HacX 1.2

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Davidos

Re: HacX 1.2

Post by Davidos »

Why not include manual reloading then?
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

If I remembered correctly the aim of Hacx 2.0 was to stay Boom-compatible (classic definition).

A manual reloading sequence would kinda step over that boundary. Unless Xaser no longer is sticking to be limit-removing compatible.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Damage wrote:If I remembered correctly the aim of Hacx 2.0 was to stay Boom-compatible (classic definition).

A manual reloading sequence would kinda step over that boundary. Unless Xaser no longer is sticking to be limit-removing compatible.
With all the DECORATE talk, it seems that Xaser has taken a step further :P
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hacx 2.0 is planned to work in both ZDoom and Eternity (and possibly Doomsday), so anything done in one will need to work in the other. Any sort of work done in DECORATE needs to also be doable in EDF (and DED) -- I'm not sure if manual reloading (even via an altfire key) is, but it's something that can be found out. :P

The thing is, I really don't want to make alternate fires for every weapon (that's overkill) so the altfire key in this case would become a specific "reload if you're using this one weapon" key. But whatever, I guess it's better than having none at all, if it's compatible across the board.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Personally, the only two things I'd care to see are staying like it is, or "reloading" every 50 rounds or so. I'd lean toward the latter, it grants a little more of a grip on some attempt at realism. :P
daimon

Post by daimon »

got some decorate problems on skulltag 0.97d2 on my laptop loading hacx as iwad, but don't gave me troubles using zdoom 2.4.0 on the same workstation (yes, i use very old stuff on my laptop....), whatever is a great add-on, i playyed this long time ago on vanilla doom 2, using the good old dosbox...
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Duke style reloading seems the best for the Uzi. That's what I had planned on doing for a Hacx decorate mod I scrapped.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hacx 1.2 is up on /idgames now. Update your links. ;)

Note: I might do one final revision (turns out there are some glitches with the EMAPINFO), but after that I promise I'll stop bastardizing the version number system.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

This is great, Xaser, but I have a few more suggestions to make. These might be better for the 2.0 revision of Hacx, but I thought I would post them anyway:
  • The shotgun robots have the same gib sound as the humanoid mutants, which is a sick squelch noise. A more appropriate gib sound would be better.
  • Glass counts towards the total monster kill count. I know this is default behavior since they replace a monster, but I think the glass entities should be marked with -COUNTKILL.
  • A lot of the entities don't feel as if they are scaled properly. The shotgun robots and humanoid mutants are gigantic, for instance. Again, this is default behavior, but perhaps they should be scaled to their environment better.
  • Going with the above, the rocket sprite is gigantic. While the above seems more appropriate for Hacx 2.0, rescaling the rocket sprite seems like a small enough change for inclusion in 1.2.
Alright, that's enough from me heh. I'm really excited for 2.0 and glad to see Hacx get its own IWAD like it deserves.

Edit:
The hanging bodies no longer scream when shot. They did previously. Also the reznator's idle frame is placed a few pixels too high and appears to float when the HUD is turned off or the alternate HUD is used.
Salad Viking

Post by Salad Viking »

BUG REPORT:
  • Glass explodes on death, which hurts the player quite a bit when nearby.
  • Glass can be killed an infinite number of times if you fire at it repeatedly.
  • Glass bleeds.
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

@Salad Viking

1. I think that might be for simulating glass shards showering the player if nearby.
2. Definately a bug.
3. Bug.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Yeah, the glass is supposed to hurt you when it breaks. It's always done that.
Salad Viking

Post by Salad Viking »

Snarboo wrote:Yeah, the glass is supposed to hurt you when it breaks. It's always done that.
I considered that, but how in the world does shattered glass do more harm to me than a bullet to the face?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

It's a recoded Cacodemon fireball if I remember right. I think the Cacodemon itself was replaced by the glass, too.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Salad Viking wrote:
  • Glass can be killed an infinite number of times if you fire at it repeatedly.
  • Glass bleeds.
I've never seen either of these. You probably have something autoloaded.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”