns includes brand-new tazer graphics (a la JustinC) and a much-needed nuker upgrade that includes real nukes! Boo-yah!
The nuker is really nice. As for the tazer, am I the only one who thinks it looks out of place?
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

DoomSplitter wrote:As for the tazer, am I the only one who thinks it looks out of place?
It does, a little. It could stand to have the black outline look reduced a bit more.

- The new Tazer behavior has more of an Ethereal Crossbow vibe, but it seems a bit underwelming at times, in terms of damage and multiple kills.
- The new Uzi clip system is excellent. It nerfs the Uzi enough as to not obsolete the pistol, in my opinion, without making it frustrating to use at all.
- The creature which replaces the Mancubus (?) has the flashing eye animation at the end of his Death state - while this looks ominous, it also prevents him from respawning. (Has to stop at an infinite frame for that.) Perhaps have it flash a few times then stop?
- Seems like the Photon 'Zooka could use something a bit more interesting than a RL reskin. At the least, I think it wouldn't hurt to speed up the projectiles a bit.
- Kick needs a sound when hitting a wall. (One thing that always bothered me about DooM.) Also, I hope it will have +NOALERT sometime in the future.
- And of course, my position on forcing jump/crouch off still stands. :?
- I love the Nuker now, though. :twisted:
Big C

Post by Big C »

The Photon-Zooka's rockets accelerate greatly after a moment in flight, actually, so the behavior IS different.

I am thinking shell casings for the pistol/Uzi would be cool, and spent magazines for the Uzi when you reload.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

NeuralStunner wrote:
DoomSplitter wrote:As for the tazer, am I the only one who thinks it looks out of place?
- And of course, my position on forcing jump/crouch off still stands. :?
Go to the menu, switch both back on, done! :P
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Graf Zahl wrote:Go to the menu, switch both back on, done! :P
Every time I start up? :?

If I knew there were CVars for all the DMFlags options, I'd add them to AutoExec.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Those aren't DM flags, though. They're separate cvars -- sv_allowjump, sv_allowcrouch, sv_nojump and sv_nocrouch. See [wiki=CVARs:Configuration#sv_allowcrouch]wiki[/wiki].
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Aha, that's what I needed. Thanks! ;)
Big C wrote:The Photon-Zooka's rockets accelerate greatly after a moment in flight, actually, so the behavior IS different.
I hadn't noticed that, probably due to being directly behind the missile most of the time. Great idea!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The new weapons are great

The kick is still a little slow, I liked the fast kick that you had in the original
That electrocuter thing seems fine, its a chainsaw clone but I can't see anything else in it
The pistol is fine too, would love if it was semi-auto
The tazer could do a bit more damage, and the new graphics could be touched up a bit to fit in with the other weapons
The cryogun is fine
The uzi is great, would be better if it fired one shot at a time instead of two, makes it different from the pistol.
The zooka is fine for now
The rod thing still needs to be less of a plasma rifle clone
The nuker... DAMN! :shock:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”